President O'Biden

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If someone is one of the 1/10th of 1% who can't get a job because a criminal alien took it they probably won't care what the percentage is. And anyone who condones allowing any criminal aliens to be here doesn't deserve to be here and should be expelled along with the criminal alien.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If someone is one of the 1/10th of 1% who can't get a job because a criminal alien took it they probably won't care what the percentage is. And anyone who condones allowing any criminal aliens to be here doesn't deserve to be here and should be expelled along with the criminal alien.

Wow - if one is that tough on (so-called) "criminal aliens", real hard to imagine how tough one might be on someone fomenting sedition and insurrection against the United States of America ...

I'd guess literally nothing is off the table ?

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Some think seditionists are lurking in every shadow. They're not.
#thisyearsseditionistislastyearsrussianassetcanard.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not revisionist ... due to Cheeto-lini's incompetence in handling the pandemic, minority communities have been the hardest hit in terms of employment.

Not only that, but they are also hardest hit health-wise - due to systemic reasons he failed to solve while in office.
That's an opinion, not a fact. And it's a politicized opinion based on politicized interpretations and conclusions of statistics. In the article linked, the studies compared African Americans in the US to African Americans in other countries. Let that one sink in a bit. The only reason to compare African Americans in other countries, which isn't even a thing, to African Americans is to politicize the conclusions.

The article states that black infections and deaths in other countries is comparable to those of genuine American African Americans, which means its due to something well beyond any failure to address any systemic issues in America.

The reality is there is a number of factors that affect brown and black people (including African Americans) in both the US and worldwide. In America we know that black and brown people tend to wear masks and even socially distance at lower percentages than white populations.

We also know that both the American political system itself and the Healthcare system has a large and very different impact on covid than in other democracies. Clearly our systems weren't as good as other countries when hit with covid. And you can't blame Trump for either our political or Healthcare system, and there's nothing he could have done to make either so appreciably different that would have had any effect on covid.

Generally speaking, the higher percentage of Neanderthal DNA you have, the more likely you are to be hit with severe reactions to covid. Blacks have the fewest percentage of DNA, but the variants they do have tend to be the worse for covid. I guess that's Trump's fault.

In America a higher percentage of blacks than whites are on Welfare, which is the reason for the larger percentage of blacks having more comorbidities such as obesity, heart disease and diabetes. The cheap food you can buy with food stamps tends to be the worse for your health.

Then there's the biological and genetic factors at play. We know, unambiguously, that certain variants of Neanderthal DNA are strongly associated with how hard you are hit with covid. But you can't politicize that little nugget, so no one wants to talk about it. While Neanderthal DNA is far lower in blacks than other populations, there are two specific variant halotypes that are found disproportionately in blacks that are not found in significant numbers even in Southeast Asia, where populations have as much as 20% Neanderthal DNA. These two halotypes affect how the lungs initially respond to covid invasion.

The genetic halotypes are not a predictor, but there is a strong, direct association between them and severe covid. Some people with these halotypes don't have any severe reaction at all to covid. That speaks more to just how complicated the variables are, and mocks the notion that they can all be condensed down to purely or even mostly socioeconomic conditions, much less to that of "system racism" (which is still not yet proven to be a thing, certainly on the scale of those who tout it as being the root cause of everything from thrown in jail to the heartbreak of psoriasis).

No leader of any country made the right decisions that resulted in controlling the pandemic. You can't control a pandemic. That's why it's called a pandemic. We don't even know enough about it today to make the right calls. We knew slightly less about it a year ago. There were decisions made that were very good in helping, and some that turned out to be really bad, but none of them were made with any real knowledge or competency, or ill intent.

When people say the Orange Man didn't do it right, they still, right now, today, cannot give specific, credible examples of what he did wrong and should have done differently that would have controlled, or made any difference at all in the pandemic. The reason they can't is because nobody knows. The experts can't even agree on something as simple as masks. Nobody knows.

Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Some think seditionists are lurking in every shadow.

Doubtful (that people are thinking that)

OTOH, when one spends most of their time arguing with those that are condemning seditionists and insurrectionists and making excuses for the guy that incited them, one might have a problem ... and be a potential candidate, perhaps well on the way to being radicalized !

They're not.
#thisyearsseditionistislastyearsrussianassetcanard.

The guy that posted right after that just said let's have another tea party ...

Ya literally can't make it up ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Your premise is faulty. There isn't any evidence in his speech that he incited.
Go "peacefully and patriotically," remember?
#Factsmatter

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Oh and rlent i got to watch those women speak on tv live as they said the hate filled words 3 of them said it as Minneapolis was burning.

Reactions: muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's an opinion, not a fact. And it's a politicized opinion based on politicized interpretations and conclusions of statistics. In the article linked, the studies compared African Americans in the US to African Americans in other countries. Let that one sink in a bit. The only reason to compare African Americans in other countries, which isn't even a thing, to African Americans is to politicize the conclusions.

The article states that black infections and deaths in other countries is comparable to those of genuine American African Americans, which means its due to something well beyond any failure to address any systemic issues in America.

The reality is there is a number of factors that affect brown and black people (including African Americans) in both the US and worldwide. In America we know that black and brown people tend to wear masks and even socially distance at lower percentages than white populations.

We also know that both the American political system itself and the Healthcare system has a large and very different impact on covid than in other democracies. Clearly our systems weren't as good as other countries when hit with covid. And you can't blame Trump for either our political or Healthcare system, and there's nothing he could have done to make either so appreciably different that would have had any effect on covid.

Generally speaking, the higher percentage of Neanderthal DNA you have, the more likely you are to be hit with severe reactions to covid. Blacks have the fewest percentage of DNA, but the variants they do have tend to be the worse for covid. I guess that's Trump's fault.

In America a higher percentage of blacks than whites are on Welfare, which is the reason for the larger percentage of blacks having more comorbidities such as obesity, heart disease and diabetes. The cheap food you can buy with food stamps tends to be the worse for your health.

Then there's the biological and genetic factors at play. We know, unambiguously, that certain variants of Neanderthal DNA are strongly associated with how hard you are hit with covid. But you can't politicize that little nugget, so no one wants to talk about it. While Neanderthal DNA is far lower in blacks than other populations, there are two specific variant halotypes that are found disproportionately in blacks that are not found in significant numbers even in Southeast Asia, where populations have as much as 20% Neanderthal DNA. These two halotypes affect how the lungs initially respond to covid invasion.

The genetic halotypes are not a predictor, but there is a strong, direct association between them and severe covid. Some people with these halotypes don't have any severe reaction at all to covid. That speaks more to just how complicated the variables are, and mocks the notion that they can all be condensed down to purely or even mostly socioeconomic conditions, much less to that of "system racism" (which is still not yet proven to be a thing, certainly on the scale of those who tout it as being the root cause of everything from thrown in jail to the heartbreak of psoriasis).

No leader of any country made the right decisions that resulted in controlling the pandemic. You can't control a pandemic. That's why it's called a pandemic. We don't even know enough about it today to make the right calls. We knew slightly less about it a year ago. There were decisions made that were very good in helping, and some that turned out to be really bad, but none of them were made with any real knowledge or competency, or ill intent.

When people say the Orange Man didn't do it right, they still, right now, today, cannot give specific, credible examples of what he did wrong and should have done differently that would have controlled, or made any difference at all in the pandemic. The reason they can't is because nobody knows. The experts can't even agree on something as simple as masks. Nobody knows.

My biggest gripe with how he handled the pandemic is that he would not wear a mask and refused to promote mask wearing.

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Oh and rlent i got to watch those women speak on tv live as they said the hate filled words 3 of them said it as Minneapolis was burning.

Perhaps some clarification is needed then, about which three are being referred to in the above quote.

I suspect we can remove Rep. Waters from the mix ... since her (quoted) comments were made back in 2018.

And I doubt that Vice-President Harris' comments qualify either ... since 1. I believe the (supposed) quote in the meme is not actually what she said ... but rather a paraphrase instead, and 2. she made her comments during an appearance with Stephen Colbert's show ... and generally those shows are taped for later rebroadcast ... so it seems rather doubtful that it was on "tv live" ...

I am quite curious though ... what exactly in "Protestors should not let up" is "hate filled" ?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My biggest gripe with how he handled the pandemic is that he would not wear a mask and refused to promote mask wearing.
Trump wearing a mask or not had zero effect on whether or not I wore a mask. I suspect I'm not unique in that. I also suspect that there are even fewer Democrats and other assorted anti Trumpers who refused to wear masks simply because Trump didn't wear or promote them. I also know that I've never thought, even once, "President Biden says we should wear masks. So I should wear a mask. Maybe two."

But again, even if Trump had been the Don King of mask promotion, it would have had zero effect on controlling the pandemic, as is plainly evident in how countries with universal mask adoption also failed to control the pandemic.

About 95% of the time I wear an N95 mask, and it's not because Dr Fauci told me not to.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump was likely following the advice of Senior Advisor Dr Anthony Fauci and the Office of the Surgeon General. Both were saying at the outset that masks weren't particularly effective.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Trump was likely following the advice of Senior Advisor Dr Anthony Fauci and the Office of the Surgeon General. Both were saying at the outset that masks weren't particularly effective.
He was probably accurate with those initial comments, but then changed his advice due to political pressure perhaps.
I touch my face a ton more now than before because I have to wear a mask while working. Plus, as he said, it might prevent a droplet, but that's not protection.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
1612735262558.png
We gottem now son, sure do Dad, fighting among themselves,,,is that money in the bank yet, yeah Dad small bills in Costa Rica.....