Cancel Culture

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dagnammit it's a noose! Don't let anyone say it's not.
In Bubba's defense, its a slip knot, and all slip knots are nooses. It's a really old term, from Middle English or Old French, from the Lain nodus, which means knot. It's one of the basic, and most common stitches in knitting. It's used in fishing (arbor knot) and in boating (running bowline), and Scouting (slip knot). Someone should knit Bubba a scarf. See if he notices that he's wearing thousands of nooses around his neck.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've heard this from a few people. So little actual acts of racism in U.S. now, that they have to concoct hoax ones. Too many to count.
The NYT did a study on it, and they found that 2/3 of the hate crimes reported were fake. And that's somebody trying to put the best, most racist spin on it. If you take a closer look, it's closer to 90 percent. And it feels like it's even higher than that. One thing that seems to be certain is, the more news coverage a hate crime gets, the less likely it's real.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The NYT did a study on it, and they found that 2/3 of the hate crimes reported were fake. And that's somebody trying to put the best, most racist spin on it. If you take a closer look, it's closer to 90 percent. And it feels like it's even higher than that. One thing that seems to be certain is, the more news coverage a hate crime gets, the less likely it's real.
When I hear a story like this Bubba Wallace one I first think it's a misunderstanding or a purposeful hoax. Very rarely is it the real deal. Also when I hear stories about somebody spray painting something that says spells Trump with a Nazi sign or other acts of vandalism, It is almost always done by someone who hates him and not done by a Trump supporter with an affinity for Nazis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

All whites are crackers?

I get tired of that line of thinking. Anytime someone says all x’s are this, all y’s are that, they get shot down quickly. In my opinion, all w’s deserve the same benefit of the doubt.

By the way, those cops needed to be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: dalscott and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I'm all for weeding out the bad officers. They were called crispy critters when I studied law enforcement a long time ago. Usually about 1 to 5 % of a police dept depending on the size. They're considered the burned out and jaded officers that really shouldn't be on force any longer. Policing has improved considerably since then so the percentage is probably less than that now. Still exists though.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
About the 6:15 mark this prosecutor talks about whether she would charge someone for tearing down statues. I guess some can destroy public property and there are no repercussions.

Reactions: Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
This happened a couple days ago here in Michigan. It has made national news, at least in print.
You just have to do whatever you can to avoid confrontation and don't let people get you to do something out of emotion.
Now an evening at Chipotle has turned into both of them losing their gun permits and a loss of a job, as well as both being charged with 4 year felonies.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This happened a couple days ago here in Michigan. It has made national news, at least in print.
You just have to do whatever you can to avoid confrontation and don't let people get you to do something out of emotion. ...

That would be the smart thing to do ... particularly if one is armed.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

That would be the smart thing to do ... particularly if one is armed.
You can't let someone who is hysterical make you do something to lose your means of protection. Now they have no weapon amid probably death threats and a political climate that calls for defunding police.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And when they walked back in they should have been booed off the floor again followed by walking out on them and demanding money back at the ticket window.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The WNBA.

Both the setup and the punchline in the same sentence.

Why are there so many jumpshots in the WNBA?
Because women can't drive.

I got a million of 'em. All of which will get me cancelled.

• Haha

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And when they walked back in they should have been booed off the floor again followed by walking out on them and demanding money back at the ticket window.
Booed off by whom? Look at the massive crowd. All those filled seats.

Oh wait....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I confess, I didn't watch the video. I guess there was nobody there to boo them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I confess, I didn't watch the video. I guess there was nobody there to boo them.
The WNBA averages about 4,500 people per game (pre pandemic).
The women's SEC college basketball games do better than that.