November 2020 Is For Turkeys

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well it's about time lol.

Tomorrow I will be installing a new exhaust tube for my Espar because, long story short...
I no longer have one :rolleyes:
Last night I used a 1500W electric heater ($50) powered by my Onan. Wow, in low setting it was great. Bring on Wyoming . And, yes - the generator does go through fuel (2 gal/12 hrs).

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night I used a 1500W electric heater ($50) powered by my Onan. Wow, in low setting it was great. Bring on Wyoming . And, yes - the generator does go through fuel (2 gal/12 hrs).

Waaay to expensive for my blood lol...Course I may use a lot of diesel leaving my sprinter uninsulated. I need room for my ass to get around skids, and it's a tight squeeze already

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Day two at the Carlisle J. Took a nice long walk (in the rain) around the perimeter of the truck lot. OMG - I couldn't believe what I saw. Garbage thrown everywhere. They just open the doors of the tractors and dump anything and everything, with trash cans a few trucks away. Even saw a soiled diaper on the ground and it wasn't from a baby. Sickening.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Day two at the Carlisle J. Took a nice long walk (in the rain) around the perimeter of the truck lot. OMG - I couldn't believe what I saw. Garbage thrown everywhere. They just open the doors of the tractors and dump anything and everything, with trash cans a few trucks away. Even saw a soiled diaper on the ground and it wasn't from a baby. Sickening.

That is why I limit my trips to truck stops for fuel only. The last straw for me was at the Walton ky J, walking between 2 trailers I almost stepped in a pile of crap, with used toilet paper around it. I know sometimes you have to go, but waiting 30 more seconds to get inside wouldn't have hurt too much.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good news, loaded and rolling. Bad news, had to put on long pants. Sweet run from from PA to Holcomb KS. I-70 straight out 1300 miles.

Well I didn't stay at Holiday Inn last night, but I did buy a newer GMC Sierra 4 x 4 last night for Fishing and Hunting...20191106_201522.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice truck!

I bought a new van in 1997. When it came in, I chickened out and gave it back to the dealership...monthly payments would have equaled the extra money I made with it at the time

Waiting in the tire shop watching the flakes fall, let em! New rubber going on

Oh, and waiting on a Kincardine, Ontario to confirm...new tires = winter $$$

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well I didn't stay at Holiday Inn last night, but I did buy a newer GMC Sierra 4 x 4 last night for Fishing and Hunting...
0404enviro2-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app
Fixed it for ya.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice truck!

I bought a new van in 1997. When it came in, I chickened out and gave it back to the dealership...monthly payments would have equaled the extra money I made with it at the time

Waiting in the tire shop watching the flakes fall, let em! New rubber going on

Oh, and waiting on a Kincardine, Ontario to confirm...new tires = winter $$$
For fishing and hunting? I guess that's a good enough reason ;)
Man you retired folk are something else :JC-hysterical:
Trust me, its not all its cracked up to be.
Lol ..its New to me ..
2010 with 103,000 miles and I paid cash , Brand New ones are Pretty, but a Bad Investment in my eyes . No Debt makes Retirement alot easier. Caught a couple more Red Fox today after the Fresh 2 to 3 inches of Snow last night. Moving over the next couple weeks will keep me plenty busy plus we will now be living within 6 blocks of Grandson ..

sent from my Recliner..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
..its New to me ..
2010 with 103,000 miles and I paid cash , Brand New ones are Pretty, but a Bad Investment in my eyes . No Debt makes Retirement alot easier. Caught a couple more Red Fox today after the Fresh 2 to 3 inches of Snow last night. Moving over the next couple weeks will keep me plenty busy plus we will now be living within 6 blocks of Grandson ..
emoji16.png
emoji16.png
Well enjoy it! And you can enjoy the fact that 3 expediters will be living off the loads you used to take ;)