November 2020 Is For Turkeys

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Where you at?
Yeah, having to deal with stuff like this out on the road can cost $$$$
I'm in Tulsa, truck is still in St Louis. Doing a weekend sightseeing trip of stuff often passed by. I knew sooner or later the tranny would speak. Knot sure what I would have done at home either since a private shop 1 year warranty is tough to collect on in, say, Wyoming?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Grizzly

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had times this year where I've worked regular. One this year where I pulled off $6500 in locals in a week (manual labor and handcart involved)

Truthfully I prefer 1 or 2 big ones every pay period, and sitting the rest of the time. If I tried to turn this into a job, it wouldn't be worth it.

It's hilarious what some will offer for you to not see your family.

Think I've been to the US about 8 times this year...99% close to home.

I'm getting very spoiled

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taking some time to see the sights in a rental while truck is having transmission fluid changed and, unfortunately, the rest of the transmission too. $6500 I didn't need to spend, but, 3 year unlimited miles warranty. @ 540000 miles I guess it did OK for what we do.

at 540,000 you were due maybe even over due...just part of the cost of doing business...some people think things last forever...thats why a fix it fund or a vacant CC is a must...be like a real business and invest in your own business....don t be just a driver aka steering wheel holder..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, I'm sure I'm getting hosed but when you break down 1000 miles from home? Also, the 3 year warranty is better than what you get (at a lower cost) from a tranny shop. The silver lining is no taxes this year

I don't know why I thought this was happening to brokcanadian, hence the question if the price was in Canadian dollars :rolleyes:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
No, I've got a 2005. Not time for the tranny yet :p
Then why did Canada elect one?
pLtT_F9rGslQPt-8M7J88Tojd-7FgliMq26cg1yZsoc.png

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After 13 years of sleeping in a van, I parted with $130 USD for an 8000 btu Chinese diesel heater. Rather than being happy, I feel like the sky is going to fall because I spent money on comfort. Being cheap is a real mental illness

Also bought a stack of 8 Hengst oil filters for $63 and OEM air filters for $10 each, this time from a VW part number (Crafter? Whatever, it matches the T1N)

Winter tires on order. Brand new General Arctic LT, these don't bother me to buy. Last set went on in 2017, and besides being one of the best snow tires I've ever used, they lasted more than 150,000 miles for me. Also, I'm on the spare right now because there's a large bolt thru one of them...

I'm eyeballing the upcoming Ford Transit 2.0 diesel. Course I'm still eyeballing the 2014 MB 2.1 so we all know that won't happen. Besides, have to use up.those air and oil filters now

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
After 13 years of sleeping in a van, I parted with $130 USD for an 8000 btu Chinese diesel heater. Rather than being happy, I feel like the sky is going to fall because I spent money on comfort. Being cheap is a real mental illness

Also bought a stack of 8 Hengst oil filters for $63 and OEM air filters for $10 each, this time from a VW part number (Crafter? Whatever, it matches the T1N)

Winter tires on order. Brand new General Arctic LT, these don't bother me to buy. Last set went on in 2017, and besides being one of the best snow tires I've ever used, they lasted more than 150,000 miles for me. Also, I'm on the spare right now because there's a large bolt thru one of them...

I'm eyeballing the upcoming Ford Transit 2.0 diesel. Course I'm still eyeballing the 2014 MB 2.1 so we all know that won't happen. Besides, have to use up.those air and oil filters now
If I had a dollar for every time you mention "looking at a newer vehicle". I wouldn't be expediting

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I seen Your looking at a New Van..FB_IMG_1573001152679.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just pulled into the Carlisle PA J. Virtually NO place for a van. Bobtails everywhere out front. T/T's squeezed in out front too. Sunday I saw the Tulsa J has taken a large section of the front area a staked out for pre-reserved 18's.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I don't know why I thought this was happening to brokcanadian, hence the question if the price was in Canadian dollars :rolleyes:
Tranny Update - parts $3600
labor $1500
Came in well below estimate, so honest dealer and job done in 2 working days.
So if you're in St Louis I can highly recommend Schicker Ford