Load One Feb Thread (so original lol)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Staring at my 3 credit reports trying to figure out how my credit score was at an excellent level, and suddenly went down 144 points. I paid everything off 8 weeks ago. Thinking that is it? Frustrated with that.

Paying off everything is probley the reason.
If your not playing kissey face with the banks, and worshipping the idol of FICO, your score will drop.
6 months or more it could be at zero or indeterminable.

Pay to Play, what a racket :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Made it home. Getting into my driveway was no problem. Pretty much nothing on the ground, although tomorrow may be a different story with the 3-6 inches of snow and ice forecasted :rolleyes:

Getting into my fenced yard was a bit more challenging. My main gate lock had a key broken off in it :eek:
Ok, that freaked me out. I'm selling the house, I'm tired of every time I come home there is some questionable thing that happened. I hate this neighborhood!

After I calmed down, I contacted my snow removal guy to see if maybe one of his guys tried to use the shed key to gain gate access. Short version, there was miscommunication with the guy, he shouldn't of attempted access (especially since he didn't have the right key) , in the biter cold the tip of the key did get broken off and was not reported. It's possible he didn't even know it happened, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I was just glad no one was trying to break in :rolleyes:

Quick trip at home, laundry, mail, odds & ends and then over to my local pilot for the night o_O
How nuts is that :D

Doctors appointment on Tuesday, then weather permitting, heading to the yard to take care of some stuff.

Cutting my home trip short, taxes will have to wait ;)
Off to another lack luster month, so need to keep at it, or at least try :treadmill:

Many reasons why I never saw the sense in having a permanent home with this nomadic lifestyle/job. I'm waiting to see what the economy does this year as I try to prepare for a home of some kind. I'm getting tired of not having a normal homelife.

Have you considered a ring doorbell security setup, along with a inside camera setup for you're Michigan mancave? Just the peace of mind being able to visually monitor hone from the road is well worth it.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Made it home. Getting into my driveway was no problem. Pretty much nothing on the ground, although tomorrow may be a different story with the 3-6 inches of snow and ice forecasted :rolleyes:

Getting into my fenced yard was a bit more challenging. My main gate lock had a key broken off in it :eek:
Ok, that freaked me out. I'm selling the house, I'm tired of every time I come home there is some questionable thing that happened. I hate this neighborhood!

After I calmed down, I contacted my snow removal guy to see if maybe one of his guys tried to use the shed key to gain gate access. Short version, there was miscommunication with the guy, he shouldn't of attempted access (especially since he didn't have the right key) , in the biter cold the tip of the key did get broken off and was not reported. It's possible he didn't even know it happened, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I was just glad no one was trying to break in :rolleyes:

Quick trip at home, laundry, mail, odds & ends and then over to my local pilot for the night o_O
How nuts is that :D

Doctors appointment on Tuesday, then weather permitting, heading to the yard to take care of some stuff.

Cutting my home trip short, taxes will have to wait ;)
Off to another lack luster month, so need to keep at it, or at least try :treadmill:

Many reasons why I never saw the sense in having a permanent home with this nomadic lifestyle/job. I'm waiting to see what the economy does this year as I try to prepare for a home of some kind. I'm getting tired of not having a normal homelife.

Have you considered a ring doorbell security setup, along with a inside camera setup for you're Michigan mancave? Just the peace of mind being able to visually monitor hone from the road is well worth it.

Yes I have and would love it. However, I would then need internet access for a home I'm already rarely at :(
A added (mostly wasted) cost, I'm not ready to pay...yet :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member
Staring at my 3 credit reports trying to figure out how my credit score was at an excellent level, and suddenly went down 144 points. I paid everything off 8 weeks ago. Thinking that is it? Frustrated with that.

If your not playing kissey face with the banks, and worshipping the idol of FICO, your score will drop.

It makes no sense. So you gotta be in debt nowadays to have a good credit score? What a racket. I do not like owing money to anyone. Cash is king, so I thought.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I had to stay oos another day. My wife and Tiffany are sick and needed me to help take care of them. Safety is overnighting my IRP plate. I should get that tomorrow and be ready to roll. I only get to Taylor every few months so the chances of me being there by February 28th are slim.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member

It makes no sense. So you gotta be in debt nowadays to have a good credit score? What a racket. I do not like owing money to anyone. Cash is king, so I thought.

I guess what really frosts my as* is that Lifelock wouldnt tell me why the credit score went down, but offered merely "suggestions.". The same with my bank, even Transunion, Experian, and Equifax, which reported the lower scores to begin with. I justcwobder what would happen in the case of identity theft..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Cash is king, unless you want a credit score :rolleyes:

After I became debt free, my score started to drop. Despite me not wanting to go back in debt, I did still want a good score in case I did want or need a loan for a different vehical (mistake #1). So despite my better judgement, (and Dave Ramsey), I began using my credit cards to pay little reoccurring monthly cost like one for my Sirius XM bill, another for my home alarm bill, etc. Just enough to keep activity showing up on my credit report and paid them off each month. Not a horrible plan, but I'll still call it (mistake #2). By doing so, it did bring my score back up and then some. But I hated this game I was now playing. Which led to (mistake #3), I was going to purchase a straight truck, got the loan, decided not to buy it, a few days later, my current Sprinter fell into my lap, I didn't even think twice about spending this borrowed money o_O

So now back in debt, and regret it every day :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member

Cash is king, unless you want a credit score :rolleyes:

After I became debt free, my score started to drop. Despite me not wanting to go back in debt, I did still want a good score in case I did want or need a loan for a different vehical (mistake #1). So despite my better judgement, (and Dave Ramsey), I began using my credit cards to pay little reoccurring monthly cost like one for my Sirius XM bill, another for my home alarm bill, etc. Just enough to keep activity showing up on my credit report and paid them off each month. Not a horrible plan, but I'll still call it (mistake #2). By doing so, it did bring my score back up and then some. But I hated this game I was now playing. Which led to (mistake #3), I was going to purchase a straight truck, got the loan, decided not to buy it, a few days later, my current Sprinter fell into my lap, I didn't even think twice about spending this borrowed money o_O

So now back in debt, and regret it every day :rolleyes:

Honestly, I think that you were mechanically better off with the old van. The new one seems finicky and problematic. Or at least it woulda been better if you were able to buy a different brand van.

I'm not completely slamming a $printer, they are excellent for ride, room, comfort, hvac, mpg, and cargo. They are awesome in that respect. But mechanically? $printer owners better have A1 credit, reserve money, and a crapload of cash on standby. They are ridiculously expensive in this aspect. Other brand vans do the exact same thing for a fraction of the purchase price, maintenance, etc.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Icy mess in Port Huron this morning. Woke up to the sound of a plow truck, so I figured that can't be good :rolleyes:
Roads not bad by the time I left at 1:30pm for my doctor's appointment. They had a cancellation, so I wasn't even done checking in and there calling my name, that was cool ;)

Reactions: ntimevan and Ragman

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Debated on heading to the yard tonight or in the morning. Since the morning commute weather warning is already out, I headed to the yard.
Started getting a little icy and windy before I got here, so glad I did. Now I can sleep in :D

Decided to spiff up the cruiser in the wash bay.
Got a nice coat of pre-wash on and uh oh, that's all that's working :(
Power washers are not working as of 10PM.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Debated on heading to the yard tonight or in the morning. Since the morning commute weather warning is already out, I headed to the yard.
Started getting a little icy and windy before I got here, so glad I did. Now I can sleep in :D

Decided to spiff up the cruiser in the wash bay.
Got a nice coat of pre-wash on and uh oh, that's all that's working :(
Power washers are not working as of 10PM.

Will have it checked in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So much for sleeping in, worse nights sleep in a long time.
I'm guessing drinking caffeinated coffee till midnight, may have played a part :rolleyes:

Lot of tossing and turning. Still trying to figure out how my middle blanket ended up on the floor :D