Load One Feb Thread (so original lol)

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Clarity with the new built in scanner is much better which is a huge help for admin on billing. Reduces the number of customer rejecting and requesting a clearer copy or us having to call the driver to dry and re-scan.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
Thank You! :innocent: LOL

guido4475

Not a Member
Looks like Guido has a Birthday today! Happy Birthday Guido and go to Texas Roadhouse!

Thank you. Working the last few days, trying to keep up with you....lol
It's not that hard right now!

I unloaded in Franklin, Ky on Friday morning. I was 8th out. I was severely surrounded no matter which direction I were to go. Thinking that my week has come to an end, being 8th out, (I was content with my weeks revenue at this point). I did a bunch of things instead of catching up on sleep. Just sat down and was ready to make a dinner salad and Jake calls..(dispatch must of really been kicking as* and taking names on Friday).. ..had a decent load going to Florida. I shoulda slept instead of doing things... NEVER ASSUME!!!!

As I'm driving, I keep looking over my right shoulder, lusting over my bed worse than I do over Sally my stripper freind back home....hmmmm...

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
After I unloaded Friday I went to the Pizza Hut Buffet and ate. During that time I got a load offer going to the yard. I said yes to but didnt get it. After that I went to the laundromat and washed everything and called it for the week.

Now I'm oos till Monday and today is practice for the Clash at Daytona! That's right Nascar is back!! See what happens next week.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I'm driving, I keep looking over my right shoulder, lusting over my bed worse than I do over Sally my stripper freind back home....hmmmm...

Careful what you wish for :D

Had a nice long sleep, bed felt so comfortable when I woke up, still didn't want to get up.
Had a night of pretty bizarre dreams, only one part I can share ;)

I haven't smoked cigarettes in over 8 years, in my dream I started smoking them again. Not sure what that was all about. Probably stress related :rolleyes:

Anyways, since I couldn't land a load heading towards home, will be dead heading home from Nashville shortly for my long over due doctors appointment which I already rescheduled twice, and have some other stuff to take care of.

My extended trip down south was nice, but eventually, I need to just go home ;)

guido4475

Not a Member
After I unloaded Friday I went to the Pizza Hut Buffet and ate. During that time I got a load offer going to the yard. I said yes to but didnt get it. After that I went to the laundromat and washed everything and called it for the week.

Now I'm oos till Monday and today is practice for the Clash at Daytona! That's right Nascar is back!! See what happens next week.

Are you saying that you are oos in Daytona?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

Are you saying that you are oos in Daytona?
If I was close by I would be

guido4475

Not a Member

Careful what you wish for :D

Had a nice long sleep, bed felt so comfortable when I woke up, still didn't want to get up.
Had a night of pretty bizarre dreams, only one part I can share ;)

I haven't smoked cigarettes in over 8 years, in my dream I started smoking them again. Not sure what that was all about. Probably stress related :rolleyes:

Anyways, since I couldn't land a load heading towards home, will be dead heading home from Nashville shortly for my long over due doctors appointment which I already rescheduled twice, and have some other stuff to take care of.

My extended trip down south was nice, but eventually, I need to just go home ;)

Reactions: jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stopped off by Indianapolis last night. Wasn't in a hurry so stayed the night.
Wasn't expecting my perfect driving conditions to turn into a snowy mess, wish I would of kept driving :rolleyes:
Tried to stay ahead of what was coming through, but finally got engulfed.
Went through some nice white out conditions before I got to Lansing MI.

I'll hang here for a few hours as it blows over, may just head out tomorrow to get home before the next wave comes through.

Welcome back to Michigan :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member
Wasn't expecting my perfect driving conditions to turn into a snowy mess, wish I would of kept driving :rolleyes:

I'll hang here for a few hours as it blows over, may just head out tomorrow to get home before the next wave comes through.

Driver, did you not take advantage of the Load One phone app weather feature????....lol..

Sorry to hear of that. As I was on my way down here to Florida, I was contemplating on heading northward after unloading and sleep. But I had 4 real nice load offers on my way down that changed my mind about leaving. I even had a sweet load offer today. I hope tomorrow is the magical day...I need another good week. Moving Moms things out of her apartment into my storage unit as she will no longer be able to live on her own. Strange how the assisted living care facility she is know in is the same building that her and Dad had their wedding reception at back in 1951. They rented the whole building for $95.00 for the day. Abd this place is huge. Massive.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Driver, did you not take advantage of the Load One phone app weather feature????....lol..

Sorry to hear of that. As I was on my way down here to Florida, I was contemplating on heading northward after unloading and sleep. But I had 4 real nice load offers on my way down that changed my mind about leaving. I even had a sweet load offer today. I hope tomorrow is the magical day...I need another good week. Moving Moms things out of her apartment into my storage unit as she will no longer be able to live on her own. Strange how the assisted living care facility she is know in is the same building that her and Dad had their wedding reception at back in 1951. They rented the whole building for $95.00 for the day. Abd this place is huge. Massive.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully though she can make friends and enjoy the social aspects of the new place.

Hope everyone is safe and sound this Monday morning.

guido4475

Not a Member

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully though she can make friends and enjoy the social aspects of the new place.

Hope everyone is safe and sound this Monday morning.

Thank you. Yes, she is liking it there, and has become quite popular....lol..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Made it home. Getting into my driveway was no problem. Pretty much nothing on the ground, although tomorrow may be a different story with the 3-6 inches of snow and ice forecasted :rolleyes:

Getting into my fenced yard was a bit more challenging. My main gate lock had a key broken off in it :eek:
Ok, that freaked me out. I'm selling the house, I'm tired of every time I come home there is some questionable thing that happened. I hate this neighborhood!

After I calmed down, I contacted my snow removal guy to see if maybe one of his guys tried to use the shed key to gain gate access. Short version, there was miscommunication with the guy, he shouldn't of attempted access (especially since he didn't have the right key) , in the biter cold the tip of the key did get broken off and was not reported. It's possible he didn't even know it happened, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I was just glad no one was trying to break in :rolleyes:

Quick trip at home, laundry, mail, odds & ends and then over to my local pilot for the night o_O
How nuts is that :D

Doctors appointment on Tuesday, then weather permitting, heading to the yard to take care of some stuff.

Cutting my home trip short, taxes will have to wait ;)
Off to another lack luster month, so need to keep at it, or at least try :treadmill:

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Vacuumed the van today. Replaced the oil drain funnel on the generator today. Staring at my 3 credit reports trying to figure out how my credit score was at an excellent level, and suddenly went down 144 points. I paid everything off 8 weeks ago. Thinking that is it? Frustrated with that.

Watched Denzel Washington in the movies "The Equalizer", both #1 and 2. Both excellent movies. Well worth buying.

Reactions: RoadTime