Governor Northam

Should Governor Northam be forgiven, since the picture was taken 35 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

muttly

Veteran Expediter
[QUlOTE="hapearce1, post: 853625, member: 24158"]
.....The left must be held to the same standards they demand.
If you payed any attention, you would see it is the left calling for him to resign.
This one is a no brainer for the left. He's a political liability. Not many of his allies are going to defend him on this. He can be replaced immediately with his Lt. Governor, who happens to be black and reportedly more extreme than he is. They think that is a win win for the Left.

But that’s not who the “people” elected. Should the Democrat Party run one person, then after they’re elected put in whoever they want? Why bother having elections then?

If you had selected a doctor to do surgery, and the hospital decided that you MUST have a different doctor because A- Pictures your doctor may or may not be in that was taken 35 years ago, and B- The doctor they want you to have is the right skin color.

Maybe, at some point, I hope that sinks in.[/QUOTE]
Generally agree. That's what's happening with Trump as well. People elected him President and now factions from the "intelligence community", Dems, and their cohorts in the news media are trying to overthrow the election with this Russia nonsense. Undermine a duly elected President at every turn.
The Dems want him gone because it looks bad and therefore might harm other Dems politically. They also want to keep hammering Trump, without evidence, of being a racist. Hard to do that if you support a guy who once donned a minstrel or hood.
There is some karma here though because it was Northam's campaign surrogates that pushed, without evidence, that his opponent Ed Gillespie was a racist. Northern never denounced the false ad.
Now I'm hearing a Fox News commentator say the republicans should come to Northam's aid because of the endless witch hunts. Finally take a stand against it by defending Northam.
I thought to myself that's an interesting take.:rolleyes:
Now Republicans are going to defend a guy who might have been in black face and the Dems will denounce him? How long would it take for Dems/ news media talking heads to "pounce" on the Republicans for doing so and say " That's what Republicans do. They support racists"? About two seconds.

Last edited:

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
This isn’t George Allen and the “maraca” moment, where he let his true colors fly, and the people get a chance to decide.

President Trump said it right, this should have been found during the election.

But now, the people have spoken. If Northam resigns, then it will rightfully go to the next in line. If he doesn’t, he’s the Governor.

What I don’t like is Mainstream Media choosing our leaders in a unelected way.

Reactions: muttly and davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Nobody said she didn't.

Come on Dave, i would have expected better from you of all people. :(
Left ya speechless, did I?
No not at all. It is a clear example of what the media decides to.pursue. That was the whole point.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is there anybody fit to run the state of VA??

Holy cow ... lol

I am!
I am prepared to step in and take charge.
I will restore the people's faith.
I will unite us and make Virginia a shining example of greatness for all to see.

As I prepare to take office, my team was in agreement to disclose that when I was in college, I did partake in a similar contest. There was no racial intent, nor should it be viewed as such. I'm confident that this will not be of any consequence.

Oh, Crap :eek:

breaking-news.png

Well, at least part of the story was true ;)

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The press conference last week was enough to tell everyone he's cracked.
He's finished ...

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The press conference last week was enough to tell everyone he's cracked.
He's finished ...

The longer this goes on, the more it looks like Northam will survive this, ESPECIALLY with the Lt Governor’s Ex Wife saying he beat her. He fell apart in his press confrère acting like it was a complete stranger, not acknowledging it was his Ex Wife, so he’s done. 3rd in line admitted to wearing Blackface, so he’s done.

It looks Northam will survive.

81E16518-AE40-428E-9556-D446773AFD72.jpeg

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
VA here. AS a Democrat, my first thought was that he should resign. Barring that, I hope he can overcome this and prove his worth.

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
F2A491AD-DBF9-415F-A212-AE3BB9083E29.jpeg

VA here. AS a Democrat, my first thought was that he should resign. Barring that, I hope he can overcome this and prove his worth.

Partisan politics aside, it was 30+ years ago.

Seriously, where’s the outrage against Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder?

Where’s the outrage against Sarah Silverman?

I don’t think Northam deserved this.

muttly

Veteran Expediter

Partisan politics aside, it was 30+ years ago.

Seriously, where’s the outrage against Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder?

Where’s the outrage against Sarah Silverman?

I don’t think Northam deserved this.
The other two are entertainers. Northam represents the commonwealth of Virginia and their residents. A leadership position.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The other two are entertainers. Northam represents the commonwealth of Virginia and their residents. A leadership position.

Wrong, Northam was a kid in school when that picture was taken, NOT the leader of Virginia.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't forget Eddie Murphy wearing whiteface in SNL's parody of John Howard Griffin's book. In my opinion one of SNL's best sketches.

I thought of Eddie Murphy as well. For this skit & on the flip side .. his stuff as James Brown & Mr Robinson's neighborhood.
Same thing goes for Dave Chapelle ...

chapelle.png

Comedy is dead!