January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got a call from the bank and was told that I need to sign some papers that they forgot about. They sent it to me on email and I thought I could sign it on the phone but couldn't. With needing that done and I've got something important in the mailbox sitting there, I've decided to go home and take care of a few things and get back at it Thursday or Friday or Monday depending on weather.

guido4475

Not a Member
2nd Pilot in a row that the fuel card will not work. This has been an ongoing problem for over 7 months now to no avail. Pilot blames the fuel card. The WEX fuel card blames Pilot. It is a sparratic thing, I never know when or where it will work. Here's what happens...

I swipe the fuel card and than the rewards card. Enter the info.

The pump says to see cashier.

Go inside.
Stand in the pathetically long line.

Leave the cards so they can turn the pump on.

Go back outside and pump.

Go back inside to stand in the pathetically long line again.

She swipes the cards.

They show declined. No sh*t.

Call dispatch and get a comcheck for that amount.

Wait 10 minutes for the Express code...

This whole procedure takes a minimum of 45 minutes. Always happens when I am in a hurry.

Is this just me, or does anyone else have this problem?

My attitude just went in the crapper. I was in high speed mode, but my get up and just got up and went.

Time for sleep. 432 left to go....

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
2nd Pilot in a row that the fuel card will not work. This has been an ongoing problem for over 7 months now to no avail. Pilot blames the fuel card. The WEX fuel card blames Pilot. It is a sparratic thing, I never know when or where it will work. Here's what happens...

Go inside.

She swipes the cards.

This whole procedure takes a minimum of 45 minutes. Always happens when I am in a hurry.

My attitude just went in the crapper. I was in high speed mode, but my get up and just got up and went.

Nope, all good on my end Just got done fueling at a Pilot and no problem. I think John not only needs to pour holy water on your phone but also on you, LOL.

I guess you could see if they could give you a new card and turn that one back end. Just thought of this, sometimes putting two cards together the magnet/strip on the back of the card will be defective.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only issue I've ever had is with getting a shower credit. If your card is old maybe time for a new one.

Speaking of Pilot...
Getting ready to leave for the shipper.
Even though I was looking at this for a while, it didn't strike me as a little odd until it was about to leave. Guess my coffee didn't kick in yet

IMG_4711.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only issue I've ever had is with getting a shower credit. If your card is old maybe time for a new one.

Speaking of Pilot...
Getting ready to leave for the shipper.
Even though I was looking at this for a while, it didn't strike me as a little odd until it was about to leave. Guess my coffee didn't kick in yet

View attachment 18415

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

What are those round things on the dash?

Reactions: DollarSign

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I haven't been to Food Lion since they were made famous on ABC News for washing the mold off old meat with bleach to kill the odor. That was back in like 1992

As for finding Walmarts, I still default to the Garmin for that but I've learned to also use Google Maps, type Walmart into the search, and it'll find all of them close to me.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty in Atlanta after my 4th load of the month. Technically 3rd, since I picked up the 1st load on New Year's Eve :rolleyes:

Very far cry from the great start last January. Having some repairs and PM work done this month hasn't helped the numbers look very good.

On the bright side, as of this moment, I'm now $93 on the positive side :D

image-15.jpeg

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah it is definitely more of a Jan 2017 than 2018. Get a good day and then one or two really soft ones. Soooo frustrating as ops is busting their A@@ and we are riding them hard but they can only do so much.
I just checked .... and My 2019 calendar has 12 months in it and this is January . ..

Whatever...

Reactions: DollarSign

guido4475

Not a Member

Go inside.

She swipes the cards.

Nope, all good on my end Just got done fueling at a Pilot and no problem. I think John not only needs to pour holy water on your phone but also on you, LOL.

I guess you could see if they could give you a new card and turn that one back end. Just thought of this, sometimes putting two cards together the magnet/strip on the back of the card will be defective.

At home. Very productive day so far. New style license came in the mail. New ATM card too. Getting new Bridgestones put on. Getting new fuel card in the near future. Had a great 2 weeks. Celebrating Moms birthday tomorrow.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got my 1st awarded load via robocall Thursday.

Considering I was like 5th or 6th, I was rather surprised when the phone rang a few minutes later confirming the load.
I guess no one else wanted it? The way my month has been going, I sure wasn't about to turn it down ;)

In this case, I can definitely see the benefit of getting the information out fast. It would have taken way to long to call up each driver. Not to mention I was near or at the bottom of the list.

Got loaded up, and headed to Walmart. No, not for shopping, (this time), it was my delivery location :D
I didn't know what I was delivering other then electronics. Turns out it was two of those self checkout machines.

Might be the end of my week, but can't say I'm not enjoying the temperature change :)

71O5yRHrkbL._SX679_.jpg

guido4475

Not a Member
That was quick.1st caller bought my 4 old van tires. 150 bucks, no squabble. The local construction guys eat these things up. I replace them prematurely so I get money out of them, and I keep new tires on the van. There is a huge difference in ride, these Bridgestones ride so much nicer than the Firestones. For 250 bucks more a set, they'd better. Going to Walmart to gets my drugs refilled, than hang out with Mom. I had my eye on this nurse named Helga last night. I bet she can put a hurtin on me...lol..Mom looks good.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent the night at the Walmart I delivered at. We don't normally get to see what becomes of what we deliver, let alone use it. I found it rather amusing that I got to use one of the new self checkout machines I delivered :D

Driving across Florida on 10, I got to see some of the damage and clean up going on from what ever hurricane did this.

Quite the mess :eek:

After finding out about the next snow storm coming through, I'm in no hurry to leave Florida ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I delivered one of those self checkout machines to a Walmart in Ohio. Then I got to see it installed. It wasn't a 24 hour Walmart, and they were closed when I arrived at 1am, but they were waiting for me. After pumping the installer with enough questions, he finally asked if I wanted to see the install. Takes about 3 hours, most of which involve programming the computer for the store's location. The installer team (3 of them) were from Ft. Worth, and they travel around the country installing these things.

I know some people, apparently a lot of people, really like self checkout. I hate, hate hate it.

Not only are self checkouts taking a job away from somebody, but they're giving that job to me, and making me do the job for free. When I go to Walmart, or Kroger, or that Pilot in Lebanon, TN, I go there to buy stuff, not to work.

I went to my local Kroger at home one time about 2 in the morning and ir was self checkout only. I complained and the manager checked me out. But I said it might be different if I got 10% off for self checkout. He said self checkout enables them to keep prices low.

I said, "Yeah, on the back of my free labor. I'm literally donating my time and labor so Kroger can keep prices low. Why would I do that?"
He said, "When you put it that way, I don't know."

So, yeah, not a fan of self checkout. Those who like it, more power to ya.

guido4475

Not a Member
I completely agree. But those self serve checkouts in a Pilot can be such a blessing versus standing in line forever especially when I am in high speed mode.

Reactions: RoadTime