The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Setting up backchannels with other countries, friend and foe, isn't even unusual.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
This obsession about Kushner from the media is soooh boring.

I suspect there are many things the conveniently uncurious find "soooh boring" ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Instead of the McCarthyism going on. #DemsseeREDeverywhereandallthetime. Lol
Come on mutt, this isnt anywhere close to being on the same scale of what McCarthy did.
It's worse. You don't just have one Senator making allegations about Russia.
Today you have many hysterical Dems in Congress buying into the Trump Campaign collusion hook, line, and sinker.
See Adam Schiff and Maxine Waters.
There are also many in the news media that are complicit with pushing this phony narrative. Just watch CNN anytime of the day. You also have a SP with mostly Hillary supporters investigating theTrump Campaign collusion. With almost 2 years of investigations, no evidence of collusion with Trump has been presented. The SP doesn't really believe that there still is Trump collusion. They are merely a campaign opposition research operation at this point, just digging for dirt to take out Trump.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Setting up backchannels with other countries, friend and foe, isn't even unusual.
Most likely done with previous Administrations coming in.
At least every president-elect since JFK that we know of for sure, and probably going back a lot further than that. It's practically protocol for presidents, and the incoming president will have at least some get-acquainted talks with foreign governments, to lay the foundation for the backchannels and to establish the communications. Those backchannels add stability and predictability in foreign relations.

It's just about as OMG! Chicken Little as is the massively huge ginormous white lie of "I'm sorry, he can't speak with you right now. He's in a meeting," when he really just doesn't want to talk to them. <snort>

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I suspect there are many things the conveniently uncurious find "soooh boring" ...

Come on mutt, this isnt anywhere close to being on the same scale of what McCarthy did.
Today you have many hysterical Dems in Congress buying into the Trump Campaign collusion hook, line, and sinker.
There are also many in the news media that are complicit with pushing this phony narrative. Just watch CNN anytime of the day. You also have a SP with mostly Hillary supporters investigating theTrump Campaign collusion. With almost 2 years of investigations, no evidence of collusion with Trump has been presented. The SP doesn't really believe that there still is Trump collusion. They are merely a campaign opposition research operation at this point, just digging for dirt to take out Trump.
Nope, not even close...... Uncle Joe destroyed lives.... what is going on is just a minor irritant to those involved.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Nope, not even close...... Uncle Joe destroyed lives.... what is going on is just a minor irritant to those involved.
Wonder if General Flynn thinks It's a minor irritant.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump signs proclamation for the trade tariffs.

Jeff Flake immediately announces he will introduce legislation to nullify the tariffs, because.... armageddon .... again.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Lawfare and The Brookings Institute, staunch defenders of the Swamp's Waterline.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

It isn't on the same scale, nor is it of the same character ... at least in terms of what has been done by those who have the ability (Executive Branch) to bring real consequences under the law.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
With all the conspiracy theories that the Trump Campaign colluded with the Russians to influence the election, (before the election) they STILL needed to set up a backchannel after the election.
Interesting.

But BEFORE they had assumed power and were actually in office.

Incomplete data sets = skewed narratives.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

But ones that are specifically designed and intended to circumvent the US Intelligence Community might be ...

Incomplete data sets = a skewed narrative.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
We'll start with this one first ... since your preceding thoughts seem to have been predicted on it:

With almost 2 years of investigations, no evidence of collusion with Trump has been presented.
Technically true ... at least in terms of the FBI (2 years) and Special Counsel (less than a year) ... but then prosecutors don't generally present evidence until they are ready to charge.

They also don't operate on Muttly's preferred time table.

Also the investigation was not solely about the matter that seems to concern you most.

But to the bigger question there seems to be a failure to differentiate between direct and circumstantial evidence.

Under the rule of law and in a court, circumstantial evidence is a valid thang.

And there's a pile of circumstantial evidence out there.

Awww ... that's just horrid.

Benghazi ?

There are also many in the news media that are complicit with pushing this phony narrative. Just watch CNN anytime of the day.
Phony is your opinion ... and you are entitled to it ... just like those who don't share it are entitled to theirs.

You also have a SP with mostly Hillary supporters investigating theTrump Campaign collusion.
Again that's just so sad ... BTW - who controlled the Benghazi hearings ?

The SP doesn't really believe that there still is Trump collusion.
You have that on "deep background" do ya ... or was it a public statement, on the record ?

They are merely a campaign opposition research operation at this point, just digging for dirt to take out Trump.
Like the Benghazi Hearings were ?

Email-gate ?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

But ones that are specifically designed and intended to circumvent the US Intelligence Community might be ...
<insert photo of VIncent Laguardia Gambini here>

I'm not aware of any statute outside of a court order that gives the IC the right to the contents of conversations of US citizens, even if those conversations are with foreign nationals.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Wonder if General Flynn thinks It's a minor irritant.

Probably not ... but then he did plead guilty to a felony and offered remorse for his illegal conduct.

And WHO KNOWS what he wasn't charged with that he possibly could have been ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Under the rule of law and in a court, circumstantial evidence is a valid thang.

And there's a pile of circumstantial evidence out there.
No there isn't. There are one thousand and one plausible explanations for everthang. <giggle>

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
<insert photo of VIncent Laguardia Gambini here>

I'm not aware of any statute outside of a court order that gives the IC the right to the contents of conversations of US citizens, even if those conversations are with foreign nationals.

Ok ... you're not aware.

Got it ...

See FISA, Section 702 ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No there isn't. There are one thousand and one plausible explanations for everthang. <giggle>

Try again ... assuming you can compose yourself long enough from all the tittering ...

Circumstantial evidence - Google Search

I know what circumstantial evidence is, thanks. I also know what a reasonable inference is. The thing lacking in the "pile" is the reasonable inference. Assumptions and wild, wishful leaps are not the same as reasonable inference.