The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Un-indicted co-conspirator" works for me ... how about you ?
What works for me is the unimpassioned truth, and not trying to criminalize political disagreements. The partisan call of "Lock her up!" and "Lock him up!" are equally retarded.

If Trump or someone else in his posse committed any crimes, they need to answer for them. If Hillary committed any crimes, she needs to answer for them. If anyone in Obama's Intelligence, FBI or DOJ committed any crimes, they need to answer for them.

Reactions: Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
What works for me is the unimpassioned truth, and not trying to criminalize political disagreements. The partisan call of "Lock her up!" and "Lock him up!" are equally retarded.

If Trump or someone else in his posse committed any crimes, they need to answer for them. If Hillary committed any crimes, she needs to answer for them. If anyone in Obama's Intelligence, FBI or DOJ committed any crimes, they need to answer for them.

Works for me as well ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anybody wanna know what is involved in getting a FISA warrant granted ... or, alternatively:

What all would be involved in subverting the process to obtain one corruptly/illegally ?

Well, you're in luck ... here's a quick little primer by someone who's done it (the former, not the latter ... which is apparently nearly impossible):

Five Questions the Nunes Memo Better Answer
Yeah, I've read that article, and several like it, that go to great lengths to explain how it's darned near impossible to do something nefarious when dealing with a secret federal court in a non-adversarial manner that has virtually no accountability and even less transparency. <snort>

I've also read articles that point to things like, in 2013 the FBI and DOJ made 1,588 requests to the FISC for authority to conduct electronic surveillance, 100 percent of which were granted, and only 34 were modified by the court in some way before being granted, which points to the FISC being a rubber stamp.

People counter those with the reason the FISA court rejects so few requests is that the US Government is just that good at their job, and would never approach a FISC judge without having all their ducks in a row, as it would be embarrassing to have an application rejected by the Court (oh, you don't want to be that guy), plus the government's motives are and always have been right and just and pure as the driven snow.

Remember a few years ago when Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Mark Udall (D-Colo.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), and Al Franken (D-Min.) all called for the FISA court to please consider releasing portions of its opinions to the public by "writing summaries of its significant interpretations of the law in a manner that separates the classified facts of the application under review from the legal analysis, so as to enable declassification."?

The presiding judge of the FISA court denied the request, saying that they can't release even summaries of the court’s opinions to the public, because the legal analysis in most opinions is “inextricably intertwined” with classified information. So, oversight or not, you'll just have to trust us, I guess.

Over the last few months we've seen witnesses before the very Congressional committees who directly oversee the Intelligence and Justice departments rebuff, evade or outright refuse to answer questions put to then by the members of those committees regarding FISA process and applications.

I don't think the FISA Court is a rubber stamp, nor do I think it's virtually impossible to manipulate it for political purposes. I also don't think it requires a gajillion participants in a conspiracy, one of which must necessarily include a FISA judge, for there to be a conspiracy. History has shown us that all it takes is about half a dozen, and even that's too many to keep it from getting out.

On a related note, other than Comey's Clinton email lalapalooza, when was the last time you saw the FBI issue a statement of any kind regarding one of it's investigations? Never. But they're all up in it over this super sekrit memo, which is derived from information Congress got from the FBI, information which the FBI fought for months to keep from giving to the committee that overseas the FBI. If the information in the memo is a load of crap, the FBI can simply dismiss it as a load of crap. But instead they're crapping their pants over it, because they know it's not a load of crap. They're so desperate to keep the memo from being released that they sent five, count 'em, FIVE, high ranking FBI officials to the White House to try and convince the man who has sole plenary power to declassify and release whatever he wants, to not do that. Even one or two is pushing it, but sending five comes close to at least the appearance of trying to intimidate the President of the United States.

There are half a dozen or more high ranking individuals at the DOJ and FBI who have been fired, reassigned, demoted or quit since it got out that the FBI began a counterintelligence investigation into a presidential candidate in June of 2016. That's an extraordinarily high number under any circumstances. That's enough smoke that it certainly should be looked at.

But, hey, I'm just flappin' my fingerlips. I believe everything the government tells me.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just a few toons that I think are pretty good...

DU9M66TV4AEOKgr.jpg

sbr013118dAPR%20%281%29.jpg

gm_c180131%20%282%29.jpg

139_205842%20%281%29.jpg

stg013018_color.jpg

gv012818dAPR.jpg

lk013018dAPR.jpg

sbr013018dAPR.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
James Comey feeling the heat, so he threw down a tweet.
Oh, and the irony of it after over a year of the media and mostly Dems in Congress parroting each other in McCarthyite fashion about this Trump-Russia thing.

LIMG_20180201_190212.jpg

Reactions: davekc

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Weeeell, now we know why the Dems, the FBI and others were pissin' their pants over this memo.

The Schiff just hit the fan.
After listening on Fox for a while, decided to lighten the mood on the comedy channel (CNN) to hear how they were spinning it.

Ahh, Wolf didn't let me done. Being more concerned that the republican memo came out before the democratic memo, and not at the same time, then what was actually in the memo

Some crazed dems spouting ridiculous things, and just sounding stupid, made for a enjoyable drive

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: davekc and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Thinking out loud:
So why again is there a SP investigation looking at a Russian-Trump collusion?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's a little coinkydink.
Every major news outlet, plus many non-profits and organizations like Judicial Watch, have put in FOIA requests for the Comey Memos. Those are the memos that Comey felt compelled to compose to immortalize his one-on-one conversations with the President (one-on-one conversation that were initiated by Comey, by the way, but that always seems to get lost in the reporting).

On Friday, the same day that the House Republicans released their super sekrit memo, you know, the one that exposed a cornucopia of intelligence sources and methods and has put the entire nation's safety and security at risk, U.S. District Judge James Boasberg ruled that the memos must remain secret and kept away from the public, and the only safe place for them to be is in the hands of Robert Mueller because... ongoing investigation.

U.S. District Judge James Boasberg is, incidentally, a FISA Court judge.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It will be interesting if more text messages are made public and what they'll show.
We'll never get to the bottom of this, because at the bottom is Obama.
I think there’s more to as this is only the tip of the iceberg of the old boys club...” got your back” covered gang ...what will be the result?
Some firings some resignations ... will anyone in the top tier ever be charged? I think not... maybe a couple low level admin types will take one for the gipper.
So far they estimate $300 million spent of money we don’t have...and no end in sight... of course IMO

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It will be interesting if more text messages are made public and what they'll show.
We'll never get to the bottom of this, because at the bottom is Obama.
I think there’s more to as this is only the tip of the iceberg of the old boys club...” got your back” covered gang ...what will be the result?
Some firings some resignations ... will anyone in the top tier ever be charged? I think not... maybe a couple low level admin types will take one for the gipper.
So far they estimate $300 million spent of money we don’t have...and no end in sight... of course IMO
Cause enough problems in many areas, hit and run, its called the Art of War, Note, many businesses use those tactics now as well as many governments as did the NVA in Vietnam,,,,it works very well and you can get away with many victories...unfortunate for the honest guy who doesn't have a chance--Joe Public? thats us. imho

Last edited:
Reactions: OntarioVanMan