1c48300a7b59d7e65c561bcdc56bb5d5.jpg

Just about spit up my meal ..lol

another day .. another pond

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The great inventor...almost?

Yesterday I was thinking

How could I easily make fresh brewed coffee in the van without using a electric coffee maker. Since hot water is already available at truck stops, I tried manually pouring hot water into the grounds using my coffee maker (while at home) to try out the idea. It worked somewhat, but was a mess, tedious, and caused coffee grounds to come through.

Made me think of ways to make it work better.

But before I wasted any time into this project, did a little searching.
Apparently, pour over coffee makers have been around for a long time.
Direct pouring was more then I wanted to do. So kept searching for a simpler way to avoid direct pouring.

I think I found a solution that checks all the right boxes.
For $15.99 on Amazon I'm going to give it a try

OXO Good Grips Pour Over Coffee Dripper with Auto-Drip Water Tank

81aa80b298e470e0c01f464513554447.jpg

Funny, I would have never guest that such a thing was already invented lol.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Or maybe try a single serve french press ....
Just a thought ....

french press.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a thought ....

Grizz, have you ever used a French Press? I have considered it but never tried one. Just wondering how well one works and how messy. When I'm not close to fresh brewed coffee I boil water and use Folgers coffee bags. Folgers coffee bags are like tea bags only spelled different and different ingredients.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a thought ....
Grizz, have you ever used a French Press? I have considered it but never tried one. Just wondering how well one works and how messy. When I'm not close to fresh brewed coffee I boil water and use Folgers coffee bags. Folgers coffee bags are like tea bags only spelled different and different ingredients.

We have one at home. Larger than this little 1-cup that's pictured. It probably makes about 4 cups. Yeah, we like it. It's not messy at all ... easy. The coffee can generally be stronger with a french press, so ya gotta play around with the ratio of coffee to water.

Good for home use .... van application? ... I guess so. Gotta deal with cleaning up coffee grounds ...

Perhaps Roadtime can use the left over grounds as a facial mask in the shower ... :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got a load offer yesterday (Sunday) for an evening pickup. Having dealt with this customer several times in the past month involving different shippers and different consignees, the last load resulting in the police being called. I thought it prudent to question the pickup time and date and get a $100 bonus. I arrived at the shipper to find the place locked up. It only took dispatch 20 minutes to confirm the pickup date was wrong, only 24 hours off. I was given the option of being taken off the load or getting $75 layover and coming back tonight (Monday). I opted for the later.

This morning I got a call from dispatch asking if I could make the pickup within the next hour. I said sure and was told they would call me when the pickup time was confirmed. 4 hours later dispatch called asking if I made the pickup. WTF! If I had made the pickup, dispatch would be the second to know, right after me. Isn't that what Qualcomms are for? After some stupid conversation she told me the load canceled. I got dry run pay and promptly went OOS.

It's only Monday and I've exceeded my quota of stupidity for the week. I'm done until after Christmas. Historically when I have remained in service the week between Christmas and New Years I have done well, stating my price and getting it. Still, I may hang it up until next year.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Y'all know you can buy coffee at truck stops, already brewed.?
You are correct! I checked with Snopes. I do the Folgers bags and thinking French Press for those Walmart times and after nights spent at the consignees dock for a morning delivery. I've got a 16 hour clock that I have to be mindful of starting.

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I don't drink coffee anymore (decaf once a quarter doesn't count), and even I know that is not good quality coffee at truck stops.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
Blasphemy! I love PFJ coffee. I hate Starbucks too. Dunkin is one of my favorites. Hate to agree with OVM, but, Tim H also makes a good brew. I can do anywhere from 24oz to 48 oz every AM.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app