Ho Ho Whooo its December!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The current omnitracs do not support Bluetooth. They are looking at that ability for future or wifi to allow the phones to use our data plan possibly. In my talks with them a lot of security issues with it and the whole connected trucks and that, they are concerned about. The satellites have always been very “closed” architecture.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The current omnitracs do not support Bluetooth. They are looking at that ability for future or wifi to allow the phones to use our data plan possibly. In my talks with them a lot of security issues with it and the whole connected trucks and that, they are concerned about. The satellites have always been very “closed” architecture.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums
Just curious. I can link my phone to my GPS via Bluetooth to get calls. Linking a phone to the QC seemed like a good thing.

From a Recliner somewhere in Ohio

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't overthink it. It's giving us the information we care about and that we can use.

It's showing the current status of all of the trucks in your truck class (in your case, cargo vans, Sprinters, Sprinter-esque types) that are available for loads. The little blue icons are Load One trucks, be the orange trucks are the Sylectus trucks. Show/hide either type by tapping the icon on the left of the screen.

It happens.

No. Only for vehicles in your truck class. Booked and missed loads for vehicles other than my type is information I couldn't care less about, because it's useless to me. Like I said, information we want, and can use.

Thanks for the info. Makes a lot more sense now. So now I love it!

879b44483a895bdb013c149d40c15588.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How long are the missed/booked loads on there before updating?
Question being am I'm looking at recent daily activity or from days/weeks ago.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How long are the missed/booked loads on there before updating?
Question being am I'm looking at recent daily activity or from days/weeks ago.
I'm not sure, but I think it's real time. I'll try and find out what the exact time on it is. But, I've gotten a call on a few loads that we didn't get, and they were showing up as red pushpins on the map immediately. Same with loads we got. You can get a load out of some town where no other loads have come out, and as soon as you get the information over the phone, go look at the loadmap, Last 2 Days, and there it is.

So, if you're looking at the Last 2 days worth of activity, it'll be the last 2 days up through the last time the app was refreshed (you can swipe down on most screens to refresh). I'll find out, but I have a feeling the "last 2 days" means the previous 48 hours as of right now. A load from 49 hours ago won't show up on the 2 Days filter. Again, I'm guessing, based on how it seems to work, but unless John knows for sure, I'll try and find out.

I should add to a previous post for clarity, any trucks that are dispatched on a load, or are OOS, will not show up on the map.

Also, no matter what time frame you're filtering (2 days, 14 Days, 30 Days, a specific day), the trucks showing on the map are current in real time.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There's an instructional PDF complete with screencaps, but I guess it's still in beta. :D

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well I'm oos til Monday. Going to a Christmas dinner which is at noon i think with family Saturday. If I can get the van restock before I leave for the dinner, I might get back in service Saturday at noon.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got the van out of the shop. Nothing found wrong. Guess I over reacted this time to a new noise :rolleyes:
With all the repairs the last 2 months, I guess I'm just expecting the worse ;)

Back at it on Monday, unless I need a good sleep and go back in the van. I thought it was the bed in my last motel stay that I couldn't get longer then 5hrs of sleep. But now at home having the same issue. I think I've been sleeping in the van too much this year :D

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I think we need to give John Elliott a big round of applause for investing in this technology. We are now the most technological advanced expedite carrier and possibly the most advanced of all carriers. Best Fleet to Drive For should be a lock this year.
Thank you Mr Elliott.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ahhh, never mind I just figured it out lol.

I wish it came with instruction :D

This App is becoming more powerful by the second :clapping-happy:

The email I sent you had the pdf explanation link and the video walk through link?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think we need to give John Elliott a big round of applause for investing in this technology. We are now the most technological advanced expedite carrier and possibly the most advanced of all carriers. Best Fleet to Drive For should be a lock this year.
Thank you Mr Elliott.

Well my hope is that it is an investment that pays off for everyone! We have to keep differentiating every way we can!!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I actually didn't pay any attention to the link in the PM I got. I just thought it was a link to download the app.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Nope. I sent the message to everyone on here. Should have had the literature and a little walk through video link as well. Was hoping to try and make it a bit easier.

Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Thank you Mr Elliott.

Jim, that's what I've said from the beginning! Anyone here doesn't see or can't understand what they got here at Load One is crazy. Load One is by far the best expedite company period and this just proves it again! I couldn't agree with you more!