Ho Ho Whooo its December!

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
ELD mandate begins today.
Now everyone has to play by the rules.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app
Turned down a hazmat load today because it would have required placards and logging since it was over 1001lbs. My concern was that I drive a van and would have to log paper since I do not have an ELD onboard. Anyone know if using paper logs is still acceptable for under 10k gvwr vehicles when carrying placarded hazmat? Or, should I just plan on not doing any more of these types of loads?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
ELD mandate begins today.
Now everyone has to play by the rules.

Turned down a hazmat load today because it would have required placards and logging since it was over 1001lbs. My concern was that I drive a van and would have to log paper since I do not have an ELD onboard. Anyone know if using paper logs is still acceptable for under 10k gvwr vehicles when carrying placarded hazmat? Or, should I just plan on not doing any more of these types of loads?
I would think you would still use paper logs. Theres been nothing mention about us going to that. That's for trucks over the 10k or over 26k. You should have called and ask safety.

Reactions: GuyUpNorth

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Talk to Safety but I think we just turn your e logs on.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: GuyUpNorth

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I heard a driver complaining about his new ELD this morning. He was mad because he had to sit for 30 minutes yesterday to do his mandated rest break. He was saying he always logged one but never actually did it. Complaining that it's going to cost him at least $50 a day in lost revenue.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Amazing how many are complaining that they now have to follow the rules....

I love the fact that the playing field is being leveled. It will be a good thing for quality carriers as they will not be forced to compete nearly with those carriers who did not run legally or were compliant. Insurance is still a big issue but at least one more part is being leveled. It should increase rates and that is good for carriers, owner operators and drivers!

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How long before a completed load pay gets added? I see a deduction posted pretty fast

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
I would like to be able to use the Pay screen the same way as Fleetvision, where we can view any pay period by date. But the way it currently works is, until Admin closes out Payroll (around noon on Wednesday), we're looking at loads for the week ending the previous Sunday. Once Payroll gets closed for the previous week, we then see the loads we've done starting Monday of this week.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got in service this morning! Been checking out the new App.

What do you think so far?
Tell me your thoughts, on the 2 day, 14 day ect, would like to see a 5 day, 7 day, 10 day in the middle. My thinking there's to much of a spread. Just a thought.

I've also notice that Sprinters are hanging around where loads have been booked and missed. It's also going to spread out units/drivers. Cant wait to see what happens when i get to a new destination.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
House Tax Bill Passes!!!! By April 15th the old Tax Bill will be gone. We will see Jan 1st things will start to change!

Reactions: jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tell me your thoughts, on the 2 day, 14 day ect, would like to see a 5 day, 7 day, 10 day in the middle. My thinking there's to much of a spread. Just a thought.

I've also notice that Sprinters are hanging around where loads have been booked and missed. It's also going to spread out units/drivers. Cant wait to see what happens when i get to a new destination.
You can pick individual days from the last week. Don't know if that includes everything going forward from that point or not. At least you can narrow it down more. Personally I'd like to see a last 24hrs selection

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

You can pick individual days from the last week. Don't know if that includes everything going forward from that point or not. At least you can narrow it down more. Personally I'd like to see a last 24hrs selection

True, I guess from my stand point, instead of picking dates I would just to click say 5 day, 7 day ect. It maybe the same. I can see where the individual dates would be better than the average 5 to 7 Day Etc.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I personally don't really see the benefit of seeing how many loads were booked on, say, last Thursday, but I'm sure that could be important information for certain areas for Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. I guess. Depending on the area, I might look to see how many loads were booked last Friday or Saturday.

The difference in load counts between 5 days and 7 days is going to be uber minimal, certainly not enough to affect a major decision on where to relocate (especially since the 7 days will necessarily include a weekend). Same is be true for 10 days and 14 days (2 weeks). So for me, 10 or 14 days, I'm fine with either of those.

I'm fine with just the 2-Day and the 30-Day options. Those are the two I use most often. 2 days show me where freight is recently hot, and 30 days shows me the longer term trends. If you're in the middle of California, or in Buttcrack, Iowa, it's the 15-Day and the 30-Day data that will be more helpful in where to relocate than the 2-Day will be. If you're in Michigan, the 2-Day might be more valuable.

I would like to see...
Last 24 hours (1-Day)
Last 48 hours (2-Days)
7 Days
14 Days
30 Days

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Not sure their is a right or wrong answer. Everyone views the data differently. I think same day last week is valuable. A lot of cities especially border cities it can give a much clearer picture.

And this afternoon we added messaging and the ability to pick a spot on the map and basically do a macro 19 by touch!

On Load maps I wonder if moving loads brokered from missed opportunities to the booked map would make better sense....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums