Now Texas, another shooting- in a church

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
At least 26 killed in mass shooting at Texas church

The shooter is dead. He has been officially identified as Devon Patrick Kelly, a former US Air Force enlisted man and Sunday school teacher.

The shooter walked into the church in Southerland Springs Texas at 11:45 am Sunday morning. Churchgoers knew the shooter who carried automatic weapons.

The shooter is dead. He has been officially identified as Devon Patrick Kelly, but Mustachio Tweeted: "#texaschurchshooting shooter is 29 year old US Airman turned Muslim convert, Samir Al-Hajeed. His manifesto is making its rounds on the web."

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He has been officially identified as Devon Patrick Kelly, but Mustachio Tweeted: "#texaschurchshooting shooter is 29 year old US Airman turned Muslim convert, Samir Al-Hajeed. His manifesto is making its rounds on the web."
Care to share where this came from. I can not find any reference to the shooter being a muslim convert on any news site.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If there had been more guns the outcome may have been much different. Guns are not the problem. People are the problem.
Yep, more guns will fix it!!!

Care to explain how this actually works rather than theoretically? More people with more guns shooting each other. Wild West! We don't live in a civil society ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It works if one or more of the congregants are armed and resolve the problem much more quickly. In some churches that would be the outcome. Apparently in this one nobody was prepared for evil to enter their midst.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
He has been officially identified as Devon Patrick Kelly, but Mustachio Tweeted: "#texaschurchshooting shooter is 29 year old US Airman turned Muslim convert, Samir Al-Hajeed. His manifesto is making its rounds on the web."
Care to share where this came from. I can not find any reference to the shooter being a muslim convert on any news site.
Twitter crackpot.

The same Samir Al-Hajeed was also the Vegas shooter. He's a very busy Irish Catholic former Marine Islamic convert.

mrswornout

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
If there had been more guns the outcome may have been much different. Guns are not the problem. People are the problem.
Yes, but there needs to be Control. Get rid of this open purchasing policy. No one should be able to buy without a back round check. No one is safe to go anywhere anymore. Why are we giving the NRA so mush power? Politicians get your heads out of the sand!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Twitter crackpot.

The same Samir Al-Hajeed was also the Vegas shooter. He's a very busy Irish Catholic former Marine Islamic convert.
Twitter crackpot.

Funny, the one my cousin posted said that he is a documented member of ANTIFA. Talk about leading a double life

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Ah, got cha.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thoughts on the next statement: Guns are too dangerous to be handled by modern society anymore.

Blame it on video games, music, opioids, Marilyn Manson, whatever you want .... we're not responsible enough for the public at large to have access to firearms. Maybe we were .. but not anymore.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, but there needs to be Control. Get rid of this open purchasing policy. No one should be able to buy without a back round check. No one is safe to go anywhere anymore. Why are we giving the NRA so mush power? Politicians get your heads out of the sand!

I'm afraid it is your head that is in the sand. You've bought the lies of the left hook, line and sinker. There is plenty of control, over 26,000 gun laws on the books. There is no open purchasing policy. Where did that even come from? Your air must be different than mine for you to pull that out of it. People are safer now than in most of history for the most part. Nobody has given the NRA any power. They have no power, just the right to speak freely. As far as background checks, they are run every time on every sale unless the person has been vetted by the FBI and is exempt which applies to CHL holders who have passed an even more involved FBI background check.

Reactions: ntimevan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It isn't that we aren't responsible enough, it's that the left with their everyone is a victim policies and participation trophies for everyone has eliminated responsibility. Distinctly different. And not the fault of any inanimate objects. Stop blaming objects and start blaming guilty parties.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, give your selves more guns! The more the merrier

I am sure most or those in the church were gun lovers and probably trump voters..

Send them more guns..please NRA

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I'm afraid it is your head that is in the sand...... There is no open purchasing policy.
Come on already, Leo.

I can walk into any gun shop around, and with a flick of my master card, walk out in minutes armed and ready to kill.

Background checks my a$$.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, you can't and if you were to try it you'd find out. You'll fill out a fairly lengthy form, #4473, and they'll do the background check. If all goes well it will only take a few minutes on the phone with the FBI and you'll be approved. Depending on location there may or may not be a waiting period of up to ten days before you can take it home. I will concede they probably won't examine any of your anatomy, so you might be correct on that one tiny part, but otherwise you are wrong. Which is your privilege and I fully support your right to be wrong.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on already, Leo.
I can walk into any gun shop around, and with a flick of my master card, walk out in minutes armed and ready to kill.

Background checks my a$$.
I can walk into any Home Depot and with a flick of my Visa Card and a valid driver's license, dive out in minutes, gassed up and ready to kill.