The Hunt for Roadbed October

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Finally got back In service today. Got a load that I was going to be early for the pickup and decided to get something to eat first. Well wasn't long after eating the load cancelled, "dry run". Just got another call, now have to wait and see.

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally got back In service today. Got a load that I was going to be early for the pickup and decided to get something to eat first. Well wasn't long after eating the load cancelled, "dry run". Just got another call, now have to wait and see.
Ready, Set,...Wait.

Been waiting in limbo for load information for 2 1/2 hrs.

Think I'll make something to eat

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Once the air expedite plane lands, I'm picking one up later tonight at the Tulsa airport, and then taking it to the other side of the airport It's about 4 miles. The rate per mile is, uhm, yeah, it's pretty good. Thanks Ex Pee Oh!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I arrived at receiver very early this AM by Milwaukee it was 31F.
That was a wee bit cooler then Alabama lol. So thankful, with a push of a button (Espar), and permanent bed, it was off to nap time.

After napping some more at Walmart, went back in service, and now booked for return trip to yard then home. Angie has my BestPass waiting for me, will be so glad to finally get it.

So nice when things fall into place

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Love the plane!!!!
Yeah, it's pretty gnarly. Priority Air Charter out of Kidron, OH (between Massillon and Wooster). They have three of those PC-12 planes, each can hold about 2500 pounds (depending on length of the flight), as well as three of the Cessna 208B Grand Caravans, each can hold 3200 pounds and up to 3 skids. The PC-12s are 300MPH and pressurized, while the Cessnas are 184 MPH and not pressurized. But basically, take a Sprinter and add wings, a tail, and a propeller up front, and you have either one of those planes (speed being the only real difference).

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
edb7fd9984d946fd650f8c1f01b927ef.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bad day at the office today. Catastrophic transmission failure on Promaster 3500. At the dealer in Arlington, Il waiting on a plan of action. Man, no warning whatsoever. Driving down the road, heard a whirring sound, check engine light came on and started dropping out of gear. Immediately pulled over and had it towed. Definately have had better days.

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
$5000 in repairs and at least 7 days out of service. Man, I will have to live on the road after this. On the bright side, plenty of expenses to write off this year.

Reactions: DollarSign

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hate to see that. How many miles on the van? How often do you get the transmission fluid change? On a Sprinter, I think a MB transmission is $7500 or $8000. Can't remember if that's installed or just the transmission.

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
135,000 miles is all. I get the tranny serviced every 60,000 miles. Really caught me off guard. It has been running like a champ until today.