No .. it's August .. Locations & More

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
so weather.com is saying 20" more rain for Baytown area thru Wednesday....whats your condition there...real time report...?
We are not experiencing any problem. It rains, then stops, sometimes hard, sometimes not. We got a room at Baymont here in Baytowen. Kroger was open down the street so we have food. Gas tank filled before prices rise. Can't get into Houston with delivery. I am sure that Harvey is s disaster and I feel bad for those suffering losses and worse, but, this is no Katrina, although the press will report it as such.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Glad to hear you're safe!

I don't think the press is misreporting Harvey .. it's pretty bad in some spots. Who knows ... you might be taking that load home with you. Your delivery location might be underwater ..

20" is a bunch of water & things change quickly when the sewers backup. Hope you make it through the entire event safely.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sounds like an adventure you didn't really want. Hope your van will be okay but once water gets into your exhaust pipe I have a feeling you're going to need some repairs down the road.

Reactions: billg27

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well ... doing the DH dance to pickup load ... then head north to the land of ....... . .... Snow & Salsa i guess ...

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Would that be South Dakota? lol
Loaded ... Strafford , Mo.. to Pembina , ND ...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well ... doing the DH dance to pickup load ... then head north to the land of ....... . .... Snow & Salsa i guess ...

MCI Bus?
Is there anything else in Pembina other than MCI and Gastrak?

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Left El Paso after 4 days, did a bit of site seeing, White Sands, NM...now in Roswell. Staying the night and will check out a few alien type places in the morning and then keep heading towards Tulsa. If we are lucky we will catch an oddball whale of some sort along the way.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Left El Paso after 4 days, did a bit of site seeing, White Sands, NM...now in Roswell. Staying the night and will check out a few alien type places in the morning and then keep heading towards Tulsa. If we are lucky we will catch an oddball whale of some sort along the way.

So basically only 2 days? You count weekend? And you know the border is closed on weekends? Just saying...
El Paso The busiest, is the only bridge in between Mexico and Texas that does not charge a toll. It is a "Class A" service port with a full range of cargo processing functions, and it is open for passenger vehicle traffic 24/7. It is open for commercial truck inspections 6:00 AM–6:00 PM Weekdays, 6:00 AM–2:00 PM Saturdays.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

MCI Bus?
Is there anything else in Pembina other than MCI and Gastrak?
Apparently there is a crossdock... lol

Reactions: ntimevan

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flying j in London ONT
Offloaded a Springfield MO to Huron Park laat night

After 2 months off due to health issue I drivin company transit for 35% everything paid compared to 70%

I actually think I may be making the same or more in the end at least I see myself getting ahead
Néed to earn a good re start reserve fund and bring that sprinter back on road

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see WOM is around....any real time news.....the west side of Houston is getting worse yet....thats where Leo lives...southwest side...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leo...hope you are high and dry down there....you appear to be in the middle of the Levee problem area....