It's August & Time To Get Rollin

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning. Another day and already getting ready to land on first flight of the day. Couples days mini vacation. Surprising my one buddy who is on vacation. He has ALS and is deteriorating sadly much quicker than we all expected. Going to surprise him and show up for a few days. Kind of a last hurrah. Then from there off to the truck show in Dallas.

Hope to see some of you at GATS if you are in the area or passing through!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Man, my pickup time was 9am. I show up at 8:30am which is late for me. I get in and they tell me we are calling and working on it. 15 mins later at 8:45am they tell me you weren't suppose to be here til 9am. It's 9:35am and still nothing SMH. LOL

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ones that like to turn the engine off while driving :rolleyes:
Shoot, that can have many causes. When mine did that it ended up being one of the injectors. Does it throw any codes?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

No helpful codes. Interesting you mentioned the injectors causing it. I was talking with Wayne about it sometimes sounding like its running on half power at start up, but a restart would correct this. He said that sounds like a injector. I'll bring that back up when I see him tomorrow. On first attempt he replaced a cable and the fuse box (used) under the steering wheel. Was good till I got home, then acted up again :rolleyes:

For 2nd attempt he order a new fuse box and a ignition switch (which was my first idea). Will see how that goes. I may just have him replace the injectors anyways. The other irritating thing it does. before the engine started cutting out, was sometimes I would turn the key and all power shuts off. Totally dead. I eventually figured out a strange work around for this. If I turned my headlights on, all power is restored and it starts. And of course, it won"t act up for anyone but me :rolleyes:

Hopefully Wayne can get to the bottom of this ;)

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully soon...got a letter today from I-Pass and they want me to change/upgrade my transponder by 9/28. Usually with a tollway....upgrade = upgrade in revenue for them lol. Looking forward to it (BestPass)...seems like a great idea.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Hopefully soon...got a letter today from I-Pass and they want me to change/upgrade my transponder by 9/28. Usually with a tollway....upgrade = upgrade in revenue for them lol. Looking forward to it (BestPass)...seems like a great idea.
Ipass upgrade is quick and painless. I just went to one of those Orosco stores (or whatever they're called) and it took like 15 seconds to swap it out. Bring the letter with you.