It's August & Time To Get Rollin

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty in Center Line Mi.

Interesting double drop. 2nd drop was on the same property about 50 yards away in another building. I've had to do this before at other places, but never billed as a double drop.

I guess that's called logistics

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At my last pickup I met a really nice foreign driver in a yellow cube van. Unfortunately, his English was so broken, I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say. I tried to explain to him what a sign said, "stop here, and walk to front office". Using hand signals, I got him to follow me. Security was scratching his head and getting frustrated trying to check him in. He didn't know where the load was going, just keep saying "pick up... 5 skids". He called his dispatch speaking in a foreign language. Security wanted his truck number, but he kept trying to get the info off of his drivers licence.

After loading, From what I could figure out, he was trying to ask me for directions to Michigan by naming States. No GPS, maps?

I have no problem with a guy trying to make a living, but I kept thinking this can't look very good for his company. But I guess if the price is right...you get what you pay for.

I passed him a couple hundred miles down the road and waved.

I hope he made it to his destination

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One eight seven seven kars for kids
K A R S kars for kids
One eight seven seven kars for kids
Just shoot me

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Home for the weekend. Waiting on 2 parts Wayne ordered for the sprinter. Still having a tough time finding the cause of a few irritating Gremlins that only come out for me. Glad I already exceeded my weekly quota

9d264e9a5b96d8bb4c4d836e8c1d67fe.jpg

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Had one offer yesterday and it was a no go. First call of the day, BAM! we have the load. Great send it over! Just hoping when I unload in the morning something will pop up. Have to wait and see.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Home for the weekend. Waiting on 2 parts Wayne ordered for the sprinter. Still having a tough time finding the cause of a few irritating Gremlins that only come out for me. Glad I already exceeded my weekly quota

9d264e9a5b96d8bb4c4d836e8c1d67fe.jpg

So that's your van in his shop!

Thankfully, No.
Mines in my driveway. Wayne said that one had a engine fire. EEK! :eek:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Action plan has been trashed.

Me: going back in service Monday

Wife: you forgot didn't ya

Me: trying not to show panic. The things that run through your mind when you hear that.

Wife: relax, we are flying to San Diego soon remember?

Me: that's at the end of September?

Wife: no

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Going to try to test my lack of mechanical knowledge today, by trying to do my own PM work on my generator.

Now, if I can just find where that dang spark plug is on this thing :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Going to try to test my lack of mechanical knowledge today, by trying to do my own PM work on my generator.

Now, if I can just find where that dang spark plug is on this thing :rolleyes:

You're Doomed

Pretty much, especially with a real lack of good instructions able to be found for my Generac IQ2000 :rolleyes:

Luckily, where I thought the spark plug was, under the mount, was correct. I was afraid I was going to break something trying to pull the mount off. Set the gap and replaced, that's where my luck ran out.

I also wanted to replace the fuel filter. Got one that may fit, and ordered the original from manufacture. But unless I'm totally blind (which may be possible) I could not find anything that looked like a fuel filter from my access port. The only instructions I could find was take it to a service dealer :eek: So I figured it must be located on the other side, with no access other then to disassemble all the housing. I started taking out all the screws, found 3 that where already stripped and could not remove, so that brought me to a stand still.

The dealer was having as much trouble as I was trying to find any information on the replacement filter and a good picture of what it even looked like. This should be fun, most likely, unless some more information comes up, someone else can mess with this :rolleyes:

Reactions: Steady Eddie

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been using Quick Books to track profit and expenses since last tax season, since it was included with my last Turbo Tax package. After some initial headaches getting it set up and up to date, I've really come to appreciate it. Definitely helps me to keep on top of things at a quick glance.

Checking it this morning. August is already set to be my 2nd most profitable month of the year, since the odd blip that holds the #1 spot back in... February :rolleyes:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Morning Load One! Got a shorty on Saturday which took me through Louisville. While I was talking to Guido, he told me about Mark's Feed Store. I smelled and ate some good BBQ and met very friendly people. Doing another shorty for dispatch this morning. Week is starting out Good! Keep it coming!