It's August & Time To Get Rollin

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here in Ruther Glen. I thought about running over to the University of Virgiania in Charlottesville, check out the campus, the famous Civil War statues, maybe grab some lunch.

Then I realized that was about like going for a casual hike in the mountains... in Afghanistan... and then being shocked when the Taliban shows up.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well busy day for not of the fleet and me. Few more sitters to get unstuck!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice start to the week. Monday South Carolina to (insert Billy Joel music) Allentown, PA. Every time I come here I get that dang song stuck in my head

About 8 hrs before I got there, got a call about another load picking up in the morning, put on 20min. reserve but didn't hear back. Was able to get unloaded early and making plans for some sleep.

Sent off my empty info and...ding, "new trip plan available".

Glad for the load, but sure would have liked to have known about it hours ago. I would have planned this trip differently.

So headed off to New Jersey to beat the Tuesday morning rush.

Loaded up in the morning and now in Richmond Virginia.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waited out the heavy rain storms that seem to be following me at a Walmart before moving on to a Pilot.

Saw something I wish I hadn't.
Came across a accident. Pickup Truck slammed into a cement barrier. The body laying on the side of the road covered with a sheet.

With my medical background, I've seen more then my share of death. All my years of driving I've never seen it in my travels. I've seen many accidents where it looked liked no one could of survived, but never a body, at least not for sure.

You see it on TV all the time, but seeing it first hand, like that, well, I'm not sure how I'm feeling. Can't really find the right description. More of a reflection on life, and how precious life is, and how easily in an instant it can be taken away.

I wish I had something more profound to finish with, but...

Be careful out there gang.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh my, got some information on the crash. It was a women involved in the crash. Survived the crash, she got out and was hit by a car.

One person killed in crash on Route 288 in Chesterfield

One person died after a crash on southbound Route 288 in Chesterfield on Tuesday night.

The incident happened just before 10 p.m. near the Powhite Parkway interchange. Police say a woman crashed her truck into a concrete barrier, got out and then wandered onto the roadway.

She was then hit by an oncoming vehicle. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

---That explains why I saw her body about 50 yards from the crash, very sad :(

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That is sad, and sadly you hear about that happening quite often after accidents. Not sure if people are dazed and confused and accidentally walk into traffic or what.

Busy day yesterday and off to a strong start this morning! Go Load One!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums