It's August & Time To Get Rollin

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
26 miles from Jacksonville Florida and I have horrible Verizon cell service. Roaming isn't having any better luck. I haven't had this bad of service since back when I experimented with Sprint

But after 3 disconnected calls with a patient dispatch, got a load

Hopefully, next area will be better

82fa2abcc74af73fee32442e0f6eac54.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another long exciting day of executive officer meetings for the Truckload Carriers Association. Hope everyone is rolling and staying safe!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flash back 2008...

For those around long enough to remember, this was around the time Flying J started closing up there restaurant buffets. Some where replaced with Denny's or became storage rooms. Some remnants can still be spotted.

Personally, I loved them and was the high light of my week. Being a starving cargo van driver at the time, I devoured the buffet. I was pretty bummed when they closed up.

Fastward to 2017...

I stopped in at the J in Latta, SC (off of 95). Talk about a ghost truck stop. Other then a few employee cars, I'm the only one here in this huge front parking lot.

As I made my way in, I went through the typical side entrance door. This turned out not to be the entrance for the J, but into the old buffet restaurant. It was left fully intact as if it had closed just before I walked in. All that was missing was the people. This sure brought back a lot of fond memories.

Finding no access to the main store, I went back out and in the front. I informed the cashier of my little adventure. She was shocked that the doors were unlocked and alerted maintenance.

This concludes my trip down memory lane

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gonna be a long day.

Pulled up 60 miles shy of delivery for a Walmart Distribution center for 5:45am appointment. Normally would want to be closer, but seemed like best option given the location. So got up at 3:50am, couldn't find my wallet
Found it, coffee in hand and ready to go at 4:30am. Arrived on time as planed.

Everything going smoothly until I was told, we can't unload you till daylight, I'll give you a call after 7:30am.

7876a0915323315e26e3e5b3f530a14d.gif

Wow, seriously?

Then a great comment/question, "they didn't tell you that?

Oh well, just another day in expediting

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another day....another flight delay.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums