February 2017 locations and more

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry, I missed that I was cutting a hot dog in half

I don't really know who's side to take. I do know I had a bad week and have no money. But next week it might change. Start a garden and 90 days dry food supply I guess. Has it ever been any different in trucking?

Reactions: jcochristoph

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
True Confessions for truck drivers lol

I have to say here I would have gone that low for a backhaul, just have never had to, fortunately

Not to leave home though...i think...(clock is ticking last expedite run was about 10 days ago)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did some soul searching. (Ziggi didn't seem to think that was worth answering) if its less than .85 I'll stay home and do local. Just in case any carrier types are reading. BTW I would take .50 a mile to cut the carrier out (hi "boss", yes I'm serious)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Which brings up another point...if you're not happy about rates...quit and go independent...that would accomplish more than a strike (I was kidding about that) part of what I really think is going on, too many people leased to a carrier on forced dispatch that are told "that's all we can get out of the customer".

It is bad right now and it is down...but I still get better pay off the overflow on Sylectus than I did at my last carrier...AFTER who knows how many companies took their cut...

Newbies beware. I'm spouting off here

(Also please note there are several carriers on EO that treat their drivers very well, not talking to you)

I guess I have to conclude...should have got out of the van segment long ago

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
You have as much right in this great country to your opinion as you have the freedom to set your own rate.
That hasn't changed yet
But what I have seen change in my 63 years of living here is that instead of everyday public debate over individual opinions, now it is more acceptable to insult the party that expresses an unpopular opinion.
That to me is the "dumbing" down that's taking place in our country these days!

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did some soul searching. (Ziggi didn't seem to think that was worth answering) if its less than .85 I'll stay home and do local. Just in case any carrier types are reading. BTW I would take .50 a mile to cut the carrier out (hi "boss", yes I'm serious)

we are not the industry to be hit with dropping profits...and the O/O's either competed or they die....maybe one could call that dumbing down or maybe just cutting the fat, slowing down, cutting expenses...no one promised we would get rich out here...I see it as surviving and everyone has a different idea at what it takes to do so....some prefer to sit wait for a .10 another 1-3 days...3 days out of your life so be it...
one has a choice..wait indefinitely for your rate.....or DH 1,000 for Free because you won't do it for .55 or you can get $550 for same thing you chose to do for free....$100 in fuel to make $550...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have as much right in this great country to your opinion as you have the freedom to set your own rate.
That hasn't changed yet
But what I have seen change in my 63 years of living here is that instead of everyday public debate over individual opinions, now it is more acceptable to insult the party that expresses an unpopular opinion.
That to me is the "dumbing" down that's taking place in our country these days!

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app
agreed.....I think some miss where we are INDEPENDENT OPERATORS/ INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS....and WE decide what our INDIVIDUAL profits margin are....NOT what the next person thinks it should be comparing thier life needs to the next persons....they know absolutely nothing about someones elses needs and yet pass judgement from a Holier than Thou position...:)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
True Confessions for truck drivers lol

I have to say here I would have gone that low for a backhaul, just have never had to, fortunately
The only reason I did it was I had to be home by the weekend. Did not have that warm and fuzzy feeling when I got paid to be following week. Seeing $800 fora 1600 mile trip is not a pleasant sight.
But, But.....You are making expediting great again!!! LOL