June idle chit chat and banter and freight hauling

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Delivered 2 hours ago in Birmingham, AL. After reviewing the last 6 weeks and 2 days, even with some longer paid moves at $0.35/mile, I avg'd $0.774 per mile. Not bad at all.

Add $425 for the fuel cost of my unpaid tourist miles where I drove the PCH (3 different sections at different times) Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Mt St Helens (helicopter tour), extra driving north of Seattle (19 miles short of British Columbia), and extraneous driving for food or to get to food or anything else to entertain myself...I consider these 6+ weeks as successful...and definitely can't put a price on the things my father and I were able to do and see.

Actual driven miles from when we left home until right now was 22,449. 18,946 miles were dispatched (loaded, deadhead, and paid relocation). And to further break that to actual avg per mile for every mile including unpaid/undispatched at $0.653 per mile.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
suns just peeking up....time for some me time....off to get a line wet in fishing hole....

go for it Rags.....:p
a721e157c0b4d3e0648f202f83f9e73e.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I once had a stretch where I did LAX to Phoenix, slept and the next morning took another load from the delivery to LAX. I did that round tripper 9 straight times over 18 days. It was awesome... until that last trip out of LAX. It took 11 hours to get from LAX to San Bernardino. OMG. It was like the Chicago rush hour traffic that would never end.

After that last trip back to LAX I had my fill and asked dispatch to get me out of there. They got me a load from Tehachapi to Dodge City, KS.

Reactions: Mailer and RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heading back to Michigan and home again from Louisville. I guess I was suppose to be home this weekend lol.

Treadmill: Why in the world would you give me an off topic negative rating for this post? o_O

In other news: Was able to drop off early in Farmington, MI and back home by 3am for some much needed rest.

Reactions: Mailer

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Treadmill: Why in the world would you give me an off topic negative rating for this post? o_O

In other news: Was able to drop off early in Farmington, MI and back home by 3am for some much needed rest.
I don't how that got there. Thought I put the winner one. Just changed it to the winner.

Reactions: RoadTime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well think I'll try to start the war wagon tomorrow been over 3 weeks now just sitting.....
Another 3 weeks to go... Maybe more if JuJu lets me... :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Regular browser on the phone, it doesn't take all that fat of a finger.