March... Can the cold weather be done now please?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I saw a guy WITH a weird looking joint over there.

He said this IS-IS good **** man !

So that must be what you're talking about.

A good place if you have the munchies ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I saw a guy WITH a weird looking joint over there.

He said this IS-IS good **** man !

So that must be what you're talking about.

A good place if you have the munchies ?

Don't ask me, I have never been there. Just trying to figure out where the "joint" is.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ohmerha, NE. I can't deliver until morning but I am collecting layover pay. I always sleep better when I'm making money.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It happens. We like the shorties too. Can usually get a silly per mile rate on them. One just has to be careful and be sure to either get all miles or enough to let that load finance your deadhead to a decent area.

My shorties paid crazy money, and was close enough to go back home.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
For those of you considering a load west be aware the track at this time is right over I-90

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RAPID CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.
* TIMING... RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW SUNDAY NIGHT... WITH SNOW CONTINUING INTO MONDAY MORNING. THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES.
* MAIN HAZARD... SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE... MAINLY ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 90 AS WELL AS THE BLACK HILLS.
* OTHER CONDITIONS... GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS MAY CREATE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW... ESPECIALLY ON THE SOUTH DAKOTA PLAINS.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
For those of you considering a load west be aware the track at this time is right over I-90

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RAPID CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.
* TIMING... RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW SUNDAY NIGHT... WITH SNOW CONTINUING INTO MONDAY MORNING. THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES.
* MAIN HAZARD... SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE... MAINLY ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 90 AS WELL AS THE BLACK HILLS.
* OTHER CONDITIONS... GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS MAY CREATE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW... ESPECIALLY ON THE SOUTH DAKOTA PLAINS.

What's that? I can't hear you thru this load to Texas I'm about to pick up. ;)

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Been sitting on cali since the 26th taking 500 mile dh option of going home to vegas sacrifice my pond and save the queen

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Picking up Sunday at the Park Ave Armory in N.Y.C. to start a 2 week tour with a english indie pop band called XX. Trucking backline (bandgear) and monitors for that tour.
WHERE THE BANDS MAKE IT ROCK C & M MAKES IT ROLL!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Picking up Sunday at the Park Ave Armory in N.Y.C. to start a 2 week tour with a english indie pop band called XX. Trucking backline (bandgear) and monitors for that tour.

Does this make you a roadie?

sent from my Galaxy S3

tknight

Veteran Expediter

Must have some decent record company tour support to foot the bill for 2 weeks of expedite , hope the catering is better than a load of bread and bologna like the last tour I did a few months ago!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I spent a week with Cirque du Soleil during load in and set up in San Francisco.
The food area had a 53' reefer, 2 53' kitchens, a 53' dining hall, and a 53' outside patio trl. At the end of the workday massive amounts of beer where brought in so the crew would drink/unwind on site before being bussed to the Hotel.
This eliminated losing crew members in strange cities.

The food was awesome.
Once they were up and running I stayed on site to run to the staging yard at the drop of a hat to grab an equipment/tool trailer if the need developed.
The pay was generous. After a few years they got some dedicated Canuck Carrier to do it cheaper.
We did fill in and overflow work.

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Just booked on a 11 stopper UK t-shirt route for the wee hours Monday morning. :)
OH to KYx11.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A few years ago we were in San Jose listening to the Giants in the WS. They win, we work overnight. They lose, somebody in another city may work.