Babies or tissue?

moose

Veteran Expediter
. Talk about mental defectives and hypocrites.
NO, Hypocrisy is a person who shout out loud murder where there's NONE, but @ the same time cry out loud when they comes to take our guns.
the 'mental defectives' remark might or might not fit in this case

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . and decry capital punishment for guilty criminals.

The problem with capital punishment is, a person that did not commit the crime could be executed. As long as this chance exists, there has to be zero executions.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No innocent person will be executed when irrefutable proof is required. That's sort of the key thing about irrefutable. Then again, you proved the whole point again because certainly there's nobody any more innocent than the unborn and yet it's fine to execute them.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
No innocent person will be executed when irrefutable proof is required. That's sort of the key thing about irrefutable. Then again, you proved the whole point again because certainly there's nobody any more innocent than the unborn and yet it's fine to execute them.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I love how so many of you make a big outcry that it's forcing one's will on a woman to say she isn't allowed to murder another person but think nothing of the absolute ultimate forcing of one's will on that innocent person that's murdered. Then to eliminate any remaining doubt, after basically demanding abortion on demand turn around and decry capital punishment for guilty criminals. Talk about mental defectives and hypocrites.

Embryos and zygotes are not people. I might be able to get with your stand when it comes to late term abortions but that's about it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Pregnancy is VERY easy to avoid. Everyone knows how. Methods for prevention range from free, 100%, effective to expensive, less effective methods.

Excuses are cheap but excuses often lead to VERY expensive results.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Embryos and zygotes are not people. I might be able to get w

Embryos and zygotes might not be people, BUT, assuming a healthy embryo or zygote, they ARE normal HUMAN embryos or zygotes and the ONLY way to abort them is to kill them. ALL living embryos and zygote are alive.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I haven't seen anyone bring in the over population issue to this argument. There are far and away too many people in the planet. Sustainability is a real problem. 2 Billion people on the planet in 1940. Approximately 9 Billion in 2010. Not enough food. Dirty air. Irresponsible mothers and fathers. Carbon Dioxide is serious threat to out existence. Abortion is just one part of much larger conversation we need to have...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I haven't seen anyone bring in the over population issue to this argument. There are far and away too many people in the planet. Sustainability is a real problem. 2 Billion people on the planet in 1940. Approximately 9 Billion in 2010. Not enough food. Dirty air. Irresponsible mothers and fathers. Carbon Dioxide is serious threat to out existence. Abortion is just one part of much larger conversation we need to have...

Who gets to decide who is the "excess" people? Who gets to decide how to get rid of them. Not enough food? We burn food in cars we have so much. The air is FAR cleaner than it was 40 years ago and getting cleaner. Same can be said for the water. Most sources of carbon dioxide emissions produce less, in many cases MUCH less, than they did 40 years ago.

In the United States, and much of North America, this is being done at the same time we are seeing major increases in wildlife habitat and increases in the majority of wildlife species.

Could it be better, yep. Is it better than it has been for decades? Without a doubt.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anyone is free to do their own individual part to reduce the crowd any time they choose. It's when they prematurely end an innocent life not their own that it becomes wrong. Want a cleaner environment? Get your elected officials off their you know what and building nuclear power plants. There's no point in going on. Our usual group that can't get it won't this time either.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Maybe we would have less unwanted pregnancies if abortion wasn't so readily available. With the low cost of birth control I can't help but think carelessness is the cause of many unplanned pregnancies.

You really think abortion is readily available, you are mistaken - it's not. Thanks to the conservative lawmakers [not their constituents], there are states with just one women's clinic for the entire population. And where it is available, it's not easy, between the legislators who require transvaginal ultrasounds, waiting periods, and whatever other obstacles they can place in the path, and the protesters who literally place themselves in the path to heap shame upon women they know nothing about.
The low cost of birth control? At the rate Planned Parenthood locations are being pushed out [same conservative lawmakers and their own agenda] there aren't many places where low income people can see a doctor to get a prescription. And let's don't forget: birth control isn't infallible, and neither are the people who use it. Accidents happen. [Did you know that many antibiotics can neutralize birth control pills? No? Neither do a lot of women taking both - should they have a child because the doctor didn't tell them to use extra protection?]
Finally, the teaching of abstinence only has not been successful, and the proof is in the number of teenage pregnancies in the school districts that don't teach anything else.
Sure, carelessness causes some unplanned pregnancies, but ignorance causes most of them.

The best way to reduce abortion is to reduce unwanted pregnancies, but the conservative agenda is making that as difficult as they can, too. Pretending people won't have sex because some people think they shouldn't or they don't want a baby is just not remotely realistic.
Nor is pretending that making abortion illegal again will stop it, because we already know how that worked out.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just the facts ma'am, just the facts.

Here's the facts - but that's not what appears on those billboards and protest signs, is it? Because the truth is not on your side.

Attachments

• 8 wks pregnant.jpg
    8 wks pregnant.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 10 wks pregnant.jpg
    10 wks pregnant.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 12

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The truth is that is a human being with a lifetime ahead of him/her provided some evil entity(ies) don't kill him/her. If that human life is meaningless then all human life is meaningless. For "you", as in all those readily supporting such killing, Hitler was right. Life is meaningless. Let's not stop with those babies in your thumbnails. Let's add those with Down's Syndrome, those with crippling disabilities like CP, and the list goes on. "You" are wrong and will always be wrong with that position.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nobody said that life is meaningless, except you. But you don't know any more about what that potential baby means to the potential parents than anyone else who feels qualified to decide what they should do about it.
When a spouse or family makes the decision to 'pull the plug' on someone, does that make their life meaningless? When a terminally ill person decides to end the pain on their own timetable, does that make their life meaningless?
I contend that it's precisely the opposite: life is meaningful, and people who have to make the hardest choices know that, better than you.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone is free to do their own individual part to reduce the crowd any time they choose. It's when they prematurely end an innocent life not their own that it becomes wrong. Want a cleaner environment? Get your elected officials off their you know what and building nuclear power plants. There's no point in going on. Our usual group that can't get it won't this time either.

I just have to ask have you never heard of Chernobyl?
Forget solar or wind power with nuclear power we can eventually grow a third arm!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've heard of Chernobyl. Are you aware that currently 20% of U.S. power comes from nuclear? That if all electric power were nuclear it would eliminate upwards of one billion tons of greenhouse gas annually? That nuclear is the safest power source when properly run?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe we would have less unwanted pregnancies if abortion wasn't so readily available. With the low cost of birth control I can't help but think carelessness is the cause of many unplanned pregnancies.

You really think abortion is readily available, you are mistaken - it's not. Thanks to the conservative lawmakers [not their constituents], there are states with just one women's clinic for the entire population. And where it is available, it's not easy, between the legislators who require transvaginal ultrasounds, waiting periods, and whatever other obstacles they can place in the path, and the protesters who literally place themselves in the path to heap shame upon women they know nothing about.
The low cost of birth control? At the rate Planned Parenthood locations are being pushed out [same conservative lawmakers and their own agenda] there aren't many places where low income people can see a doctor to get a prescription. And let's don't forget: birth control isn't infallible, and neither are the people who use it. Accidents happen. [Did you know that many antibiotics can neutralize birth control pills? No? Neither do a lot of women taking both - should they have a child because the doctor didn't tell them to use extra protection?]
Finally, the teaching of abstinence only has not been successful, and the proof is in the number of teenage pregnancies in the school districts that don't teach anything else.
Sure, carelessness causes some unplanned pregnancies, but ignorance causes most of them.

The best way to reduce abortion is to reduce unwanted pregnancies, but the conservative agenda is making that as difficult as they can, too. Pretending people won't have sex because some people think they shouldn't or they don't want a baby is just not remotely realistic.
Nor is pretending that making abortion illegal again will stop it, because we already know how that worked out.

Your trying to paint the uncommon as common and yes birth control on average is cheap. Much cheaper than an abortion.

Didn't read what I read very close as your statement accidents happens proves. Didn't come close to saying all unwanted pregnancies were caused be careless actions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I've heard of Chernobyl. Are you aware that currently 20% of U.S. power comes from nuclear? That if all electric power were nuclear it would eliminate upwards of one billion tons of greenhouse gas annually? That nuclear is the safest power source when properly run?

I would have to guess solar or wind power is safer...total guess but no pesky radioactive waste, nuclear meltdowns.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app