Babies or tissue?

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry no amen, I do occasionally dance naked under the light of the moon goddess but that's whole different story! I'm immoral in your eyes I'm sure but that's okay...I've found peace, happiness and don't feel the need to try an legislate my values (or maybe force is a better word) on other people.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Far too many of the "others" don't only want "choice", they want those who are opposed to abortion to be FORCED to pay for it.

Just as responsible people are being FORCED to pay for others irresponsibility.

Since when do taxpayers have the right to determine what their taxes will or won't be spent on? Because I have serious objections to quite a few things my tax dollars support [like new stadiums for bazillionaire teams & their owners], and it'd probably be a longer list except we don't even know where much of the money we fork over is actually going.
Your objection is noted: take a number and get in line.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who me? I'm not trying to legislate or force anything just saying a prayer I don't believe it is my place to point fingers or attack others who are doing wrong because the first one i would have to attack would be myself because I have probably done more wrong in my past then you will ever do on pourpose and i'm far from being perfect. I know there is A bigger picture and God IS in control and His ways are not always my ways and His thoughts are much higher than mine and in the end He will have the final say. Come quickly Lord Jesus I pray :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Your assumptions about those who wish everyone had the right to choose life are just that... assumptions. In our case, we knew for foe close to 2 months that our daughter would never live long outside the womb. In fact, we knew that the longer the pregnancy went, the greater the danger was for my wife's life.

We willingly chose to allow our daughter to live as long as God would allow & trust the health/fate of my wife in His hands. If something is true then circumstances can not change the truth. Life is life. All life is valuable & should be cherished... If this is what you believe, then you understand our decision. Was it easy? Hell no!!!! The most trying time of our lives.

And, whether you choose to believe it or not, our daughters very short life had purpose & impact for 100's of people that we know of.

I believe you, and am sorry for your tremendous loss.
My assumption is that every person facing a life or death decision, [including whether to end a life sustained solely by medical technology] must be granted the right to make the decision that they believe is best, because no one else is qualified.
Whichever way one decides, it's often the hardest thing they have ever done, and they deserve compassion [because 'but for the grace', you know] not judgement.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Who me? I'm not trying to legislate or force anything just saying a prayer I don't believe it is my place to point fingers or attack others who are doing wrong because the first one i would have to attack would be myself because I have probably done more wrong in my past then you will ever do on pourpose and i'm far from being perfect. I know there is A bigger picture and God IS in control and His ways are not always my ways and His thoughts are much higher than mine and in the end He will have the final say. Come quickly Lord Jesus I pray :)

You're the one who mentioned immoral posts and not knowing the word...which I do actually, but knowing and believing are two totally different issues. It just seems that many times Christians assume if you don't think their way you're in of Jesus and you fit that description with your previous post. Do you know how annoying it gets to those of us who have a different path? Your ever seen people look at your symbol of faith around your neck in horror, are you constantly being preached to by others of a different faith or accused of being a satanist (which is funny when you don't believe in Satan) or ever see pages on Facebook that says Christians must die by fire and is filled with threats to your kind and told by the admin it's not hate speech, harassment or bullying? I do apologize I've been on Facebook most of today in a religious/political group I belong hearing much of the same things from a new member and more, frankly I'm slightly tired of it and ticked off.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

You don't believe it's your place to point fingers or attack others who are doing wrong [in your opinion], then who hijacked your account to write about immoral posts and people who are ignorant of 'your' word, and don't know what they don't know?
You're right about one thing: I don't know what I don't know - but I do know what you don't know, and that's whether there even is a God, so back off with the pious putdowns.
In return, when I see your religious fish symbol, I will refrain from adding legs & feet, and the caption 'Evolution won!'

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Certainly everyone of sound mind that chooses a DNR order should have that right. Everyone whose given a medical power of attorney by another should have the right to do what they believe is best. It's entirely different when someone chooses to end the life of another who hasn't expressly given the person permission to make such a decision. That's murder, taking the life of another against their will.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Certainly everyone of sound mind that chooses a DNR order should have that right. Everyone whose given a medical power of attorney by another should have the right to do what they believe is best. It's entirely different when someone chooses to end the life of another who hasn't expressly given the person permission to make such a decision. That's murder, taking the life of another against their will.

Everyone, someone, person... everything you just said is in the context of personhood, of which a fetus is not. Against their will... A fetus does not have the faculty of conscious deliberate action, the power of control the mind has over its actions. Only the pregnant mother has the power of control of that will since the fetus is, in every way that matters, literally and figuratively, an integral part of the mother. Therefore, if she is a person and not property, is it only up to her and no one else.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
There will never be a decision made on this topic to please the masses, the decision should be left to the ones facing this choice and that decision should be theres alone. The weight of there decision will be with them for all there days and if there God sees fit they will be forgiven in time. I know several people who have been effected by abortion and I've witnessed there struggle with the decision they made, some good some bad but they decided for themselves ( and they paid for it out of there pocket ) a moral choice for one might be immoral to the other but having that ability to decide is what is at question here and preserving that right is what many are fighting for.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter

So is killing a cow or a chicken without asking its permission is murder as well? Until a fetus takes a breath is it truly alive? To dictate what someone does with there body is far from right, its not your place or society's place to do that regardless of the reasoning its unjust!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
So is killing a cow or a chicken without asking its permission is murder as well? Until a fetus takes a breath is it truly alive? To dictate what someone does with there body is far from right, its not your place or society's place to do that regardless of the reasoning its unjust!

The view of pro-life is that the fetus is alive before it takes a breath so it isn't dictating what someone is doing with their body, it is saying murder is wrong. The left has used propaganda to change the fight to being for women's rights because claiming a fetus with a brain and beating heart isn't alive is to difficult.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't think anyone has questioned that a fetus is alive. The question is whether a fetus is a baby or a child or a person. That answer seems obvious.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I do occasionally dance naked under the light of the moon goddess . . .

peeping-tom.jpg

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm going to need to charge for this show... I take comcheck, fleetone and cc ....

This is the type of world we are heading for. What's the problem with cash?

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
This is the type of world we are heading for. What's the problem with cash?

Just trying to go with the times, I saw some kids selling popcorn for the boyscouts I told them I did not have cash and the 12 yr old pulled out an iPhone with a card reader ( then I told them I lost my wallet )