Why do you not use TA/Petro as your primary truck stop?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
It is very easy to listen in or participate on a conference call when driving. No different then listening to the radio. I am sure TA/Petro will read this thread and that they are forming questions for all of you on how they can solve the problem or to bounce ideas off of you to get your thoughts. In order to be in the call you will need to get the number and the pin so send Tom an email Tom Liutkus <[email protected]>

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
If you would be willing to give your input to TA/Petro in a conference call, your participation is valued. The call is scheduled for 3:00 pm Eastern time on Thursday, October 20th. You will be given the opportunity to create change for you and your fellow drivers by giving your honest feedback.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
On the call will be Tom O'Brian CEO and President TA/Petro

We have had several discussion with Tom O. and Tom L. and it amazes me how well they listen and how quickly them implement changes.

This is a great chance for drivers who do not use Ta/Petro or who have left TA/Petro to give their feedback to the people who can and will make the changes.

Many of the changes that have happened over the past few years are due to TA listening to drivers through focus groups.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
On the call will be Tom O'Brian CEO and President TA/Petro

We have had several discussion with Tom O. and Tom L. and it amazes me how well they listen and how quickly them implement changes.

This is a great chance for drivers who do not use Ta/Petro or who have left TA/Petro to give their feedback to the people who can and will make the changes.

Many of the changes that have happened over the past few years are due to TA listening to drivers through focus groups.

I do like the Iron Skillet at the Petro, so when I was refueling at the J in Knoxville tn, I then would go eat at the Petro, but as for the TA across the street,,,,,,,,well, just close it down.

guido4475

Not a Member
Do you mean Mike's travel center in Bow Junction?

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

The stop with the separate building for the restaurant? with the showers up stairs? if this is the one we are talking about, the old lady that owned the restaurant closed it up.No restaurant there, at least the last time I was there.Pilot got control of the diesel pumps there, but that only.But they do honor the pilot shower card credits there.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We primarily use TA/PETRO mainly due to the fuel discount. We do everything we can to avoid their food. It is BAD! Too expensive, too much fat and salt. The "fit" meals are nothing but salt. NASTY!

They have been doing a pretty good job on improving the trucks stops and they are getting cleaner. Keep up the effort, they are headed in the right direction.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
We primarily use TA/PETRO mainly due to the fuel discount. We do everything we can to avoid their food. It is BAD! Too expensive, too much fat and salt. The "fit" meals are nothing but salt. NASTY!

They have been doing a pretty good job on improving the trucks stops and they are getting cleaner. Keep up the effort, they are headed in the right direction.

JMHO as well. Food is terrible and I will not partake. However, given the OP alert and consequent quest for improvements, using feedback from boots on ground folks......one must salute the effort and hope for the best. At least they're trying.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Now heres an idea.....A "Sodium Reduced" menu?.....quite a few are struggling with high BP and poor circulation in the legs.....we know what salt does....silent killer....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now heres an idea.....A "Sodium Reduced" menu?.....quite a few are struggling with high BP and poor circulation in the legs.....we know what salt does....silent killer....

Reduced sodium would help. Right now they concentrate on the three main food groups. Fat, salt and bulk. REAL food would be SO nice!

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I keep my truck-stop experiences to a minimum. Gasoline, the restroom, a cup of coffee and that's about it. I did eat at a T/A, the restaurant wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either.

I avoid eating at Flying J/Pilot like the plague. That outfit is married to really bad fast food, the only one fit to be seen in is Denny's. I have a Speedway Rewards card and consider that to be a mistake, I won't have another one from anywhere.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I keep my truck-stop experiences to a minimum. Gasoline, the restroom, a cup of coffee and that's about it. I did eat at a T/A, the restaurant wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either.

I avoid eating at Flying J/Pilot like the plague. That outfit is married to really bad fast food, the only one fit to be seen in is Denny's. I have a Speedway Rewards card and consider that to be a mistake, I won't have another one from anywhere.

I use Speedway almost exclusively in those states....Diesel is of better or equal value cetane wise....and always cheaper price then any truckstop....and the hot dogs are the same...;)

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's the card scanning thing for me got tired of prepayng for fuel at TA pilot I swipe my rewards card then pump fuel then going in to pay.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
It's the card scanning thing for me got tired of prepayng for fuel at TA pilot I swipe my rewards card then pump fuel then going in to pay.

Aren't you in a straight truck? Why do you go in to swipe your rewards card and then come back out and then back in?

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One other thought. I got the impression-- here on this forum-- that those of us who drive vans and gas vans in particular aren't particularly welcome at the truck stops. Now we have one outfit asking why I don't patronise them more. It's really simple: I read stuff that says we're not terribly welcome.

So, when I have to stop at a truck stop, I do what I absolutely have to there and then make myself scarce. There are rest stops where I can catch some Zzzzs and know I won't be told to vamoose, and the rest of what I would need and want are easily dealt with in places where I feel more welcome.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The OP put the question out to professional drivers and O/O's, not vanners only.
Although they probably appreciate your business they really like it when we pull in for 200 gallons of fuel or $4000 worth of tires.
Get on the call. Business is business and they want yours too.
Also, to whoever won't go back because of one mouthy employee. Don't blame the company. Anyone can have a bad day. Did you report it ?
If your carrier lost every customer that ever got irratated by one driver, you probably wouldn't have much freight to pull.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The OP put the question out to professional drivers and O/O's, not vanners only.
Although they probably appreciate your business they really like it when we pull in for 200 gallons of fuel or $4000 worth of tires.
Get on the call. Business is business and they want yours too.
Also, to whoever won't go back because of one mouthy employee. Don't blame the company. Anyone can have a bad day. Did you report it ?
If your carrier lost every customer that ever got irratated by one driver, you probably wouldn't have much freight to pull.

I don't think any of us van drivers said a word about bigger trucks not posting. Van drivers happen to be about the biggest posting group on eo so of course we are going to speak up for our selves. Getting on the call would mean being awake to begin with if i am ready to sleep after a load im sleeping. They can read here as easy or even easier than we can get on their call. If you want go for it me i have no desire.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forumsl

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My point was the call is for all customers.
If vanners feel slighted it's a chance to speak up.
What comes to my mind is the story about I-80 spending $90,000 per space to add parking.
If I stay without fueling I'll pay an inflated price sometimes. I want the TS to have a little ROI so they're there when I want to park next time.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
How often does a CEO come out and ask "What are we doing wrong?" and he is serious. Yes they can read here but they cannot bounce ideas off of you to see what it is that will work for you.

Remember that they are not truck drivers they sit behind desks without our feedback they do not know how to fix the problem.

Take the time to call or listen in and get the problems fixed the way you want them fixed not how a desk jockey wants then fixed or even a bean counter wants then fixed!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If I make it on the call I'll run this by them:
Everytime I'm in a sub-par shower I think I wish some CEO could come in here all dirty,say after doing yard work,and see how he enjoys a little mold,lack of a shelf to place items,etc.
Guess we should suggest a little Undercover Boss action.