Why do you not use TA/Petro as your primary truck stop?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
TeamCaffee; It appears this is last years conference call?? date/time. It caught my attention because my daughter's birthday is on the 20th and it is on a Saturday. Awesome truck by the way.

Not sure what is up with the date. Email has been sent to all of those who expressed interest in talking with the CEO of TA/Petro.

Thank you for the comments on the truck we are pretty proud of it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Thanks to all of you for posting your thoughts and for those of you that were able to make the all today.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many drivers were on the call? Sorry I couldn't make it, driving in an area with spotty phone service

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think that ta/petros have done a good job upgrading their shower facilities. Corporates done before franchises. The food is ok but if you want a better meal we all know that hole in the wall mom and pops are the best... they must be doing something right to prompt the changes fj/pilot are doing. I do like fj hot food program and the pizza is great.. Those of you that have nothing but bad experiences with employees, need to look in the mirror I am thinking this has much more to do with your attitude than theirs... I rarely have an experience that is not fixable with a smile and a thank you...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Great point. It is great that TA gets better towels, FJ follows suit. Free ice was the same way.
I purposely missed the call as they need nothing but remain competitively priced to maintain my business.
I will use Tom's contact info to e-mail Tom L tomorrow with two ideas I have that could make my experience better. Neither one is a deal breaker.
Thanks Linda for bringing this to our attention.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They're expensive, not friendly with cv expediters and usually the parking lots are smaller than Frying J

With nothing other than brown food on display at the checkout, I suspect the 'Frying J' wasn't a typo, lol. I guess one just orders by shape: "I'll have a couple of the long round ones and a handful of the chunks" because it's ALL fried brown food.
Sorry I missed the conference call - I wanted to point out what a major PITA it is to use the TA/Petro shop for something like changing wiper blades or a light on top of the trailer, and having to provide all the info on engine model & size, VIN, mileage, etc. - especially if you've done it before, because they can't keep it on file, or communicate between shops. With computers, that's just inexcusable.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Flying J Pizza is great ??
Limited pizza experiences,L
had Pizza in all kinds of shops all across the country and theeir pizza is very g
ood. but everyone has a place where they live they think is the best.... but I would have to be the judge of that!!!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Pizza is in the eye of the beholder. It just sounded funny to me. Enjoy it if you like it.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Just came back to civilization after been away up north for the week.
sorry i missed the conference call. Tom made a BIG mistake (he doesn't know it yet) for giving me his E-mail address...LoL.

moose

Veteran Expediter
There were four drivers on the call with great feedback.

I wonder how much longer we will be able to park for free at truck stops?

An interesting blog by Henry Albert on Team Run Smart which addresses and interesting issue of truck parking at truck stops.

https://www.teamrunsmart.com/the-pr...-2012/what-will-the-long-time-ramification-be
Maybe this needs to be addressed on a new page, you decide.
i agree with Albert. free parking will not be the law of the road 10 years from now.
more so, where there's a need for service, there's a business that will provide the service, for a moderate free. with the 50 Gallon of fuel, club members will receive a free shower, and a club member reserved parking space.(and that free coffee- we can only hope!)
maybe the truck electrification/ pug inn solutions can solve this, as the pay for the parking is part of the hourly fee.
also this one issue can push more truckers to get into Expedite looking for a 'parking shelter'.