Power Inverters

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Today I finally got the Xantrex 300 pure sine inverter installed [with the proper cables, fuses, and circuit breakers, cause I ordered them too] and wow! The microwave doesn't take 5 minutes to heat water anymore, lol.
One reason: the old cables were routed way too far between batteries & inverter, the new ones are much shorter - big difference. Everything looks more 'industrial strength' now, so we'll see how it holds up in a tough environment.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Today I finally got the Xantrex 300 pure sine inverter installed [with the proper cables, fuses, and circuit breakers, cause I ordered them too] and wow! The microwave doesn't take 5 minutes to heat water anymore, lol.
One reason: the old cables were routed way too far between batteries & inverter, the new ones are much shorter - big difference. Everything looks more 'industrial strength' now, so we'll see how it holds up in a tough environment.

We have a good microwave in our truck, and you have to pretty much double the cooking times. I'll bet we have the same problem that you HAD. Enjoy your piping hot entrees !:)

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

OldGuy

Active Expediter
Well 12v options it is then...thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus! (AOKP M6 , Leankernel 3.10.0, 4.0.4 Radios, Inverted Gapps, TWRP 2.2 Recovery)

No problem :). Most military vehicles are 2 12v batteries in parallel (pos to pos neg to neg) and are switched to 24v to crank the engine.

We actually just replaced our Travel Trailers inverter to a 1300 watt APS/PSWINVERT inverter. So far we can run the AC AND the microwave without it wining and screaming at us.

It isn't a truck, but it's still worthy of a few upgrades :p.

Last edited: