What to do in laredo

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So it's my first time in laredo i'm at the ta anybody know of some fun ways to kill time here? been to the Harley shop already also looking for a good mexican resturant.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Good place to hang your hat is the Family Garden. It's worth the stay. Their cabana cooks up free hot dogs, nachos, and popcorn. Or you can order from their menu. There's a mexican restaurant down a block, and an Outback another block past that.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
get yourself some picnic stuff and go to the state park located at US 59 and the 20 loop, it'll cost about $20 and you can hook up shore power....there's fishing there and we were told a couple of years ago that you don't need a fishing lic. if you fish off shore....showers and restrooms near by and the sites have picnic tables with canopies and grills (if you really want to use one)....very pleasant when we were there...have fun!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So it's my first time in laredo i'm at the ta anybody know of some fun ways to kill time here?

Could always blow raspberrys at the competition.

designall.dll

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
When I'm in Laredo - I always get the chicken here:

Tori Pollos Asados
4507 San Bernardo Ave
Laredo, TX 78041
(956) 725-5295

Kristi

Active Expediter
There's a Planetarium there at the Tex A&M college. They are open Thurs -Sat. I haven't been yet but I really wanna check it out. There's also an Imagintarium there in Lardeo.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Play with the tarantulas in the parking lot. Go gar noodling in the Rio Grande.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
sit near the bridge that crosses over into Mexico and watch fireworks, I mean the drug cartels shooting at something, lol

Falligator

Expert Expediter
There's a movie theater down by exit 6 or so at the mall. Nice and cool. Or talk to TJP. I think he's stuck over at the TA also.

guido4475

Not a Member
get yourself some picnic stuff and go to the state park located at US 59 and the 20 loop, it'll cost about $20 and you can hook up shore power....there's fishing there and we were told a couple of years ago that you don't need a fishing lic. if you fish off shore....showers and restrooms near by and the sites have picnic tables with canopies and grills (if you really want to use one)....very pleasant when we were there...have fun!

That's what I'm talking about! My friend stayed there a few months ago, and said it was $15 a night, so he split it with another van driver, and they both plugged in.If I was running Texas more often, I'd get their season pass, for all Texas state parks, something like $100.00 a year, from what he was told by the park ranger.Stayed at a campground over the 4th, and really enjoyed it.So much more relaxing than a truckstop, or even a Wal Mart!

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good place to hang your hat is the Family Garden. It's worth the stay. Their cabana cooks up free hot dogs, nachos, and popcorn. Or you can order from their menu. There's a mexican restaurant down a block, and an Outback another block past that.

O.K. Hawk how do I find the family garden?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Its off from exit 3 I believe. It has a small sign on the same side of the road as walmart. 5830 San Bernardo rd.