February Banter and Location

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Hi All......... First just took a shower in shower stall at the yard.....man is that water hot...... :) thanks Mr. E.......yes I am married....so I ain't changing my handel......between the bank, break downs and fuel.......wife gets whats left.....I can't afford to quit....lol.
Unloaded at 6am today in Warren,Mi. was # 14 now #2 that aint to bad. We both have a cold we are trying to get over.....I am already pluged in to outlet....got my sat tv working......and the heater is working great.....and the guy going to lynchsburg, va. stay put for the day, they are allready looking...... ;)

No problem. What is your unit number and name? Do you have the blue class 8 century? Not that I notice these things as a CEO, just as an anal guy. :)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
No problem. What is your unit number and name? Do you have the blue class 8 century? Not that I notice these things as a CEO, just as an anal guy. :)

Think you may be thinking of Steve from NM. he has a blue century.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Found Jeanna and had a great dinner and enjoyed some good karaoke with her...when it was all over, i found a message that i had missed that there is another family issue goin on at home...I truly love what i do, but there are times when we are away from home that makes me wish i was there everyday to at a minimum be supportive of family....So at 0300 i am heading home to be there with my family..to deal with a pretty big disappointment on ones behalf and loss (death) of a friend on anothers....

While we here all have a common bond, and yes our families tag along in that in one shape or another, for the most part we are separated from them by the road....Take a minute and let them know just how much they mean to you, and that the hurt they feel is felt my you too...let them know you share their hurt and are there for them...

Sorry to be soo sappy...i think it is a phase that comes with age and grandkids....

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i think most of us with spouses, kids and grandchildren know where you are coming from. sorry about your friend. be careful !!!

woke up early this morning. the pasty i had for supper last night didnt settle very well. so drinking coffee and waiting for the phone with a load to get us out of here.

foggy as heck here this morning. cant even see the houses across the cul-de-sac.:(:(:(

Last edited:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Sorry about your trouble chef. Hope things get worked out soon. Empty and about to find a hole to crawl in and go back to bed

Load One #188

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
good mornin juju, sleep late ? hubby still absent, tj might of kidnapped him. LOL

ahhhhh..no...woke up at 7...funny thing..Ken's normal body clock is on EST and I'm on MST..who says a mixed time zone marriage can't work? *l* I think TJ is on the way to Chicago though. Hope you get that long awaited call this morning!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
guess i missed that. lastnite he was saying stay away. i thought he was still there. we should get a call today or tomorrow. normally doesnt take them 3 or 4 hours. but being slow we will give them their needed time.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
guess i missed that. lastnite he was saying stay away. i thought he was still there. we should get a call today or tomorrow. normally doesnt take them 3 or 4 hours. but being slow we will give them their needed time.
I'd have thought living in the freight lanes that you'd have been moving already..have you though about cozying up a little closer to Chicago?

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Morning all!

Made it home last night.... A big thanks to dispatch and those who gave all the tips to me this past week.

Dennis very sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm still available for local stuff today!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Morning all!

Made it home last night.... A big thanks to dispatch and those who gave all the tips to me this past week.

Dennis very sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm still available for local stuff today!

You guys have quite the network going...and it works!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
that would be an idea except we have been home 6 times since we started. all but 1 time ouuta st louis we have been loade within 50 mi. of the house. they have done really well comparingly to all the others. load one has already beat the pants of the rest in 6 mo. . the rest had 11 yrs. we are only 150 from chicago 135 from st louis and 125 from indy. usually time isnt a problem.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
How do you do this in cab scanning mess. I got it scanned and looking good. Put my name pro number and truck number on every page. Sent it along with the pro number for the scan. Got a message back today I'm doing it wrong. What am I missing. Brain explained everything to me but in all the things they told me I left out a step I guess

Load One #188

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
It said I didn't put the pro number or my name on the scan page where you punch it in on the qc before you send but when I look in my outbox I did. Gonna scan my new paperwork and see if this works

Load One #188