TA suxxx

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Well here I was sitting at the TA east Denver relaxing about 1045 pm getting ready to go to sleep and here comes security says I have to leave no overnight parking I said I am an expediter and spend money here fuel,food , shower,etc they say does not matter no over night sleeping. I dont think I will ever use another TA for fuel or anything else and they can take their stupid useless expediter card and put it where the sun dont shine

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The J in Aurora, CO is way better and safer , exit 276A I believe, I parked there for 2 days. I stopped using TA for fuel because of a bad experience as well.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Instead of boycotting TAs, perhaps it would be useful to find out what TA corporate says.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Instead of boycotting TAs, perhaps it would be useful to find out what TA corporate says.
Exactly. This thread (http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...3-van-parking-ta-east-ontario-california.html) illustrates how you can successfully deal with any issues at the corporate level. It's a little dated because it's before the UltraONE card, but it's all still the same. Main thing is, if a One-Adam Rookie gives you a hard time, talk to the manager and find out where to park, as per the UltraONE rules. If that doesn't git r dun, then call corporate. They WILL call you back, either someone higher up at TA, or the manager at that location will call, after being told to by corporate. ;)

Anyone else notice the parking spots with the big "E" painted on them? Some people think that means Employee, but those are for Expediters. So if you're not sure where to park at a TA, either ask the manager, or look for the parking spaces with the big "E" in them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The TA in Knoxville now has No Overnight Parking signs as well...I asked a staff member when they went up...of course they had no clue and no one turfed me out....there is a lot living out of their cars now....I think this is so they can turf them out...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The TA in Knoxville now has No Overnight Parking signs as well...I asked a staff member when they went up...of course they had no clue and no one turfed me out....there is a lot living out of their cars now....I think this is so they can turf them out...

It depends on the local laws, I was at a Pilot in upstate NY when I was a truck driver and they had no overnight parking signs in the truck parking area. I asked an employee about them and she said it is a local ordinance to have the signs up but they don't have to nor did they enforce them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It depends on the local laws, I was at a Pilot in upstate NY when I was a truck driver and they had no overnight parking signs in the truck parking area. I asked an employee about them and she said it is a local ordinance to have the signs up but they don't have to nor did they enforce them.

In this case the J across the highway does not have any signs...I go to the TA because it is up on a hill less skitters and the RV'ers stay at the J in most cases...thankfully...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I agree let TA know how you feel....

We vary rarely park out front unless we specifically are told as a straight truck that we can park in the front.

I am assuming you are in a van and not a straight truck?

When I first looked at your post my thoughts were truck stops are for parking overnight right? Than my brain kicked in and I realized you must be in a van and why this would be so frustrating.

If you need a contact for TA let me know and I will PM you a contact.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
In Denver you can park on the south side of the access road at bass pro shop in a cv. They have a shuttle to drive you around there. Target. Olive garden. Movies etc.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I always forget about the BASS Pro Shop until we are leaving and I see that from the interstate. We will be down to the TA East this afternoon and we will have to go check all of that out. Thanks for the reminder

paullud

Veteran Expediter
In Denver you can park on the south side of the access road at bass pro shop in a cv. They have a shuttle to drive you around there. Target. Olive garden. Movies etc.

Wow so a fishing store that he is unlikely to spend any money at while on the road at least is more welcoming than the truck stop where he would spend thousands and thousands of dollars. It wouldn't hurt to give corporate a call and explain that to them, you can even tell them you are reporting this to a website that involves all types of vehicles in the freight industry so there response could effect others as well.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If I remember right this was the t/a where I parked with the big trucks had some yahoo come out and have me move to the front where after I wedged myself into the parking spot, the rent-a-cop (really was a cop) told me I had to move back where the trucks are.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Why do cargo vans park at truckstops in the first place?

Unless yer looking to spin yarns with other wayward souls, there are so many other places to park. Most often much cleaner and quieter.

I seldom ever park at a truckstop .. unless it is convient for some activity I wish to get involved in.

Fuel, shower, leave ... my motto.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Unless yer looking to spin yarns with other wayward souls, there are so many other places to park. Most often much cleaner and quieter.

I seldom ever park at a truckstop .. unless it is convient for some activity I wish to get involved in.

I only go there to tease Panther drivers when I am bored and to shower....I am a confirmed Wally Worm...:D

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
The TA in Monroe MI let's the st and vans park out front, its a good place to set.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter

I seldom ever park at a truck-stop .. unless it is convenient for some activity I wish to get involved in.

Ditto . . . we never park at the truck stops other then Laredo, El Paso, or along the Mexican border. We go to the truck-stop fuel, shower and head out for more desirable locations. It is so much better then sitting and smelling urine and body odor. lol :D

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Some people like truck stops, some like walmarts, some like campgrounds etc. It is a personal choice and one to be decided by the person driving. For the most part I like the closest place with the things I need handy. If that's a walmart, fine. If it is a truck stop that is fine to.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I moved over to the Sapp Bros truck stop across the highway no signs saying no parking overnight and no security bothering me. I went to the TA website clicked on the contact link to send them my feedback about that place will wait to see if anyone bothers to contact me. As for parking at a truckstop i try to save fuel and time by staying in one spot and doing everything I want to get done like fuel showers,laundry, sleep, etc