TA suxxx

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
we have never stayed at a ta. we prefer the walmart lots. less idiots practicing jake braking in the middle of the night and they do have security.

ta has told us we are second class citizens. cannot get points added at the fuel counter except in a few locations, Trips to 2 or 3 bldgs to get points, cannot use the website to follow purchases because they are second chance,cannot cannot and cannot. have been cannoted to death. final straw was at walcott where 28 gal got entered as 4 and the second purchase 2 hrs later could not be entered because the girl did not learn the computer system.

so long ta. thanks for the ultraone loyalty to the members. i don't care if you don't control the gas station. guess bp doesn't need the money after the gulf quagmire. the system for us is broken and needs repair.

back to the pilot j where all you have to do is insert credit card and follow up with the loyalty card. another ta cannot. nice showers but too much inconvienenc.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
we have never stayed at a ta. we prefer the walmart lots. less idiots practicing jake braking in the middle of the night and they do have security.

ta has told us we are second class citizens. cannot get points added at the fuel counter except in a few locations, Trips to 2 or 3 bldgs to get points, cannot use the website to follow purchases because they are second chance,cannot cannot and cannot. have been cannoted to death. final straw was at walcott where 28 gal got entered as 4 and the second purchase 2 hrs later could not be entered because the girl did not learn the computer system.

so long ta. thanks for the ultraone loyalty to the members. i don't care if you don't control the gas station. guess bp doesn't need the money after the gulf quagmire. the system for us is broken and needs repair.

back to the pilot j where all you have to do is insert credit card and follow up with the loyalty card. another ta cannot. nice showers but too much inconvienenc.

The TA's are just a place to Pee for me.lol:)

BeecherKen

Active Expediter
T/A, Denton, TX, last December: I woke up to find a note taped to my side window to move my van off their lot. Now when I stop at a T/A and there are signs posted OR no vans, I keep moving. Usually to the nearest WalMart. Then if there are no semis in the WalMart lot, I go on to a Home Depot or Lowes, because experience has told me if semis aren't parked there, police or security will kick me out shortly. I have no trouble in Antioch, TN at that T/A, unless LisaLouHoo and Jeffman are going to be there. She has threatened my physical safety if I even look cross-eyed at "their parking space", LOL (I think 'LOL'...I have known her alot of years...)

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
did they ever repave that lot? last time i was there the straight almost tipped over from the craters filled with water from the rain. almost as bad as the closed chrysler factory in stl. if not fixed then they need channel markers.:eek:

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
did they ever repave that lot? last time i was there the straight almost tipped over from the craters filled with water from the rain. almost as bad as the closed chrysler factory in stl. if not fixed then they need channel markers.:eek:

We were there over the winter also, and NO, the semi lot was in such disrepair that it was more like gravel with a little bit of blacktop here and there.

As for YOU, BK...we were in Antioch in May, and there was a van IN 'OUR' SPOT. Well, I asked Jeffman if he wanted me to go beat them up and he said "Yes". As I opened my van door, he said, "GET BACK IN HERE!" I love him, but golly, he's fickle. ;)

BeecherKen

Active Expediter
Are you stalking me AGAIN today?!? LOL! Note to self: parking spot in front section of Antioch TA lot by light post and trash can is Jeffman and LisaLouHoo's...

bobwg

Expert Expediter
THe closed Chrysler plant St Louis is no more, the giant factory is gone only a small section remains as the demolition company continues to tear it town