Load1 Location and banter accepted

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/panther-expedited/45824-where-h-frieght.html#post416817

This guy must be new...*LOL* absolutely crazy....guess they've never done a Jan. in this biz....:rolleyes:

I can't laugh at that. This is my first January in this business and when your new at it and your sitting your mind gets to wondering........LOL For you more experienced people you know already what to expect. I on the other hand am learning as I go. May will 1 year for me.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
As most of us well know January is normally one of the slowest periods for expedite freight. Last January was good, but that was an anomaly primarily caused from the GM and Chrysler shut downs from bankruptcy filings and being closed prior to that.

Statistically so far this is actually a pretty decent January if we compare year over year numbers and volumes.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
As most of us well know January is normally one of the slowest periods for expedite freight. Last January was good, but that was an anomaly primarily caused from the GM and Chrysler shut downs from bankruptcy filings and being closed prior to that.

Statistically so far this is actually a pretty decent January if we compare year over year numbers and volumes.

Thanks John!!!!! To me that is encouraging to know. Lets me know I am at least on the right track.......I think....LOL.

I can tell you one thing. I sure have learned a whole lot from 5-20-2011 until now..........whew Last year was rough for me with this truck engine, trans(replaced the trans 3 times from thanksgiving until mid January.ugh they just couldnt get it right) not to mention trying to learn the expedite lanes ect. Tried the team thing.... that didnt work for saftey reasons I had with the co-driver but I would like to hire another co-driver when things pick up again. At least I didnt go into the negative numbers I stayed in the black.

Now that I have "most" of the major truck repairs/updates done I should have a good year. There is only a few minor preventitive items I want to replace such as 2 air bags, brake chambers. Radiator hoses, heater hoses things like that.

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
Yep typical Jan, been trying to get home now for over 2 weeks, seems they cant get me there lol, I just keep taking what comes along sooner or later one will pop up to NC.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well I was going to run up to Taylor to drop off paperwork and sit and tell stories and listen to stories with OVM, but....I just talked to Mike and he said that there is not a CV load on the board so in his opinion I might just as well stay home and be comfortable instead sitting in the van in the lot at Load 1...

I can't say that the month has been typical (yea i have been through enough Jan to know it is slow) because up until this week,i have been doing great...made good money and ran good miles...so I guess this slowdown is ok...I'll live and make it to drive another day.....:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got a shorty , Romulus Mi to Dayton, Oh.... Frankie got me a return on the backend...spend the night, then reload in the am and run back to Romulus :D

Thanks Frankie!!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I had a nice offer round trip from right by the house to sharonville Oh and back......... Had to turn it down cuz logs...... I fricken hate logs.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just delivered to my second home..:rolleyes:..Cottondale...*LOL*

I was just here last Friday...:D

people will think that is all we do...hehehe

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Priority vans....;)

Steve..Peter told of his truck...fixable? or should I say ..are ya going to rebuild or replace?

Pete's truck is repaired and he is at the yard waiting for a load. It was misdiagnosed. Actually, a botched repair job. Won't name them, but they are next door to Load 1 South. Mine should be done today sometime.

Scott's truck has a broken flex plate, so he will be down until Friday due to parts availability.

So you gonna do that typical guy thing and NOT go to the doc? It might be a stress thing..ain't easy keeping a fleet running smoothly..:eek:

I did go to the doc. Pulled or torn muscle. Not the disc, but when the muscle swells it pushes against the sciatic nerve. Taking muscle relaxants and ibuprofen. It's better but still driving me nuts.

I'll betcha your daughters have your number...:D

Met the future son-in-law. Nice guy, seems to have a level head on his shoulders. Of course, I kept that to myself. We'll see how things go.

Hope to be back in service by Friday if everything works out.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
It was good to see you John, but I forgot to tell you, The shower looks great!!

Emptied in Romulus, ran to the yard and talked to Mike, he said it was dead but hang out and he'd see what he could find....20 minutes later....

Wyandote Mich to The Muncie Indiana area.....sitting at the shipper waiting to get loaded...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
rebuild..or scrap it for parts?

Yet to be determined. Good thing is that it's at a shop where one of my tech buddies works and he has an intact engine sitting there from a 2004 with 80k on it.

He's checking to make sure the engine is in fact a 2004 and if it will mate up to my 2006. It should, but I don't want any surprises halfway through the job.

Once he gets back to me on that with an estimate, I'll decide what to do.

If I don't repair it right now, I have to find Scott a ride either in my truck or another owners' truck.