company question

Harley

Expert Expediter
Anybody ever heard of a company called N&M Transportation out of Parma, Ohio? Any info would be appreciated.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
are you sure it is N&M and not C&M. if its the latter, then yes. they are a good carrier who has been around for quite a while.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
C&M has been around quite awhile...very good with the straights...not so good with CV's...very hot and cold...many years ago they did not have CV's...why they ever put them on is a question mark...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
C&M has been around quite awhile...very good with the straights...not so good with CV's...very hot and cold...many years ago they did not have CV's...why they ever put them on is a question mark...

Where did you get your info from??? Just about everything you've stated is caca.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
C&M Expediting is out of Painesville, Ohio I believe. There is another C&M Transport I think in Warren, Ohio.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where did you get your info from??? Just about everything you've stated is caca.

About 5 years ago..I chummed with a guy out of Buffalo who drove for them a straight he has left the biz...and currently I talk regularly with 2 van drivers...

BTW Hawk..you say caca on both points...would you like to share what you know?...instead of just shooting me down outright..

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
About 5 years ago..I chummed with a guy out of Buffalo who drove for them a straight he has left the biz...and currently I talk regularly with 2 van drivers...

BTW Hawk..you say caca on both points...would you like to share what you know?...instead of just shooting me down outright..

Sorry bout that.

I was with them since the beginning of 06. Left them this past summer. You may be right about them not always having cvs. They told me they have them to keep the customers happy. However, they were moving vans great around Aug, like everyone else did. Also, they pay one of the highest van rates. Not so good with vans? Unless they recently crapped the bed, I don't think they're doing any worse than good. Might be your friends... I dunno.

Yes, they're very good with straights. When certain people mention xxx and yyy has the best CEO and/or dispatch in the biz; they have never dealt with Cal and his crew.

BTW... I apologize for calling your post caca. Parts just didn't sound right when I read it the first time.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry bout that.

I was with them since the beginning of 06. Left them this past summer. You may be right about them not always having cvs. They told me they have them to keep the customers happy. However, they were moving vans great around Aug, like everyone else did. Also, they pay one of the highest van rates. Not so good with vans? Unless they recently crapped the bed, I don't think they're doing any worse than good. Might be your friends... I dunno.

Yes, they're very good with straights. When certain people mention xxx and yyy has the best CEO and/or dispatch in the biz; they have never dealt with Cal and his crew.

BTW... I apologize for calling your post caca. Parts just didn't sound right when I read it the first time.

No problem Hawk....

yes they do pay vans a fair rate...and specific vans might have been in not so good areas for them...I think they might be on average as I do now....go-go-go and hesitate...you know the normal stuff...bit at a higher rate of pay..which makes it all good...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Cal and his son Mike are both good freinds of mine. They are a top notch group to deal with. We do a lot of business with them. I can't speak for how they are with owner ops, but they are a very solid carrier to carrier company.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Adding to the props for Cal of C&M - I had a chance to chat with him not long ago [picked up a load at his place, was hoping I could see it in the darkness of rural Painesville, was pleasantly surprised to spot Gottago's unmistakable KW backed to the dock, lol] and I was very favorably impressed.
But I don't think that's who the OP meant - Parma is on the other side of Cleveland.....:confused:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a NM Expedite, a division of the regional LTL carrier NM Transfer. I believe the LTL carrier was originally called N&M Transfer (Neenah & Menasha). The company is based in either Neenah or Menasha, Wisconsin. I talked with someone from the expedite division several years ago and was told that division was new and staffed with part time employees driving company equipment. No O/O's. Things may have change since then.

Harley

Expert Expediter
Thanks for all the many responses but unfortunately you all got off on a separate path from my question. I asked about a company called N&M Transportation Corp. out of Parma, Ohio. Then everyone started talking about C&M. This company that I am trying to find out about had an add on Craigs List. I talked with them and they sent me an application so I know that they do exist. The only question I have is DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR COMPANY? The question has nothing to do with C&M. Thanks

Last edited:

Harley

Expert Expediter
Thanks for all the many responses but unfortunately you all got off on a separate path from my question. I asked about a company called N&M Transportation Corp. out of Parma, Ohio. Then everyone started talking about C&M. This company that I am trying to find out about had an add on Craigs List. I talked with them and they sent me an application so I know that they do exist. The only question I have is DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR COMPANY? The question has nothing to do with C&M. Thanks

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I am showing an N & M Transportation with a Cleveland address. Close enough? They are an Alliance partner and are showing a fleet of 10 cargo vans. Never dealt with them.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The fact that this company is almost impossible to find, and recruits on craigslist, should raise a red flag.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

guido4475

Not a Member

Although C&M is an excellent company,I do not care for the fact that there is a dispatcher there that owns a 20+ fleet of vans leased to C&M.Conflict of interest.

Harley

Expert Expediter
Thanks Jefferson 3000. I appreciate your answer. They are located in the suburbs of Cleveland so they may indeed have a Cleveland address. Scottm, what is wrong with a company being on Craigslist? Ya have to start somewhere if you are ever gonna grow. I have been in the business for over 5 years and am just looking around since my present company is forcing everyone to install a new qualcom that is without a doubt a step backwards. So many complaints that I am not sure I want to go there way any longer. Again, thanks Jefferson.