August 2010 locations

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lookin for a nice weekend load but if I dont get anything by 2 or 3 today imma head home an get some more stuff in this sprinter I forgot my DVDs an some medicine...Good thing im only 3 hours from my house...also the house will give me some free laundry and free food and free showers...Plus I left my other bag of clothes at the house dumb me...I was so excited to roll I forgot some stuff lol :eek:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I am told I must refrain from using any kind of bad words on here, so from now on, symbols will be used to satisfy the offended....lol.

Picking up in Ft Wayne, going to Laredo!! What a way to start a week, awesome.

I'll warn everyone here that Guido is pulling into town :D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I am told I must refrain from using any kind of bad words on here, so from now on, symbols will be used to satisfy the offended....lol.

Picking up in Ft Wayne, going to Laredo!! What a way to start a week, awesome.

Yes, we must be politically correct and have tea and crumpets at the proper time as not to offend the tea and crumpet crowd, what shall become of us?:rolleyes::D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
at the TA on 70 near Wentzville....I still can't like the TA's...I try...but lousy parking, have to pump with the big trucks...I hate it... and .21 a gal more expensive then the place across the street....no wonder they give you a .20 "discount"...*LOL*

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Got into Peru Ill with a lt ft wheel bearing/hub assembly bad..nursed it 80 and had t stop.

Spent the night in a hotel cause the bunk is up. O'Reily's auto parts parking lot at 0830...drug out the tool box over the top of the bunk and went to work changong both ft bearing hub assemblies had the rotors machined and replace the brake pads, lol even rotated the tires while there. Done at 1230...not bad for an old mechanic...lol, the flat rate book on it was 2.5 hrs...so i gues 4 hrs for a non or old ex mechanic any bad..

One more night in the hotel room (didn't checkout cause I knew I'd need the shower after working on the truck) then head for Columbia Mo and deliver around 1900....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got into Peru Ill with a lt ft wheel bearing/hub assembly bad..nursed it 80 and had t stop.

Spent the night in a hotel cause the bunk is up. O'Reily's auto parts parking lot at 0830...drug out the tool box over the top of the bunk and went to work changong both ft bearing hub assemblies had the rotors machined and replace the brake pads, lol even rotated the tires while there. Done at 1230...not bad for an old mechanic...lol, the flat rate book on it was 2.5 hrs...so i gues 4 hrs for a non or old ex mechanic any bad..

One more night in the hotel room (didn't checkout cause I knew I'd need the shower after working on the truck) then head for Columbia Mo and deliver around 1900....

you are going right by me...

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
glad August bis almost over.MOney wise did ok but expense wise,Murphy's law has stuck again.Re did the EGR system,new Turbo,actuator for the clutch fancouple other odds and ends,yesturday my co quit,now the vpad for the turbo is out.sruck in Orlando til the part arrives,probably tuesday,already know the bill is little over 900 bucks.NOtr going to make that mistake and say what else can happen

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now in Louisville and had excellent bbq today with great company to share it with. Tomorrow is some delicious fish.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tropical Storm EARL

TS Earl....looks like FEMA work for Layout again...

REPORTS FROM A NOAA HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO NEAR 65 MPH...105 KM/HR...WITH
HIGHER GUSTS. EARL IS FORECAST TO BECOME A HURRICANE ON SUNDAY.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sitting here watching "Meteorite Apocalypse" on the SyFy channel. What a boring night waiting on my van to get repaired.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well there goes the property values in the toilet...a FedCC CV just pulled in...time to move on...don't want to catch anything..

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Moral of the story. Don't give up on your week. Friday afternoon I was thinking it might be another one load week, but by Saturday afternoon delivered two more loads.

TJ was the first thing I thought of when they told me my van had been sitting two days while the sprinter tech was out of town for training. I'll try it one more time this week.

eb

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tropical Storm EARL

TS Earl....looks like FEMA work for Layout again...

REPORTS FROM A NOAA HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO NEAR 65 MPH...105 KM/HR...WITH
HIGHER GUSTS. EARL IS FORECAST TO BECOME A HURRICANE ON SUNDAY.

Nope, no FEMA work UNLESS I either have 100% control over my truck, OR, a signed paper assuming responsibility for all damage caused while what ever or who ever is in control of my truck.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope, no FEMA work UNLESS I either have 100% control over my truck, OR, a signed paper assuming responsibility for all damage caused while what ever or who ever is in control of my truck.

that won't happen then...when Fema buys your service they own you...where, when and how long...
I guess extra insurance isn't worth it just for a seasonal gig..?

It is NOW Hurricane Earl....

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
that won't happen then...when Fema buys your service they own you...where, when and how long...
I guess extra insurance isn't worth it just for a seasonal gig..?

It is NOW Hurricane Earl....

What extra insurance? I have NOT been able to find additional down time insurance that does NOT include a full policy. I don't know if it is worth it, I have no idea of cost since I can't find any. FEMA can go suck an egg.