Can You Take a Look...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well after 5 years of software development and 9 months of web design - we have finally launched RoadGorilla.com.

This site is our "OTR" version of EO.

EO will always be our first priority and passion, but we wanted to let "OTR" know we are capable of building a first-class...no - world-class website.

This is a "lifestyle" website. The first of it's kind in trucking.

You can manage your trucking career AND social networking all in one place.

Why one place?

Because you and I know trucking is NOT a "job"...it is a LIFESTYLE!

So we wanted to be the first with this approach....

Can you register and let me know?

RoadGorilla.com - Where you are King of the Road

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Went to register and the registration page is for employment opportunities (IE. SS# DOB) and I tried to register from the forum page as well same form.
Design and layout are top shelf.
Let me know what I am doing wrong as I have a few custom "big rig" shots that I can put up.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Same here ...
Ya think that with way over 8K members it will be EZ...
also ,Ya think that under the "learn about the site from" tab , there will be EO as an option ...
Kind of stretching of the above statement...
now, i know there will be lots of sitting around this winter , but Gee's ,now i need to respond to another daily blog ... all i wanted to do is drive the demm truck ...
well , come with the territory ...

Good luck in your new venture , and thanks for EO.

Moose.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Same here.

If you go to a forum posting and read it, then click reply, you won't be logged in, so it takes you to the login screen. At the bottom of that there is a register link, and it takes you to the forum registration page where you create a username, pass, etc.

The register link is
[noparse]url=http://www.roadgorilla.com/forum/register.php?do=signup

and takes you to

http://www.roadgorilla.com/trucking-community/public/signup/[/noparse]

Once you create the account, then you go and login, and it takes you to a screen where you have to read and agree to the Code of Conduct, if you agree, it lets you in.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
wow...okay good insight from top web folks here already...more to follow.

????
I guess I should have been more clear.
These are required fields for sign up
Home Phone
E-mail address
No problem so far but then:
astric.gif
Position Applying For:
astric.gif
Best way to be contacted
astric.gif
Best time to be contacted
My problem is coming from truckload and having registered at a similar site in the past I was inundated with junk mail and my phone blown up from recruiters..
You already have some heavy hitters for sponsors and I am not in the truckload job market right now.
So it begs the question of an alternate registration page for members that want to join and be part of the community but do not want to be a target of a recruitment campaign.
If not do I have the option of keeping personal data private once registered?
That is all I was getting at, it wasn't meant to be criticism from a "non web developer type" just a valid concern or question from a potential member.
On the other end of the spectrum the site looked fantastic and the 1st impression was "Top shelf" and a fun place to burn some hours waiting on a load.
Mike

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, when you go to the Forum and select Register, is should take you to the Forum registration page (the links in my above post), but it doesn't, it takes you to an application form, instead. That's broken and needs to be fixed. Otherwise, the Forum's gonna be a lonely place.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Turtle you are amazing as you got registered! I used your link looked like all went well but when I tried to log in received message login failed. So I will wait awhile and see what happens.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Login on the main page is different than the Forum login (why is that?). I just checked those links up there and they take me to the main page, now.

If you to to the maim page (RoadGorilla.com - Where you are King of the Road) and then under COMMUNITY click FORUM, on the menu bar you'll see "register". Don't click that, as it will take you to the wrong register page. Instead, click either the Announcement or the Introductions thread topic in the News and Updates forum. Then click the message to open it, then try to reply to it. There you will get a Message telling you that you are not logged in and it asks for your login/pass. You'll see the "register" link again in the upper left corner, don't go there.

Instead, at the bottom of the message, just above the Forum Jump, is another "register" link. Click that. That's the one that takes you to the /public/signup page, and is where you register for the Forums.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
You would not be contacted unless you 'opt in' later, but that's not clear on that initial sign up page, I agree.

It's being reworked as we speak :)

Thanks for the feedback folks!

Dale

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Followed Turtle's advice, I managed to get registered.

Nice site with a lot to offer.

Who are all the people that have registered prior to today? Or were they users imported from another forum user database?

Is this based on a previously existing forum platform, or is it coded from scratch. (I manage a couple of forums in my spare time. Always looking out for something different/useful.)

Will we see some of those features (blogs, social networking) make their way into EO?

Again,
looks nice!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I went to it ..... the first thing I noticed were three recruitment ads at the top of the page from expedite carriers (including mine) ..... bringing the "expedite gospel" to the OTR crowd. After that I closed browser window.

Sometimes what is in OTM's best interest, isn't necessarily in my best interest.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Will we see some of those features (blogs, social networking) make their way into EO?

Again,
looks nice!

Yes, we have several upgrades coming to the EO community. The first feature and it is already completed is blogs. We hope to launch after the New Year.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Sometimes what is in OTM's best interest, isn't necessarily in my best interest.

Sorry you feel that way.

We do what we think is in the best interest of the expedited trucking industry. Been doing that since 1999...but I think you knew that already.

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I went to it ..... the first thing I noticed were three recruitment ads at the top of the page from expedite carriers (including mine) ..... bringing the "expedite gospel" to the OTR crowd. After that I closed browser window.

Ok, I give. What is OTM? oriental time machine, over the mud

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Bottom of the screen...

ExpeditersOnline.Com Copyright © 1999-2008 On Time Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. ExpeditersOnline.com ® is a registered trademark of On Time Media, LLC

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's "OTR", goober! As in:

Over The River
& through the woods
To the shipper's place we go
To pick up the freight
That can't be late
Not even for a tow!
(Cause we're expediters, you know) :cool:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Never mind...... I saw the OTR, but not the OTM.....:eek:
And I'm in a goofball kind of mood today Must be the sunshine & palm trees.....:D