It's a Team's Life
Sometimes what looks like a Loss might really be a Win
What first might sound like a cheap load could actually be the load that will benefit you.
· A load that will get you home instead of deadheading
· A load that gets you to a better area
· A load that is backed up by another load
· A load that helps an agent out that will remember your Yes when they needed the help
· Averaging rate per mile – If your rate per mile is way up and this load is the icing on the cake why not take it if it meets the other criteria of putting you in a good place
· A weekend load when you would normally be sitting
Listening and thinking outside of the box can often help your bottom line and keep your income stream flowing. Saying I won’t run for those cheap rates without hearing the whole story could possibly cut you out of some decent income.
This past week reminded me of this when an agent called with what sounding like a poor load but as he kept talking and I realized he was talking about two loads all of the sudden the loads became very profitable.
What made me start thinking of this was an article I read from a writer I really admire. There is no doubt in my mind that someday I will be able to say I knew you when. In Sean’s story, he talks about letting ego get in the way of profit and I wonder sometimes if that is what we do when we say “I, won't haul cheap freight” without looking at the whole picture. Here is a link to Sean Lyden article Never Let Your Ego Get in the Way of Your Wallet
Bob & Linda Caffee
Saint Louis MO
Expediters since January 2005
Expediting isn't just trucking, it's a lifestyle;
Expediting isn't just a lifestyle, it's an adventure;
Expediting isn't just an adventure, it's a job;
Expediting isn't just a job, it's a business.