It's a Team's Life
I want to be an Expediter!
Your mind is made up that you want to be an expediter what now? Give yourself enough time to prepare and get your life in order so that you can be away from home for months at a time.
· Expenses – Work at getting everything paid off. Become very familiar with online banking and can use their bill pay feature. Streamline your bills so that they are paid automatically.
· Unneeded Items - Do you have a lot of toys, vehicles, or items you will not have much time for once in a truck?
· House - Is your house high maintenance? If so who will take care of it while you are gone? Can you make your house less high maintenance or maybe consider moving to something that will not require you to do a lot of maintenance when you go get home?
· Plants – Give away any houseplants you have or anything that needs watering as you will not be there to care for them.
· Clothing – Think about living in a tiny home and bulky clothing takes up too much space, layering works best. You will also be using a public laundry and your clothing needs to be easy to care for.
· Mail – Can someone pick up your mail for you? You might need to look at renting a large mailbox. Signing up for this service helps to know what mail has been delivered – USPS Informed Delivery at https://www.usps.com/
· Budget Book – create a book that you can take with you on the road to help keep track of payments. My book has our monthly bills noted for each month and the bills that we pay quarterly or once a year are noted on the month they are due. Paying late fees is like throwing away money.
· Garage Sale or donating items is a great way to declutter the house and make life a lot easier for when you come home after being away for a month or two.
We have found that the less we have to worry about what is happening at our home the more peace of mind we have. When we do get home the last thing we want to do is have a lot to care for. First, the truck is taken care of and cleaned out and then it is time to relax and enjoy our home time.
Bob & Linda Caffee
Saint Louis MO
Expediters since January 2005
Expediting isn't just trucking, it's a lifestyle;
Expediting isn't just a lifestyle, it's an adventure;
Expediting isn't just an adventure, it's a job;
Expediting isn't just a job, it's a business.