You've been where?

jbolton

Seasoned Expediter
Was watching american chopper and they needed something sent overnight, and it got me thinking. Has anyone delivered to a special place like a movie studio, mtv, any place thats been on tv?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We have delivered to a movie production facility in New York City and a large movie studio in Los Angeles.

The New York delivery was frozen pizza dough to be used in making a TV ad for a major food company. The other was a nearly-finished movie that had post-production work done on it in New York, where we picked it up. We hauled it to LA where final work would be done on it before it went out to theaters. Our shipper's name appeared in the movie credits.

We have seen movie studio buildings on TV and in some movies. It was quite the experience to drive onto those very same lots ourselves. That's part of the fun of this job. You get to see things ordinary tourists never see.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
how about all the lighting for AC DC concert,hauled their equipment for 6 weeks back in the Roberts Express dayss,

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I once delivered some brake fluid reservoirs, well the unfinished casting for the base to a place in Warren, MI. The finished product went into the Chevrolet pickup and that pickup was featured in a television commercial. So the part I hauled may have been in the truck that might have been in the commercial that most likely was shown on television.

On September 11, 2001 I hauled some respirator filter canister things from St. Paul, MN to Chicago as part of a transfer. The final destination was New York City. So for every news clip of 9-11 rescue workers wearing a respirator, I may have hauled the filter within. To this day I have never, ever been asked for an autograph.

I am certainly glad I had cell phone service form 3 different carriers, satellite phone, Qual Com, U.S. maps, individual state maps, city maps, braille maps, 2 different GPS systems, a Benrus Citation Chronometer, PC Miler and extra underwear for that historic delivery.

Oh yea, I delivered some Nautilus equipment to several time Tour de France winner, Greg LaMond. The little twerp stole my pen.

Embrace the mundane, I know I do.

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Delivered audio equipment for Daughtry where he was performing at the Great American Rodeo in Dallas. Just recently dropped some stage props at Sony Studios for something called the Pangaea Day Event. The set up looked pretty cool.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
CO2 cannisters to a rock band. I guess they were going to use it to make the smoke or some effects. Sorry if I can't remember the name of the band. Someone told me they're well known but I'm not much into the newer rock and I don't know the bands. It was a cross town run that paid pretty well.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I once hauled about a dozen cases of bananas to the set of "Mighty Joe Young." It wasn't to the studio though. Most of it was filmed on a farm in Thousand oaks, CA. Because of the nature of expedited freight, you'll eventually end up some place to some event that is being filmed, or has some "celebrity" involvement. Give it some time. :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I took some audio equipment to Aspen, Colorado, a few months ago, to the X Games - that was a pretty cool one. (Freezing, actually:rolleyes:) It took a long time to get unloaded, so I got to wander around the Aspen Inn a bit, & see some of the downhill skiers in action.
I thought about showing off a bit, but I guess I was blinded by the snow glare - I couldn't find the bunny slope anywhere! :cool:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back in my Big Truck Days, I spent 8 months With The Charlie Daniels Band,Hauling Sound Equipment Every 6 weeks He Flew us Home for a few Days.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hauled Gold Rope to Norfolk Naval Base for a Presidential Ceremony. (I think christening a new Carrier

Drove onto the floor of the Super Dome and loaded band equipment for The group CREED. Took it to their next venue in Va.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Last year we carried a large box from Chicago, IL. to the MGM Studios in Burbank, CA. Very interesting delivery indeed, We were surprised at the security level they had in place.
Have no idea what we were carrying, BOL stated "ELECTRONICS" and the box was covered with "FRAGILE" stickers.
We saw no Movie Stars to my knowledge but then they do look different out of makeup. Did see lots of kool cars though, one "56" Chevy that was beyond show quality. Lots of BMW and Mercedes.

Oh yeah, I did buy a Coke from the guy running around on a Golf cart with an Ice chest on the back. I ask him how much for the Coke and he said "Whatever I wanted to pay", so I gave him 2 bucks, He looked at me like I had insulted the H out of him and drove off. Guess I'm not up on the value of COKE in Hollywood!!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Last year we carried a large box from Chicago, IL. to the MGM Studios in Burbank, CA. Very interesting delivery indeed, We were surprised at the security level they had in place.

Some of the tightest security I ever saw was at breweries.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We took the A/V equipment for the German Ice skating team from Atlantic City to St. John's NF. We watched them skate and then loaded each team members things as they came off the ice. We have have run some much better more interesting high profile runs but I would have to kill you if I told you about them!! LOL. Layoutshooter

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I delivered an expensive collection to Clive Cussler's home at the top of a mountain in Colorado. It was prior to my trucking days but that's my only delivery to someone famous. In that same career we had many celebrities in the store. He has a beautiful home and is very nice. His wife is a lovely person as well. You'd never know he's other than just a regular guy.

Last edited:

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Seasons worth of athletic tape to the BC Lions, and heating mats for Nicole Kidman's NYC condo. (although UPS took them most of the way)

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Well delivered several cases of imported wine to Geddy Lee (famous rock musician). I also delivered Farley Mowats (cdn author) luggage to him after he was refused entry to a foreign country for whatever reason and he came back on one flight and luggage on another. Delivered the lighting used on one hundred huntley st (religious tv show). Delivered prototype auto transmission pumps to ford tranny plant in Livonia.
Trying to remember so many others... been in the business too long....
Rob.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
spent an evening with a friend of mine and john force [nhra funny car] in phoenix, az delivering stuff to his new house and the next day to the kodaks house with one heck of a hang over. force likes his beer he showed up with a pickup and a cooler a big cooler. halled disney on ice in 2005 for several shows and hg tv location equipment