your wildest invention.

termite289

Expert Expediter
if you fabricate the parts, its your baby. if you went to the 5th wheel camper rv dealer and bought all the parts, and just put them together, then its someone else's.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
i didn't think it was going to earn me a patten, or millions, or id never have posted it here ;)

"when you least expect it, ill make you smile"...god

Did you mean General Patton or pattent? Sorry, I had to pull a classical turtle on you there. Well, most of all pattents never actually make it to production according to statistics. Also, if you have a very lucrative invention but you do not have the cash to hire a lawyer, larger corporations will come in, challenge your pattent, and then take it from you. It can cost up to 250 thousand dollars to defend your pattent in court, now imagine if three corporations challenged the validity of your pattent. Chances are you will just give up and they will take your idean any how.

But, then again, you can always file for a provisional pattent if you feel that you have a good idea. With a provisional pattent I think you have a years time to build a prototype and draw up a formal pattent. This is good because it establishes the date and time that you came up with the idea. So, if a corporation tries to say you have stolen their idea, you can show proof that you had the idea before they did.

My greatest invention will be a truck that can drive itself!! But for now, i'll just stick with putting my truck on cruise control before I head into the sleeper to make my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
if you fabricate the parts, its your baby. if you went to the 5th wheel camper rv dealer and bought all the parts, and just put them together, then its someone else's.

no it's cool either way most the the sleeper/RV producersout there are using off the shelf stuff to make there product nobody builds anything from sratch ...it's like saying to make an apple pie from scrath you have to be a god and creat an apple tree first

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wish someone would invent an umbrella for the truck roof - retractable and tilting, to shade the truck from the sun and shake off excess snow in the winter :cool:

Saturnista

Seasoned Expediter
Another Idea I had, not really an invention as the technology is available, but install ALPR (Advanced License Plate Recognition) cameras on school buses, and have them snap pictures front and rear of every car that passes a school bus when the stop sign is extended, and mail the offenders tickets. People object to red light cameras, and speed cameras, but people that almost ran over your kid? Who's going to protest that one?
I think it would be a great idea, and if became standard on all US school buses no one would dare pass one that is letting kids off the bus with the stop sign out.

I sometimes wish I had ALPR cameras installed in Fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars for the idiots who come to a complete stop and block emergency vehicles responding with lights and siren because they had a complete brain fart and thought the best thing to do was come to a complete stop and block the intersection. I actually had to arrest someone once for refusing to sign a ticket for failure to yield to a fire truck. She pulled out on a no turn on red, in front of a fire truck responding lights and siren, and the fire truck hit her. The firefighters stayed just long enough to make sure she wasn't injured, then left to continue to the call. I had been following the fire truck and stopped with the woman. She got ****ed when I started writing her a ticket, and then she refused to sign it. She felt that she was the victim and I should be writing the firefighter a ticket, even though I pointed out the no turn on red sign she ignored, and that the truck had it's lights and siren on. So she spent the night in jail and her car got towed to impound. She went to court and told the judge that I should have wrote the firefighters for felony hit and run. The Judge laughed her right out of court.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
We're building a small house in southern La. where you'd only get a handful of cold days a
year and we've been wondering if having a heating system installed is worth it.

We're having a tankless water system in stalled and when termite mentioned the automotive heater cores as a heat source it gave me an idea!....

I had a Dodge van with an aux. heater installed towards the rear which was a metal box
with a heater core in it and it had a small fan to blow out the heat...it worked really good
onece the thermostat opened.....Hmmmmm...I wonder if something like that would work
if nothing more than a way to cut down on heating cost.

After all that real hot water will be traveling through the pipes any way why not use it? the only thing I'd be concerned about would be water purity at the tap

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
I was thinking that straight trucks should be lower to the ground by 18". This would improve mileage and definitely clearance. So you show up to a dock 18" below the four foot height. How to fix? Have two, three or more sets of hydraulic support legs that would raise and lower the entire truck. Would also make changing a tire or other work much simpler. This thought came after four weeks out so please consider the sleep ( and other) deprivation(s) when commenting.

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
I know this may sound stupid, and certainly a little more down to earth than some of your ideas, but . . .

My mother-in-law is a terrible passenger in the car, which made me think up a really cool "gag gift". How about an imaginary brake that can be installed on the passenger side. It could really have springs and feel like a real brake pedal. It could help to sooth the nerves of the nervous passenger by giving them a little false control over the vehicle. It could be sold at truck stops, gas stations, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

What a great present at Christmas!

termite289

Expert Expediter
I know this may sound stupid, and certainly a little more down to earth than some of your ideas, but . . .

My mother-in-law is a terrible passenger in the car, which made me think up a really cool "gag gift". How about an imaginary brake that can be installed on the passenger side. It could really have springs and feel like a real brake pedal. It could help to sooth the nerves of the nervous passenger by giving them a little false control over the vehicle. It could be sold at truck stops, gas stations, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

What a great present at Christmas!

rather than an extra brake pedal, just get her a gag. lol i think it might be more fun

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Not sure if this is an invention but I thought up a way for a 12v air conditioner run from an ice cooler. Works great and will keep inside of your vehicle, van, truck, etc cool. Im sure someone out there had dreamed of it also. But I thought it up and made me one a little while back. Thought about making 2 more and help cool down the house with it. Maybe put the air conditioner on 76-78 and turn both the homemade a/c one at each end of the house and should be good to go and be cheaper on the wallet.