Your Opinion Please!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
BD, you need to do your homework before you spew your wisdom. Tony has nothing to gain by defending the big companies, as he owns his own company. Geez :(

trhoades

Expert Expediter
I work for Rodriguez out of Taylor, MI. I also like the small company feel for the reasons mentioned above. Plus, I like to be able to know who exactly to scream at when/if they screw something up.;) Fortunately, for them, it doesn't happen much.

In addition, they have always been pretty honest with me. I am home alot more with them, and I'm still paying my bills. Finally, I get to see the country and get paid for it. What more could I ask for.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Teacel: Don't matter if you run into a "my glass is half full" type or a "my glass is half empty" type, most will still expect YOU to do the walking over there to fill it up.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
HI
Settlement is always more than what I figured it would be and always on time.Do what I want when I want with no guestions ask.With P2

kempers_gramp

Expert Expediter
Well it seems to me that there aren't any Tri-State drivers or O/O's that visit this web site, unfortunately. I have so far been mostly pleased. They keep me running for the most part, usually sitting only a few hours, unless a weekend happens. I think you all know what I mean. They have advanced me money several times to repair my truck when I was "a little short on cash". They have taught me that the term "freight lanes" does not apply to a team operation, as I have traveled 44 of the 48 contiguous states with no more than a couple of days wait even outside the "freight lanes". Some of these waits were welcome as we were exhausted anyway and needed a break, even if it was in San Francisco.(got to do some sight seeing to).
They pay on time everytime.
Some of the complaints I have however are listed below.
1. At no time will they double load me.
2. They only pay $1.15 per loaded mile, and 20 cents per empty after the first 50.
3. Dispatchers sometimes take it personally when you refuse a marginal at best load.
4. Their contractor relations personel work for the company, not the O/Os.
5. They very seldom will use a LTL to move a truck, and only usually after a truck has been sitting 24 hrs. or more, even if it is in a "bad area". Speaking as a solo driver.
6. The majority of the runs are not actual miles, usually off by an average of 8% to the short side.
7. Nothing is negotiable, on occasion they will spring for a hotel room at $45.00 max., or pay the tolls for a run to the east, or around Chicago.
8. You as a contractor are expected to "do what it takes to make the customer happy", even if it includes having the delivery time changed in the middle of the run, as supposedly their contracts state to the customers. So you may have to sit an additional 5 hrs. to unload, while not being compensated whatsoever.

9. You may be placed in the "PENALTY BOX" by a disgruntal dispatcher because you did'nt take a run they thought you should, or you asked that they not change the delivery time, or he or she is during that time of the month.(having a bad day).

What the H E double tooth pick is a "PENALTY BOX"?
and who are they to mess with your source of income and life and put you there?x(

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We team drive with FedEx Custom Critical and stay happy as pigs in a waller. They keep us busy with interesting freight and we have never had a conversation with anyone in payroll.

I'm glad you didn't ask for complaints as we don't have any.

Vernon in C2197

C5BILL

Expert Expediter
>We team drive with FedEx Custom Critical and stay happy as
>pigs in a waller. They keep us busy with interesting freight
>and we have never had a conversation with anyone in payroll.
>
>I'm glad you didn't ask for complaints as we don't have any.
>
>Vernon in C2197

Me Toooooooooooooo, except, I'm solo and don't know what a waller is. B4257

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We team drive with FedEx Custom Critical and stay happy as
>pigs in a waller. They keep us busy with interesting freight
>and we have never had a conversation with anyone in payroll.
>
>I'm glad you didn't ask for complaints as we don't have any.
>
>Vernon in C2197

Us toooooooooooooo and we do know a waller is!!!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
No real complaints with our Company, sure make alot more than we did with the last one we drove for. Our pay is within fifty bucks of what we expect, sometimes higher sometimes lower but most of the time right on the money.

What did you mean "the last company" Leo?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm at home now to pick up a new truck. I'm going to place it at another company and do a comparison for a few months. The current truck stays where it is and will be driven for me. Since I'll be driving the new one elsewhere I used the phrase last company.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unless something unexpected happens it will be Landstar.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

bcurt

Expert Expediter
I guess I will have to reply on the right side O/O, also politically.I currently lease to two small companies, that both allow me to do this... Both have that family atmosphere, a welliness to teach a newbie like myself... Lets hope their patience doesn't run out... With any luck the Spin stops here..... Bcurt