Your ideas

Marty

Veteran Expediter
The Teamster's strike in 1979 followed by the Independent Tucker's strike later that year showed that trucker strikes don't work in America. The Teamster strike accomplish very little after the Auto companies in Detroit laid off hundreds of thousand of auto workers, blaming the layoffs on the Teamster strike. The subsequent anger by the auto workers and the public in general put pressure on the Teamsters to settle their labor dispute with little gain.
The Independent Truckers strike later that year saw no support from the teamster since the independents didn't support the Teamsters strike. Marred by violence and fuel pumps being blocked at many truck stops and gas stations, public opposition to the Independents grew rapidly. Governors in twenty states sent out National Guard units to protect company drivers and non striking independents who were still delivering freight. Without Teamster support this strike was doomed.
President Carter's actions to curb the rise of fuel prices assuaged the impetus of most independents to strike. Soon the Independent's Strike faded into oblivion.
Without a united front any trucker's strike could never accomplish much. In a society in which me and mine matter and you and yours don't, there is little chance of unity. In a country in which the cultural norm is "each to his own self interest", unions have no future and strikes are futile.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I do not listen to Rush or Beck which seems to be a one liner you use every time someone says some conspiracy is bogus. The ability to find some lunatic that wrote a blog when you Google something gives it no credibility. What are your RELIABLE sources of information that you get these ideas from? How do you know he isn't an agoraphobic living in his parents basement possibly with a cat?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Not an Agroraphobic im a Futurist...im not going to debate Google with someone who gets there news from Sean Hannity and Wolfe Blitzer..they make some detox that can help get the flouride out of your system.

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Not an Agroraphobic im a Futurist...im not going to debate Google with someone who gets there news from Sean Hannity and Wolfe Blitzer..they make some detox that can help get the flouride out of your system.

LOL< thats funny stuff right there...Paul sayes he doesn't listen to Rush or Beck, so instead of backing up your own position, you try and belittle Paul by now claiming his opinions come fron 2 other Conservative "entertainers"...LOL...:D...

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
LOL< thats funny stuff right there...Paul sayes he doesn't listen to Rush or Beck, so instead of backing up your own position, you try and belittle Paul by now claiming his opinions come fron 2 other Conservative "entertainers"...LOL...:D...

Conservative, Liberal, CNN or Fox..its all entertainment for the heavily intoxicated who cant think for themselves.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Conservative, Liberal, CNN or Fox..its all entertainment for the heavily intoxicated who cant think for themselves.

You seem to be the one who buys into every wacky conspiracy theory out there. Seems obvious who can't think for themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

LOL, and again, the "support" to back up your "position" is where??? LOL, typical though, can't back it up, so call names and try and spin and smear...LOL...

PS:, it really is juat simple to say, "those are "MY" opinions and be done with it...everyone is entitled to their own opinions....

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter

I'm not saying you are an agoraphobic, I was wondering how you know the person you are getting your ideas from is credible and not a lunatic. I do not listen to Hannity or Blitzer either, the one mainstream person I listen to is Larry Kudlow, other than that I read different articles and form my own opinion. Who are you getting your information from that makes them so much more credible?

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
If you are unhappy with your station in life become a Man.

I am a man and Im glad I have the balls to say my opinions out loud in a forum with my fellow brothers...Ill never be afraid of giving my opinion as long as Its America I live in...If you think Ill be afraid or scared or worried that some wont like it, MOVE TO SYRIA

As far as the SOAPBOX I think sometimes MEN should be able to discuss matters among themselves and be honest about what there thinking...as we all her do quite often...

I show up for work everyday, deliver my loads on time and earn a good living for the companies I work for and wouldnt jeaopardize that, but If I cant say whats on my heart and mind,,,Im not in America any longer.....and if someone gets scared and believes they cant speak out in this country I fell sorry for you because you are truly the SHEEPLE..
Read it again.

Independents striking and rebelling against a law of nature (supply and demand) is a wasted effort. The hippie generation learned from their teachers that activist demonstrations made little lasting impact. Become the Man was the lesson, and here we are today. That lesson came from industry and free market capitalism. If you aren't happy with how things work, stomping around in a circle with puffed up chests is wasted effort. Start a company and DO something about it. On this topic I think many of the disgruntled individuals would then find that the enemy isn't who and where they think it is.

eb

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have been self employed since 1987 I wont call them enemies but i know whats going on. i will post more as soon as my wounds heal from the previous. B.T.W. Whats A sheeple?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I'm not saying you are an agoraphobic, I was wondering how you know the person you are getting your ideas from is credible and not a lunatic. I do not listen to Hannity or Blitzer either, the one mainstream person I listen to is Larry Kudlow, other than that I read different articles and form my own opinion. Who are you getting your information from that makes them so much more credible?

Im just stating my opinions from following current events...as soon as i get a laptop, i will post some links to back up my "theories"

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you need to post links to back up your theories, then they're not really your theories. If you need to post links in order to say, "See? Other people believe this, toooo!", then your justification is swallowed up in a logical fallacy.

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Expediting has made me agoraphobic. Every time I drop a load and go to a truck stop to wait for my next load I get an abnormal fear of never escaping and being stuck in a seemingly hopeless situation.
After sitting for a whole week again without a load and little hope of paying my van payment this month, agoraphobic feelings are arising from the bottom pit of my stomach.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im just stating my opinions from following current events...as soon as i get a laptop, i will post some links to back up my "theories"

You posted a link prior to this statement but then state you need to wait for a laptop to post a link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Expediting has made me agoraphobic. Every time I drop a load and go to a truck stop to wait for my next load I get an abnormal fear of never escaping and being stuck in a seemingly hopeless situation.
After sitting for a whole week again without a load and little hope of paying my van payment this month, agoraphobic feelings are arising from the bottom pit of my stomach.

Kinda sounds like you may want to consider taking another look at how you setup your business plan...and maybe look for a different carrier....

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

WOW, and I get upset with only 4 runs in a week.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

paullud

Veteran Expediter

So you are saying you just believe what some lunatic posts on his site, you are the definition of sheeple. Those websites are fueled by wild, unsubstantiated ideas that people just concoct on their own, like the idea that Pepsi uses aborted fetuses as a secret ingredient.