Your first time

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm referring to the first time you went to a concert, in case you thought otherwise...The other music-oriented threads have been so popular, I just thought here's a chance to show your age, lol.;) My first time was Ray Charles & Gladys Knight, in 1971, and I was hooked on live music from then on - though I believe I've outgrown arena concerts. (I might make an exception for Dire Straits, though)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
My first........Deep Purple. Hey, they are still around.
Imagine that!

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Mine was when I worked security at a Metallica concert in LA. Right up front turned facing the crowd. It was one of those deals were they ask for some marines and sailors to come work security, but it's more like you get in for free.

JnJTeam

Seasoned Expediter
First concert was Metallica 1996 in Tampa. Awsome seats and the 25min nonstop jam on various songs from their first three albums was intense. They still kicked a$$ then and had not completely sold out. Course I was shocked to see the joint being passed down the row as I was a sheltered youth when growing up :D. I let it pass right by without even touching it however I was paranoid as he!! when I had to go through a DUI checkpoint on the way home!!! The best concert I've ever been to was Montgomery Gentry in 2003. Small venue with front row seats. They rock live. I've been to see Huey Lewis & The News several times at Universal Orlando. They are a pretty good live band... Same with Hootie & The Blowfish.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
First concert was at Walt Disney World. Back in the 70's, they would have concerts on the weekends. Wouldn't anyone just kill to see K.C & the Sunshine Band? :p
Best almost first concert, was Charlie Daniels Band at the Naval Base in Charleston, SC.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
My first concert was the Sex Pistols. but my FAVORITE is the Beach Boys. They are always AWESOME live.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Don't remember the exact year ..... woulda had to at least been around '74 or '75 ..... since I drove.

Was the Rolling Stones at the Rubber Bowl in Akron.

The opening act was a small, relatively unknown (outside the Midwest) band called The James Gang .... with some guy named Joe Walsh.

randb

Expert Expediter
My first time was 1974. I was 18 years old and had never been to a concert. I don't recall how I decided to go to this particular concert or why. It was in Flint, Michigan (my home town), at in I.M.A Auditorium, downtown. The main act was Joe Walsh and the James Gang.
I had heard Joe Walsh albums and this was probably why I bought a ticket. The backup band however was a complete unknown to me, and I didn't expect much. The I.M.A. was not a huge place. I think it held 5-6 thousand people. I had floor seats about halfway back and was just taking in the whole experience. Then the bright lights went down and the stage lights came on in a strange red and yellow glow. And this huge booming voice came over the Load speaker " And now, from Boston, just released their new album, GET YOUR WINGS, AEROSMITH"!
By the time Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and the boys were done, they had brought the house down. 2 oncores and the crowd booed Joe Walsh when he finally came on.
Like they say, you never forget your first time. And for some of us, it never gets any better.

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My first concert was at the Akron Rubber Bowl ( summer of 69 I think )
We went to see the Rolling Stones.
What a great show they put on.
The energy level needed to be placarded.
Oh I almost foregot.......... the opening act was
Stevie Wonder.
That was my first time really hearing him and I became
a fan that night.
Dave
D6847
Fedex Cc WG

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was either Rod Stewart and the Faces or Elton John. After 35 years, I just can't recall which came first. I do recall the ticket prices, $4.50! Rod Stewart had Badfinger and some other band opening. During set change there was the "Rock n Roll Circus". The highlight was some guy hanging by his hair from the ceiling of the Chrisler Arena.