Your best, longest streak of on time service!

fortwayne

Not a Member
While I have not been at this as long as alot of people on this site I have taken great pride in my service to our customers.
I have been on time with all my pickups and dropoffs since I have started.
Now, I have been able to do this without getting pulled over and issued a ticket, not even a warning.
So - lets have a little fun today!
What is the longest you have went, without getting a ticket, but making your pickups and dropoffs on time.
Is it 2 or 3 loads in a row, is it 15, 20 - maybe much much higer.
Come on - - - share your glory, tell us how many loads you have picked up and dropped off in a row without being late AND maybe tell us your secret.
By the way, Happy Father's Day, to all you dads out there!

Fort Wayne
Boycott The Flyless J!

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Bro man I went 10 years perfect till I jumped in the "car" to get a truck..
81 in a 70!!!!
Late is not an option "ever" and we have never been same.
We have abused the 15 min window twice in 2.5 years but we cannot accept a tardy..
PS.. Happy Fathers Day
Mike and Cyn

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never been responsible for being late. Period. As mrgoodtude said, it's just not an option. It's what I do and I just don't feel the need to pat myself on the back for doing what's expected. Picking up at point A and delivering at point B in a timely manner is what we do and is really a simple thing.

If I'm offered an unreasonable time frame, I make it clear that I won't be held responsible before I accept the load. If there's a snowstorm and the resulting road conditions and traffic tie-ups cause a problem, that's certainly not the fault of the driver.

I've had one ticket since I've been in the biz, and it was while I wasn't under a load. Just a moment of inattention when I wasn't even in a hurry. I don't think it's a good idea to risk a ticket. It's not good for me or my company. But, sometimes I will push it a bit.

Thanks for the "Happy Father's Day" and right back at ya.

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
100% on time...100% safety...consistently around 80% in service and acceptance in the three years with Panther.No ticket since 1998.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
10+ years in expedite, 1 year company driver and 9 years O/O, 100% on time, 100% safety. Last ticket was in a car in 1980.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So far my only lates were when the road was shut down by emergency vehicles and I was trapped where I sat plus one time due to winter weather. I've never had a late that was not due to outside circumstances. That will be 4 years in 10 weeks.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Been playing this game since dec of '06. 100% on time, even though yesterday I picked up exactly on time and the shipper said I was cutting it close, lol. I've only been late twice, both circumstances were out of my control. Once was 10 hours late on a load from peoria to fountain inn during a bad snowstorm that covered the whole midwest. When I got to the drop spot the clerk was surprised that I made it there. He said that most of the other trucks were still stuck in the snow. The second time I was late was because of Chicago traffic, only 30 mins late.

I was pulled over only once in a small town in IN and was given a warning for a burnt out pass headlight. The headlight had burned out on the freeway 20 mins before and it was late so no parts stores were open.

I take this job seriously because it's what feeds me and pays the truck payment.

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wow, you guys are lucky to be driving some amazing trucks that never break down. I have one service failure in 2005 with a broken fan belt and was 3 hours late for pickup, but ontime for delivery in Albuquerque. Been late a few times due to weather but that don't count. Never been late for oversleeping or a late start to hit the road. Lost a fuel pump in 2002 and was charged with service failure also. Thats it since 1999.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never been late due to Equipment Failure, The Weather has Slowed me down a few times and 1 Not at Fault Accident,

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
It is not never having breakdowns...it is never having breakdowns under a load. There have been times we have nursed a truck to a consigneee and then went immediately to Freightliner. Alos it helps to pretty much always be ahead of schedule because when we have that tire that needs repaced or minor repair we have time to stop and still make delivery. Pre-trips and post-trips = my friend. Check engine lights and codes = friend. There was the time we were nailed on the highway in barstow ca by a pair of tandems......about 45k damage later and towed to the repait facility soemone had to come get our trailer.....since it was not our fault we were not late....but man ...can tandem tires bounce at 90 mph.

-charlotte

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Let's see... since 1990 (been driving longer) I've had two tickets, once doing a run in new truck (it went goooood, compared to buggy it replaced), second after dropping on way to truckstop, they changed the speed limit for 1/4 mile stretch of road 2 weeks earlier and were enforcing it. Late deliveries, not many but due to weather or road closures (accidents etc), worst was going to Thunder Bay road closed for 18 hours (I back tracked and went around 100 mile add on to trip) but I beat the other load coming from Wisconsin (same problem - snow storm). Otherwise since 1990 I've had one of the best on time, availability records for all companies I've been with and usually am in the top 5 earners (if that says anything about performance) (have a pride problem with doing a good job)

Rob Fis

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Made a pick one time in Boston, going to Elkhart, Ia, got to the delivery in plenty of time, but, no such address or, company in town. Or, for that matter, even in the County. Called the customer and advised that I needed some help with a contact phone number that they might have for the customer, called the customer, and, they were in Elkhart, IN. Shipper had the BOL wrong right down to the wrong ZIP. Needless to say, we were bout eleven hours late on that one.

redhotxpress

Seasoned Expediter
100% on-time p/u and delivery for 33 months in expediting and 4 yrs OTR. Planning ahead for fuel stops and staying ahead of schedule is the key. We like to p/u early if possible and that gives us more time on the load for any problems such as traffic back-ups. Also we use Co-pilot 9 GPS which can automatically re-route you in case the road is shut down due to accident, contruction or rush hour traffic.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Back in 1957 I was driving to college. I got 2 speeding tickets within about 2 weeks. Coming home from my first two weeks of expediting I got a warning speeding ticket. I never had a late delivery. I had two late pick ups. One of them I was so lost they pulled me off the load. Then I bought a GPS.
:+ :+

flatbedin

Seasoned Expediter
I think being on time is a "given" not good customer service..

If you bump a dock and use your pallet jack to pull of 12 skids for them because their busy.. Well then that might be called "good customer service".. I just call it being smart..

You have to remember that your CARRIER is you ultimate customer.. I would be more intested in seeing the number for load acceptance or out of service hours.. Those numbers seperate the "customer driven" from the "non customer" driven..

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
We were once late. We had a Friday p/u in Savannah with a Saturday morning delivery in Huntsville, Al. We didn't make it to the delivery until Tuesday. Our carrier was so happy that we made the delivery that they sent kudos and paid a motel bill.

Back around '92-93, we were entering Alabama while westbound on I-20. We stopped at the first rest area in AL and was told by the attendant that the road to the west was closed due to snow. We scoffed at the comment and headed out. We made it about two exits and were nearly instantly overwhelmed by the huge, wet snow flakes that preceeded one of the worst blizzards ever to hit the area. We were fortunate to make to Nobles Truckstop in Tallapoosa, Al where we spent the next three nites. We were one of the last vehicles to enter the T/S as there were a couple of jacknifed T/T's blocking the on and off ramps; no one in, no one out. It was quite an ordeal.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Two and half years, only times I have ever been late have been out of my control WEATHER.

Both times Fancy Gap shut down for ICE. Once delivering in Columbia SC on a Sat AM, the other time over near Florence at the Honda facility.

Even got locked up on the Gourge once when one truck tried to pass another, not a good idea when they both went into the side of the rocks, took 3 hours to clear the road and was still right on time. Thank goodness I fueled before the PU.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
A few weeks ago we got dispatched for a good load out of SC. We were sitting with a bunch of other PII trucks on a Saturday night. In total there were three trucks dispatched for that customer with the same pickup time. We all got the load offers within two or three minutes of each other.

The distance to the shipper was 20 miles, picking up around 01:45, which gave us about an hour and a quarter to get there. We were first to get there, about 01:15, next truck got there 15 minutes later, still on time. The third truck got there at around four o'clock in the morning.

Whats up with that?