You WILL vote in the next election

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup but I would have to go in the booth with you to make sure your voting my direction.
245/75/19 ? not a very popular tire.

I could wear my blindman sunglasses and you could accompany me into the booth as my seeing eye person.

Tire size should read: 245/75R16

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I could wear my blindman sunglasses and you could accompany me into the booth as my seeing eye person.

Tire size should read: 245/75R16

That could work.
o.k. 16s much better i guess you want them to be LTs and not Ps

dalejrroks

Active Expediter
I write this with no intentions to offend anyone. Just my honest and blunt opinion.

With all that is wrong in this country and the world in fact today, this is an issue? It should be obvious this would never happen. It would be like if they tried to outlaw firearms and said they are going to confiscate them all. There are not enough willing police or military personnel to do it. Not to mention the hornet nest they would be kicking to even try. It's just not realistic. Voting is a right and just like any other right it is up to you if you want to exercise that right or not. There are far more important things to get worked up about then this. I think they put out a story like this to the press to get people all worked up when they do not want you to see something else they are trying to get passed. When you see a story like this read between the lines, check left then right, and watch your mirrors. I have not voted for any presidential candidate in a very long time. Why? Simple there has not been one worth voting for and choosing the lesser of two evils isn't a win in my book. HBO put out a show called The Newsroom don't know if anyone has watched it but I will include a link to the opening scene for it. If a candidate said what this guy said and truly believed it and truly wanted to fix it. That is the guy or gal I would vote for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw

Sorry for the rant. This is the reason I try to avoid political discussions.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have not voted for any presidential candidate in a very long time. Why? Simple there has not been one worth voting for and choosing the lesser of two evils isn't a win in my book.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good but it is a lie. You have voted. Everyone votes in every election, just not in the way Obama suggested. You have voted for the greater evil in every election unless you voted against the greater evil. So, you are an Obama voter and an Obama supporter, by choice, by abstaining from being against him.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I write this with no intentions to offend anyone. Just my honest and blunt opinion.

With all that is wrong in this country and the world in fact today, this is an issue? It should be obvious this would never happen. It would be like if they tried to outlaw firearms and said they are going to confiscate them all. There are not enough willing police or military personnel to do it. Not to mention the hornet nest they would be kicking to even try. It's just not realistic. Voting is a right and just like any other right it is up to you if you want to exercise that right or not. There are far more important things to get worked up about then this. I think they put out a story like this to the press to get people all worked up when they do not want you to see something else they are trying to get passed. When you see a story like this read between the lines, check left then right, and watch your mirrors. I have not voted for any presidential candidate in a very long time. Why? Simple there has not been one worth voting for and choosing the lesser of two evils isn't a win in my book. HBO put out a show called The Newsroom don't know if anyone has watched it but I will include a link to the opening scene for it. If a candidate said what this guy said and truly believed it and truly wanted to fix it. That is the guy or gal I would vote for.

No need to worry about offending anybody. Most of us respect other points of view. IMO anyway.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I believe you nailed it: "stories" like this are meant to stir fake outrage, [and it works] in order to distract attention from what is actually being accomplished by legislators - and it works at that, too.
Bravo for the vid clip, couldn't have said it better. "We are number one in just 3 categories: number of people incarcerated, number of people who believe in angels, and defense spending."
That's exceptional, all right, but not in a good way, IMO.

Reactions: greasytshirt