You gotta do it or go to jail

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Surprised he is not supported by the gay community. Nothing more than reverse discrimination.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
When I read the article about this I wasn't surprised in any sense. The fact that the LGBT community only want equal rights according to them but there willing to step on anyone else's rights (christians). The person who wrote the article I read said something that made a lot of sense. " Do you ever notice anytime there is a law passed to be nondiscriminatory against the LGBT community, the christians are the ones discriminated against".

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I read the article about this I wasn't surprised in any sense. The fact that the LGBT community only want equal rights according to them but there willing to step on anyone else's rights (christians). The person who wrote the article I read said something that made a lot of sense. " Do you ever notice anytime there is a law passed to be nondiscriminatory against the LGBT community, the christians are the ones discriminated against".

The "left" has NO PROBLEM discriminating against those they don't like. Like Christians, those who work hard and succeed, own guns, hunt, fish etc. They also have NO PROBLEM using the force of law in impose their way on everyone. If they can't pass the laws, they use the courts or intimidation to get their way.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
True christians do not discriminate against anyone. They follow the bible and beliefs. As for a christian pastor marrying a gay couple that is against christian values nothing to do with discrimination.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Who would someone want person to perform there wedding that is being "forced"...makes no sense. .it's a happy day..just like I would not want someone being " forced " to make the cake...probably end up with a few surprises in it....people would move on..plenty of other people willing to take your $$ with a smile...

Last edited:

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Who would want someone to perform there wedding that is being "forced"...makes no sense. .it's a happy day..

I agree. I think in a lot of cases it's not neccessarilly about wanting that person to perform the wedding but more about taking away that persons right to decide they won't do that wedding.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
True christians do not discriminate against anyone. They follow the bible and beliefs. As for a christian pastor marrying a gay couple that is against christian values nothing to do with discrimination.

But religion is discriminating against the gay population. .pushing the religious views on them..denying them legal marriage on the grounds of being against there teachings..
Marriage is 0.0% a religious act..it is a LEGAL CONTRACT..period..I can go see a judge and be LEGALLY married with 0.0 religious involvement. .religious involvement is a choice in a marriage ceremony ..not a requirement ..
I'm not real jazzed about the word god is in my pledge of allegiance. .well religion pushed there way in that one..they are trying real hard in gay marriage to get there way to..

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
People in the article should remember it is No fun having to adhere to someone's else's beliefs .

Last edited:

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Marriage is 0.0% a religious act..it is a LEGAL CONTRACT..period..I can go see a judge and be LEGALLY married with 0.0 religious involvement...

There you go, you said it. Any gay person can go see a judge and that is fine. But they should not be able to force a pastor to marry them or face persecution.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
There you go, you said it. Any gay person can go see a judge and that is fine. But they should not be able to force a pastor to marry them or face persecution.

I dont think anyone is really being forced...there has to be a line in the sand with discrimination. .

jamom123

Expert Expediter
I dont think anyone is really being forced...there has to be a line in the sand with discrimination. .

Yea, there should be a line in the sand. Basically if a pastor doesn't want to do the marriage then they should not suffer any consequences or persecution. Just like the story in this article this man and wife have owned and ran this place in Idaho for over 25 years. So the state of Idaho says gays can legally get married. That's fine but because of the fact that this couple will not perform marriages for gays they will be fined face jail time and most likely lose there 25 year business. That is discrimination against christian values. If they don't want to do gay marriages then they should not have to.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It is NOT a church...It is a business. .read the article I just posted...

The original post is an good example of twisting the facts to fit your agenda. ..

Last edited:

jamom123

Expert Expediter
It doesn't matter if it's a wedding chapel or a bakery shop. The people of these BUSINESSES should not be persecuted for their beliefs. All it amounts to is some people in the LGBT community won't stop until they have forced everyone with christian values to go along with what they want.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Business can not discriminate. .you can call it what you want...
Religion won't stop till everyone thinks and believes like them...not fun is it...religion been forcing there ideas for thousands of years...now the tables are turned...and religion is not happy....

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If anyone has been persecuted it's the gays...let's be honest here....not been good for them...EVER..

for something that is not even there choice..

Last edited:

jamom123

Expert Expediter
If anyone has been persecuted it's the gays...let's be honest here....not been good for them...EVER..

for something that is not even there choice..

Ok, but that doesn't give them the right to force their ways onto others.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Ok, but that doesn't give them the right to force their ways onto others.

Really. .religion ( Christianity ) is best at forcing there ideas...just ask the American Indians...good example of dishing it out ..but can't take it in return. ...