You can't make this stuff up

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thought texting while driving was dangerous? A teenager was walking while texting, and fell through an an open manhole into a Staten Island sewer

The 15 year old was walking with a friend along Victory Blvd. when she suddenly dropped out of site.

Department of Environment Protection (the sewer people) had removed the manhole cover and was in the process of getting orange cones from the DEP truck that was parked right next to the hole when the girl fell in.

She suffered scrapes and bruises on her back and shoulders and under her arms. And apparently quite a bit of mental injury, as the sewer was "putrid" and "gross" and "I lost a shoe down there."

The family is suing.

Not sure who they're gonna sue, tho. The city? The cell phone company? The teenager herself for being, you know, stupid, and not paying attention to where she was walking?

Texting Teen Falls Down Open Manhole - News Video

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you are dumb enough to text while walking you get what you deserve. We can only hope that she will never breed!! :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At least I made you smile....BUT I'll prolly get you worked up in other threads...*LOL* It is called balance....hahaha

Not worked up OVM, you are just keeping me on my toes!! As your instructor leading you from the Dark Side I am required to stay sharp!! :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is ridiculous that they are even allowed to file a suit. The family should have to pay 100% of the court costs, etc. and the lawyer that filed the suit should also have to pay 100% of the court costs etc. with the overage going into the library budget or the parks or some other department that needs funds. Stupidity like that shouldn't be rewarded.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I read the story to my wofe lastnight as she was texting my daughter...when i was reading it to her she got up to walk the the kitchen (she was still texting) and tripped over a fan cord............:rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ya can't make this stuff up. Didja watch the video? The girl thought it was kind of funny, and seemed a little embarrassed, but her mom is all about the money.