"Yes, It's torture"...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Rule .303 was the defense used by Harry Morant on the charge of killing Boers in Kahki. It is referring to the Enfield .303 used in the army at that time.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL!!!!! A failed shock-jock that calls himself "Mancow" has declared waterboarding to be torture! C'mon people, what's left to argue about? Too hilarious...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are correct, OVM, the Convention does NOT cover terrorists, BUT, they want to be treated as POW's when captured. They cannot have it both ways. I have no problem just dropping the scum in thier tracks. Moscow, in the old days, would have taken out the entire middles east, except that they support these scuzballs now and then.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are correct, OVM, the Convention does NOT cover terrorists, BUT, they want to be treated as POW's when captured. They cannot have it both ways. I have no problem just dropping the scum in thier tracks. Moscow, in the old days, would have taken out the entire middles east, except that they support these scuzballs now and then.

Well the Russians always take the opposite position of the US's...It is part of the game...;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, it did sorta work that way. They always did support those kinds of people. Birds of a feather .................. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, it did sorta work that way. They always did support those kinds of people. Birds of a feather .................. :D

Did they really support them? or the Game? They would have supported anything opposite of the US ...They would have nuked them quicker then a wink...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They sure have spent a ton of money and moved a ton of arms over the years. Still are. I kinda think that they wish they could do that stuff. They enjoy it!! :eek:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The Geneva Convention DOES NOT COVER ILLEGAL COMBATANTS. Yes, that's right. If you don't wear a uniform or identifying insignia and carry arms openly, you are considered an illegal combatant and the capturing power is in its rights to shoot you on the spot. This happened in WWII with German soldiers impersonating US MP's. Ike gave the orders to have them all shot.

Actually they were not impersonating just MP's but GIs. Because they wore the wrong uniform, they were considered spies, hence shot on site and that is outside the convention. Remember that the convention was 'updated' in I think 1948 and it had a lot of new things added to it which we are dealing with now. The truth is that the convention may not be the ultimare law of our land....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It may have been updated even much later that '48 but like I said, it has been 39 years since I took that class in basic training. The ultimate law of our land should be total protection of our citizens. Eliminate the enemy and safety follows.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess being named "Mancow" would be torture in and of itself.....Fox reporters have been water b too, but didn't make such a grandstand about it, so has some over at CNN....They all thought they were going to drown, but it's imposible to do so since you are feet up when it's going on, water will not go up hill, and with a cloth over your face the water is displaced enough not to be inhaled....scary all the same.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
As a life long Chicago radio listener ( boogy check and old uncle larr) it hurts the pride a bit to have to admit it but yea mancow is kinda a big wimp.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Perhaps, you might be interested in testimony before the House Judiciary Committee. To wit: Power Line - Eric the infallible? part 2.

Holder is a blue ribbon MORON. Anyone who could read his testimony and not demand his immediate termination is a FOOL. That is the exact type of idiocy that is going to destroy us. We are immersed in enemies "domestic" from the top down. Holder is at least a candidate for the ten most wanted list.

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
I agree. His testimony and the questioning by two members of the committee shoots down the torture argument.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can solve the Pelosi/CIA problem very quickly. Give Pelosi and the involved CIA members poloygraph tests. I would bet on the CIA. They HAVE to pass them prior to hiring on and every so many years during the ENTIRE time of thier employment. Pelosi is a politition, I rest my case.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Yeah. It worked for Capone, and it worked at Gitmo. What's the big deal? Torture of terrorists isn't even torture, it's self defense.

Capone was convicted of tax evasion. Actually if you want to use Capone as an example it's not a very good one. He was brought to justice by Elliott Ness shutting down his business', not by using the same gangster mentality as Capone.

So the tactics the Mafia used you condone of? Wow.....do you know how many innocent lives were cut short because of their brutality? Two wrongs don't make a right and if you want to include little Johnny and his toy truck that is were it starts.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Capone was eventually brought down by the tax evasion charges, because there were too many layers to get to him directly on the other charges. But Ness absolutely put a hurt on his businesses by using those same tactics. Every time Capone hurt one of him men, Ness did the eye for an eye thing.

Do I approve of Mafia tactics? No. Do I approve of Mafia tactics when it applies to terrorists? Yes, absolutely. If someone hurts a member of my family, for example, or is a member of a gang who has open expressed a desire to kill anyone in my family, and I catch them, I will do whatever it takes to get the information I want out of them, in order to protect my family. Same goes for terrorists. Two wrongs don't make a right, but if it's them or me, it's gonna be them. Sorry.