Ya really gotta wonder why they're all tryin' soooooo hard ....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
... the mainstream media that is ..... sooooo, without further adieu:

SMACKDOWN TIME

.... uhhh .... anyone else see a problem here ?

Last edited:

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I can't figure it out either. Just as Stewart said, the guy is the only one that doesn't regurgitate GOP talking points and actually believes what he say's and doesn't flip-flop on every other issue. I don't see any love for him here in the soapbox either. It just to goes to show you that most in here have that, "mainstream" mentality and just can't think for themselves, just like the ones they like to complain about all the time. Maybe if they'd turn off the cable news networks for a second and educate themselves on these candidates without the influence of some talking head on T.V. they would have a different opinion of Mr. Paul.

naaaah......that would be to difficult.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
My only problem with the good doctor is his age. That being said, he is the one who fits my ideology most. I'll be writing him in if Palin doesn't get the nod... or I'll vote Libertarian or Constitution Party.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
BTW... you have to wonder why they're ignoring Ron Paul. Could it be cause they're afraid of him? Maybe like how they were afraid of Goldwater and Palin? They are shiite scared of true conservatives/ libertarians. They know if people actually got a taste of true liberty, they'd never go back.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I honestly don't get it but it makes me glad that I don't waste my time with network news.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I can't figure it out either. Just as Stewart said, the guy is the only one that doesn't regurgitate GOP talking points and actually believes what he say's and doesn't flip-flop on every other issue. I don't see any love for him here in the soapbox either. It just to goes to show you that most in here have that, "mainstream" mentality and just can't think for themselves, just like the ones they like to complain about all the time. Maybe if they'd turn off the cable news networks for a second and educate themselves on these candidates without the influence of some talking head on T.V. they would have a different opinion of Mr. Paul.

naaaah......that would be to difficult.

No love for Ron Paul in here? Welcome to EO you must be new here.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
My only problem with the good doctor is his age. That being said, he is the one who fits my ideology most. I'll be writing him in if Palin doesn't get the nod... or I'll vote Libertarian or Constitution Party.
Ron Paul or Palin? With Palin being first? I don't know how you can make that leap. They aren't similar in viewpoint at all.

Palin is a neocon with little substantive regard for individual rights (she has some regard for them, but not very deep or wide). She's nice to look at, but ideology-wise, she's more like Bush, and we sure don't need any more of that.

Paul is a true-believer, freedom-wise. If his age bothers you, just make sure you like his running mate.

But for God's sake, drop your support for Palin. The country won't survive for more years under a neocon.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Ron Paul is widely viewed as a strange man because he does some really weird things. Why would a serious person repeatedly appear as a guest on George Noory's crackpot radio show... is Ron Paul comfortable being sandwiched in between space aliens and chupacabra stories??? Is Ron Paul that desperate for attention? Is he smart enough to understand he harms his credibility by such stunts??? Not to be outdone there, Ron Paul has been a frequent guest of conspiracy crackpot Alex Jones. Ron Paul is scoffed at because he is perfectly at home in the company of strange characters like George Noory, Art Bell, Alex Jones and Julian Assange. While Ron Paul is guiding the Mother Ship of Libertarian Free Thinkers, serious voters will cringe as he orbits by. A harmless, polite and strange old man traveling through Outer Space with his left turn signal on.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ron Paul is widely viewed as a strange man because he does some really weird things. Why would a serious person repeatedly appear as a guest on George Noory's crackpot radio show... is Ron Paul comfortable being sandwiched in between space aliens and chupacabra stories??? Is Ron Paul that desperate for attention? Is he smart enough to understand he harms his credibility by such stunts??? Not to be outdone there, Ron Paul has been a frequent guest of conspiracy crackpot Alex Jones. Ron Paul is scoffed at because he is perfectly at home in the company of strange characters like George Noory, Art Bell, Alex Jones and Julian Assange. While Ron Paul is guiding the Mother Ship of Libertarian Free Thinkers, serious voters will cringe as he orbits by. A harmless, polite and strange old man traveling through Outer Space with his left turn signal on.

Cute summation. He's also one of those crackpots who believes the Federal Reserve is a continuing threat to our liberties. He also believes in that one-world government garbage. Can you believe he's trying to warn us of that phantom? Geez... conspiracies abound!

He can't help who likes him. Yes, at any cost, he has to get his word out. So if Fox snubs him, oh well... neighbors with aliens it shall be.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Excellent ! :D

On the age thing, check out Buddy Roemer - I caught a little bit of him on CSPAN the other day (haven't fully researched his record yet though) ..... I liked what I heard (anti- DC establishment, ability to cross party lines, etc) .... IMO, he's worth a closer look.

He sounds like he would be a good choice for VP in a Paul presidency ..... Paul/Roemer ..... he's about 10 years younger than Dr. Paul.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
BTW... you have to wonder why they're ignoring Ron Paul. Could it be cause they're afraid of him? Maybe like how they were afraid of Goldwater and Palin? They are shiite scared of true conservatives/ libertarians.
Precisely ...... the establishment and their media lapdogs are utterly frickin' terrified of Paul ... and threat to their power that he represents (not quite sure that is true for Palin as well ... though it very well might be ...)

They know if people actually got a taste of true liberty, they'd never go back.
Yup ;)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ron Paul is widely viewed as a strange man because he does some really weird things.
The really important question:

"Viewed as "strange" by whom ?"

(Answer: the political "establishment", and their lapdog media, and those of weak mind who endlessly parrot the talking points they have been inculcated with by same ....)

Why would a serious person repeatedly appear as a guest on George Noory's crackpot radio show...
Simple: because them people can vote too ......

Try reading a little of Art of War by Sun Tzu for further enlightenment:

"And therefore those skilled in war bring the enemy to the field of battle and are not brought there by him."

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."

"If you know your enemy and you know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself you will succumb in every battle."

is Ron Paul comfortable being sandwiched in between space aliens and chupacabra stories???
Apparently ..... yes ......

That actually says a lot about him ..... in a very good way .... he's willing to do whatever it takes ... go wherever he needs to .... to ensure that his message of personal freedom and individual liberty reaches the widest possible audience .....

He's not so much trying to get elected (although that would certainly be good too) ...... as much as he is trying to change the nature of the conversation ...... and he has already succeeded ......

Is Ron Paul that desperate for attention?
See the portion of my reply immediately above ....

Is he smart enough to understand he harms his credibility by such stunts???
My guess is that Dr. Paul realizes that anyone who is deeply disturbed (yeah, pun intended) - simply by his appearance on a media show to promote his views, and raise awareness and understanding of principles of freedom and liberty, the Constitution - is probably too far gone at this point, to be of any real use in righting the ship of state.

He's on his way to put out a fire .... and these jokers are simply the yapping dogs desperately barking at the fire truck as it speeds past ....

Maybe these folks will wise up later, and actually contribute to ensuring the ship stays upright and floating, after all the heavy lifting is done.

Not to be outdone there, Ron Paul has been a frequent guest of conspiracy crackpot Alex Jones. Ron Paul is scoffed at because he is perfectly at home in the company of strange characters like George Noory, Art Bell, Alex Jones and Julian Assange.
Some folks have no real idea just how much of tool they are (and I ain't talking about Dr. Paul here either)

The funny thing here is that your views here are more aligned with Chris Matthews, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow, et al ....

Now ask me which I find more disturbing: That .... or the fact that Dr. Paul would speak in nearly any venue to promote the really important stuff in order to raise the awareness of a slumbering public ?

While Ron Paul is guiding the Mother Ship of Libertarian Free Thinkers, serious voters will cringe as he orbits by. A harmless, polite and strange old man traveling through Outer Space with his left turn signal on.
Actually, the following is closer to the actual reality of the matter:

Dr. Paul - largely single-handedly - has managed to change the nature of the national conversation .... and is causing a fundamental shift in the Republican party itself ..... one that will likely take years, maybe even decades, to fully view.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Cute summation.
Yeah .... too cute by half .....

It's the typical smarmy response that one expects from the Greek quarter of EO ....

He's also one of those crackpots who believes the Federal Reserve is a continuing threat to our liberties. He also believes in that one-world government garbage. Can you believe he's trying to warn us of that phantom? Geez... conspiracies abound!
ROTFMAO !!!

Well said.

He can't help who likes him. Yes, at any cost, he has to get his word out. So if Fox snubs him, oh well... neighbors with aliens it shall be.
Yup ... what is important is the message .... not the man, or the audience.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As strange as a religion driven leader who gets advice from the sky might appear to a non believer perhaps?

clcooper

Expert Expediter

WHAT ,WHO SAYS YOU ARE NOT A CRACKPOT . WHAT MAKES YOU SO MUCH BETTER .

please before you answer this think alittle bit what am i trying to say ???

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yup ... what is important is the message .... not the man, or the audience.
Hey, that's remarkably like, "What's important is what was posted, rather than who posted it."

I just wish people wouldn't use the above in the same manner in which most people use religion, you know, when it's conveeenient. <snort> :D

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Trust me, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Practice a little and come back.

here i will go slower so you can understand it
WHAT , WHO SAYS YOU ARE NOT A CRACKPOT . WHAT MAKES YOU SO MUCH BETTER .

you go around calling other people crackpots because they dont believe the same things you do .

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
here i will go slower so you can understand it
WHAT , WHO SAYS YOU ARE NOT A CRACKPOT . WHAT MAKES YOU SO MUCH BETTER .

you go around calling other people crackpots because they dont believe the same things you do .

1) Stay on topic: Ron Paul
2) Don't go personal
3) Have a nice day