Work boots made in America?

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
I always wear work boots. I assume most people here do as well since they are so comfortable. I have always worn Redwing boots but while looking at a new pair, I saw they are now made in China. Too bad, no more Redwings for me.

Does anyone know of a made in USA work boot that is well made, long lasting and comfortable? Only USA made please and thank you.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I remember making a stop at their HQ because I've always been a fan of their boots. Sorry to hear this - looking forward to hear what our options are.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
You can still get Red Wing Boots that are made in the USA with USA material. Go to there web site and filter out all their boots except USofA.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've delivered to the factory in Red Wing, MN. Seemed to be making a lot of boots there. Far as I know, their Irish Setter, Vasque, and Worx branded (by Red Wing) shoes are made in China, but most of their other shoes (like the Heritage) are still made here.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
My husband swears by Carolinas- made in USA and last longer than anything else. Plus, they fit his sz10 1/2 4E with high instep, which after visiting a New Balance store today and still not finding something that fits, is not easy. Most New Balance shoes are made in USA as well.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Double H, like most others, make some here, some in China.

I have some Caterpillar boots. First thing I looked at was where they were made (in China), but the fact that they fit properly was the overriding factor.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
Double H, like most others, make some here, some in China.

I have some Caterpillar boots. First thing I looked at was where they were made (in China), but the fact that they fit properly was the overriding factor.

What do you know about Timberland boots (Pro Series)? I found a pair I like online but it doesn't day if it is made in USA or not. Thanks.

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
red wings-great boots-can be re soled-also military boots callede ALTIMA-america made-another great boot-just make sure its USA-there is another that is china made-altimas can be found at army surplus and the usa are true to size

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What do you know about Timberland boots (Pro Series)? I found a pair I like online but it doesn't day if it is made in USA or not. Thanks.
I think most of those are made in China. Last pair I had was Timberlands. I got them right around 1999 or 2000, and they were made in China.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
cabelas have some of their own brand boots made in the USA as well as good old thom mccan. i have a pair of thoms that ive had since 1998.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My wife, the ex-cop, always got her boots from Rocky ... with the "thinsulate" feature. And I used to live near the factory there. When we would go down, she always stopped by the factory.

I absolutly love 'em. The only boot I wear. :p

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Far as I know, their Irish Setter, Vasque, and Worx branded (by Red Wing) shoes are made in China, but most of their other shoes (like the Heritage) are still made here.
I still own a pair of Vasque hiking boots purchased in 1974. Still going strong but don't get much use anymore because they must weigh 4 to 5 pounds for the pair. In my youth, at a bar selling tap beer by the pail, I put one of my Vasques and a one dollar bill on the bar and said fill it up. The bartender did and I drank from my hiking boot. Ah to be young and foolish!

It just occurred to me that my Vasques are older than our young friend Zane. Wow, how did I get so old. Drinking out of a hiking boot, how did I live to be this old! Jeez I remember doing the toe drag on my motorcycle with my Vasque boots. Indestructible!

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Go to a Work Boot store, that is to say find a store that sells boots and shoes only for the trades person... They will be the ones to know (if you can find a really knowledgeable sales person that is) what's USA made and what is Not.

Tractor Supply sells some good boots, but they are regionalized- in the sense that not all stores sell the same things. They may look like they do, and for the most part they all do generally sell the same things- but some do vary depending on what the regions needs are and what really sells in a particular area.
Rocky makes a decent boot, Wolverine does too- but not sure if they're made in US or not.
search down a work boot store. You'll be glad you did. There's one in Simpsonville, SC (Near Mauldin, SC) I think it's called Harrisons- the main guy there- a tall guy, he's the manager there- he really knows his stuff. They got another store somewhere too I think.
Hope this helps. BBB

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I wear dark brown mcrae industrial slip on boots. Steel toe. Very comfortable. And offer very good prices. Have had mine sense July and not even a single problem with them. I dont wear shoes much most of the time only boots so I get alot of use out of mine.